Ashes

Getting started on PC

I got it to work.  I missed that step somehow during registration I guess.  Everything works fine now.  Thanks!

I used a Japanese hotel too, the one I stayed at last time I was there.

Yeah I guess I should stress that you should make sure you go through step by step. I kinda figured people would, but eh gamers!

fyi I was able to get the all in one PC package from amazon.jp w a foreign (fake) address.  just had to call the CC company first and it went through no problem !

I have a request to improve this guide: Can we have mention in the section about Version 2 that Version 2 specifically requires a special install (that comes with your Version 2 key)? I don't think this is specified very well in this guide, and as a result I made the assumption that I didn't need to download anything extra. Then, when I tried to go to the map with the Demon Trainer NPC, it complained about my installation. When I asked in Team they told me about this, and now I'm stuck on a 12 hour download that I could have completed right after release and wouldn't be waiting. I think it's a good thing to explicitly mention so that people know for certain, as I don't really think it's specified very well here.

So on the subject of buying the game, I noticed Amazon.jp have the only Downloadable only copy of the All In One Package which comes out August 7th (unless I missed anything which I wouldn't put past me  :P ). Square's official store is only selling physical copies I think. 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00KYKUSEE/

It only is accepting pre-orders from Japanese addresses, but. So, I figured I put in my Japanese address for now, but when the time comes for the game to bill me, I assume Amazon will realize my card doesn't match the address and cancel the transaction. Hoping Japanese-only download is just a temporary thing, but do you guys know?

I assumed it'd be best for new player to get this version since it will come with the expansions.

I'm pretty sure you figured this out, but I want to address it since I didn't see an answer (for future players). The English version of the Amazon.co.jp site says that you need a Billing Address in Japan, but that's not true. I was able to set my Shipping Address when it asks for one, and it was fine (I have a history of exporting things so I have an export address I can use). Once I set my Shipping Address to a Japanese address it didn't care anymore.

I have a request to improve this guide: Can we have mention in the section about Version 2 that Version 2 specifically requires a special install (that comes with your Version 2 key)? I don't think this is specified very well in this guide, and as a result I made the assumption that I didn't need to download anything extra. Then, when I tried to go to the map with the Demon Trainer NPC, it complained about my installation. When I asked in Team they told me about this, and now I'm stuck on a 12 hour download that I could have completed right after release and wouldn't be waiting. I think it's a good thing to explicitly mention so that people know for certain, as I don't really think it's specified very well here.

So on the subject of buying the game, I noticed Amazon.jp have the only Downloadable only copy of the All In One Package which comes out August 7th (unless I missed anything which I wouldn't put past me  :P ). Square's official store is only selling physical copies I think. 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00KYKUSEE/

It only is accepting pre-orders from Japanese addresses, but. So, I figured I put in my Japanese address for now, but when the time comes for the game to bill me, I assume Amazon will realize my card doesn't match the address and cancel the transaction. Hoping Japanese-only download is just a temporary thing, but do you guys know?

I assumed it'd be best for new player to get this version since it will come with the expansions.

I'm pretty sure you figured this out, but I want to address it since I didn't see an answer (for future players). The English version of the Amazon.co.jp site says that you need a Billing Address in Japan, but that's not true. I was able to set my Shipping Address when it asks for one, and it was fine (I have a history of exporting things so I have an export address I can use). Once I set my Shipping Address to a Japanese address it didn't care anymore.

Funny thing. Check out my 2nd post in this thread. I'll make it more clear in the original though.

Funny thing. Check out my 2nd post in this thread. I'll make it more clear in the original though.

No rudeness intended or anything, but that's a pretty cryptic way to say, "You need to download a special installer to actually be able to do V2 content." I read that post multiple times and couldn't figure out if you were actually supposed to do anything special to get what's in that image or not, or if it would just happen after activating something in the launcher, just reaching a certain point, maybe just having a key, or heck, things could have changed in the last 7 months and that picture was outdated. It doesn't really say, which is my point.

I don't want to sound like I'm unappreciative. I really do appreciate all the work you put into this guide, thanks a lot for it. I just want to help make it the best it can be.

Edited by Polantaris

Alright it's obvious now. I am in a horribly sarcastic mood, but eh it gets the point across though not as kindly as I would normal make these things. I have an interview in 7 hours and still can't sleep. Bleh.

Looking over it again and really I'm ok with the bluntness. It's a frustrating and a problem that gets a few people.

Looking over it again and really I'm ok with the bluntness. It's a frustrating and a problem that gets a few people.

I actually have no problem with the bluntness. It seems perfectly fine to me. No reason to tiptoe around the potential problem.

