Ashes

Getting started on PC

Now that you mention it, I do recall that someone else had to order through him as well. I just saw him come onto Skype so I'll tip him off on what's going on.

Really appreciated you guys for great help.

I am a big fan of DQ series dreaming one day I can play DQ online like FF. For now, not only this reason I decide to play DQX but also kind support from people here!

After spending the last 12 hours providing documentation and talking on the phone with PayPal I need to emphasize 2 things. First, I likely will not do this if you've never posted on the Den before. Secondly, let me be the one who initiates this offer. It was an invasive inquiry and one I did not enjoy considering the amount of information and the nature of the information. I do place myself in a position of liability, though, in these instances it's limited since the transaction does reach $50.

However, let me be the one who opens the door for this liability. I love this community, but it puts me in a tough spot when things like this happen. As a self employed programmer who left the medical field fairly recently it also demands a lot more of the time than I'd care to deal with for being nice.

Thanks.

I shouldn't have bothered you to buy DQX for me. It would piss me off If I were in the same situation as you. Just freely tell me if there is an addition amount of money I need to recover.

Sorry again.

i tested this Chrome app Hola to enter on the e-store page and it worked

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

you just need to set the page to Japan on the app config.

i was saying about the long way by webmoney->crysta->e-store because here where i live talking to credit card companies is veeeeeeeery tiring haha

(btw i'm not buying the game right now, need to wait until next month to have enough money >_< )

Thanks for sharing this!

I am having a problem subscribing by using my credit cards. Never thought before VPN is needed in order to subscribe.

I'll try the app once I get back home.

Now that you mention it, I do recall that someone else had to order through him as well. I just saw him come onto Skype so I'll tip him off on what's going on.

Really appreciated you guys for great help.

I am a big fan of DQ series dreaming one day I can play DQ online like FF. For now, not only this reason I decide to play DQX but also kind support from people here!

After spending the last 12 hours providing documentation and talking on the phone with PayPal I need to emphasize 2 things. First, I likely will not do this if you've never posted on the Den before. Secondly, let me be the one who initiates this offer. It was an invasive inquiry and one I did not enjoy considering the amount of information and the nature of the information. I do place myself in a position of liability, though, in these instances it's limited since the transaction does reach $50.

However, let me be the one who opens the door for this liability. I love this community, but it puts me in a tough spot when things like this happen. As a self employed programmer who left the medical field fairly recently it also demands a lot more of the time than I'd care to deal with for being nice.

Thanks.

I shouldn't have bothered you to buy DQX for me. It would piss me off If I were in the same situation as you. Just freely tell me if there is an addition amount of money I need to recover.

Sorry again.

You're fine everything is resolved. I just say all of that so that people will understand if I say no.

Correct it is all of it. Both the original and expansion.

haha. I just figured we needed an updated guide to do it. I did have bjaxx's when I registered, but it didn't get all of the answers I needed. Plus it was in German for some of it and I definitely don't know German.

Edit: So apparently, I've overreached my limit on images in the initial posts so I am putting this here!

How to tell if you have installed version 2:

Your initial load screen should have this. (It comes before the warning) if not.

--- YOU NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR EXE WITH THE EXPANSION INSTALLER---

yuA1tOB.png

Where do I get the expansion installer?

haha. I just figured we needed an updated guide to do it. I did have bjaxx's when I registered, but it didn't get all of the answers I needed. Plus it was in German for some of it and I definitely don't know German.

Edit: So apparently, I've overreached my limit on images in the initial posts so I am putting this here!

How to tell if you have installed version 2:

Your initial load screen should have this. (It comes before the warning) if not.

--- YOU NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR EXE WITH THE EXPANSION INSTALLER---

yuA1tOB.png

Where do I get the expansion installer?
If you purchase a digital download from Amazon.jp, they should send an email to your registered email address, containing a link for download version 2.0 upgrade (just download the setup and install it over your trial version). Edited by Murd

Hey (my first post, yeay!). How do all of you manage to play the game properly? Do you all speak japanese?

No most of us do not speak Japanese. Some can read bits and pieces,and there are some that know quite a bit, if not are fluent in Japanese. Generally, we muddle our way through and ask those who know how to read and write Japanese for help, or we ask those who just have more experience. 

Sup everybody just got the free trial up and running late last night. Looking forward to getting the full game once I get to Korea.

You're welcome, and welcome to the Den.

I decided to try the trial. Running an update...

I decided to try the trial. Running an update...

And so it begins mwa ha ha ha!

Yeah. Thanks to ridiculous update times, I couldn't play last night. I'll have to wait until after work tonight. And my FC Twin isn't working well, so I couldn't play DQ5, DQ6, or any of my American SNES games. I guess I could have played the PS2 version of V, but I didn't think about it.

Make sure you're updating without a connection to a vpn. It goes much faster.

Make sure you're updating without a connection to a vpn. It goes much faster.

Yeah, I learned that during the beta.

Uh, I thought Beta saves got deleted? I'm where I left off in the beta. (Is it because I never made it online, only offline campaign?)

Um, could I please have somebody help me with controller setup? All I've got is ?s (which is just as useful to me as japanese would be), and even though the buttons and controller names are in english, and it looks like I have things set up properly (XBox one controller, XInput, default button config) my controller doesn't do anything in-game. And when I go back to the config program after running the game, it's switched back to the default settings! (Jumi Joystick... It's a thing for an app on my phone.)

Beta saves weren't deleted, and there was a setting on my controller where I flipped a switch. This made the mapping work properly. I think it had something to do with key mapping.

I'm guessing you have a Logitech controller shaped like a PSX/PS2/PS3 DualShock controller but with XBox-styled buttons? If I'm correct, all that switch does is set it to use DirectInput (Older windows versions) or XInput (XBox/360/One/Current standard for Windows).

I'm stuck in the ruins/cave trying to get through that door. Going to look at a guide.

I just finished the Single Player Campaign! (Or, at least the first part.) THAT'S THE MOST BADASS CUTSCENE I'VE EVER SEEN IN A DQ GAME, POSSIBLY ANY GAME.

I decided to play as a Pupliko (sorry if I butchered that) theif. Buuuuuuut... I can't remember the password to my japanese Square Enix account... Oh well, I need to get up in about 6 3/4 hours for work, so I should go to bed. I'll play more tomorrow.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Yes mine is Logitech, but it's setting I think changes direct input setting. Maybe? As for where you're stuck is it online, or is it offline? If it is offline I think Cranberry's guide should help you a lot. If it's online Kei's roadmap should help since it links the wiki pages. Just use chrome to get a "translation". Also, these questions that aren't setup questions might be better in the Q&A thread.

It's "Pukuripo" by the way. I love the cutscenes you get some great ones in this game.

Edited by Ashes

Does this work for those of us in the uk?