Got a problem buying an all-in-one digital download (for PC) from Amazon.jp.

Edited: I think I'm done with this. After several times of trying to complete the transaction, I kept getting a payment validation email from Amazon.jp.

Edited by Murd

The problem you are having is because your address is outside of Japan.  I believe there are posts about this earlier in the topic.  You may have to call your credit card company and have them OK this, and you may have to put the address as a Japanese address.

Another option if this turns out to be troublesome is to order the physical release from Play-Asia and have them ship it to you.  That bypasses the problem but you'll have to wait for the game to arrive before you can install it.

The problem you are having is because your address is outside of Japan. I believe there are posts about this earlier in the topic. You may have to call your credit card company and have them OK this, and you may have to put the address as a Japanese address.

Another option if this turns out to be troublesome is to order the physical release from Play-Asia and have them ship it to you. That bypasses the problem but you'll have to wait for the game to arrive before you can install it.

I have tried using jp address for both shipping and billing address and called my cc company letting them know I was gonna buy from Amazon.jp. Still, couldn't pass the validation process.

I just do not want to buy a copy coz' I have to pay shipping fee and import tax. When this game is available outside Japan (locallized or internationalized server), I plan to move from jp server.

Amazon.jp asked me to show them the proof of my cc information such as cardholder name and billing address.

If I show them the proof of my cc, they will finally find out I use a fake address, I guess.

Below is what the email says:

Greetings from Amazon.co.jp.

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to process order (#249-6740201-4380614).

At your earliest convenience, please fax us a copy of a recent credit card billing statement to our office in Japan (0120-996-300/03-6367-4007), confirming the name, address, and telephone number associated with the card. If you have set up paperless billing with your bank, your online statement is also accepted as a proof. Simply reply to this email with a PDF/JPEG attachment including the card holder's name, address, and phone number, and we will resume the verification process.

*******************Note********************

Your Amazon.co.jp account and order have been placed on hold. You will not be able to access your order information online. Please do not place any more new orders or open new accounts. We will process your order as soon as billing information has been verified.

Edited by Murd

I'm going to let Ashes handle this one.  I've always ordered physical and avoided this kind of thing.

Anyways, gonna throw this out there:

http://www.play-asia.com/dragon-quest-x-all-in-one-package-paOS-13-49-en-70-7tqz.html

They haven't released details for some reason yet, but regular Dragon Quest X is free shipping so there's a good chance this one will be too.  If this validation thing can't be resolved, this might be your best bet.  Wait for Ashes though.  He might have a solution.

I'm going to let Ashes handle this one. I've always ordered physical and avoided this kind of thing.

Anyways, gonna throw this out there:

http://www.play-asia.com/dragon-quest-x-all-in-one-package-paOS-13-49-en-70-7tqz.html

They haven't released details for some reason yet, but regular Dragon Quest X is free shipping so there's a good chance this one will be too. If this validation thing can't be resolved, this might be your best bet. Wait for Ashes though. He might have a solution.

Thank you very much for your help.

Actually I have found Ashes helped out someone who had the same problem as me by sending money via paypal to him, then, he bought a key from Amazon.jp. I already sent him PM but he has not yet come online now.

Anyway, I'll go check the link you provide. If nothing else I can do, might considering ordering a copy via Play Asia.

Now that you mention it, I do recall that someone else had to order through him as well.  I just saw him come onto Skype so I'll tip him off on what's going on.

Now that you mention it, I do recall that someone else had to order through him as well.  I just saw him come onto Skype so I'll tip him off on what's going on.

Really appreciated you guys for great help.

I am a big fan of DQ series dreaming one day I can play DQ online like FF. For now, not only this reason I decide to play DQX but also kind support from people here! 

Really appreciated you guys for great help.

I am a big fan of DQ series dreaming one day I can play DQ online like FF. For now, not only this reason I decide to play DQX but also kind support from people here!

After spending the last 12 hours providing documentation and talking on the phone with PayPal I need to emphasize 2 things. First, I likely will not do this if you've never posted on the Den before. Secondly, let me be the one who initiates this offer. It was an invasive inquiry and one I did not enjoy considering the amount of information and the nature of the information. I do place myself in a position of liability, though, in these instances it's limited since the transaction does reach $50.

However, let me be the one who opens the door for this liability. I love this community, but it puts me in a tough spot when things like this happen. As a self employed programmer who left the medical field fairly recently it also demands a lot more of the time than I'd care to deal with for being nice.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

hi there guys!

i've been playing the trial version for a few days... but now i really want to buy the all-in-one package.

do you think the following process for buying works?

1- buy webmoney on play-asia

2- buy crysta with the webmoney on square-enix

3- buy the download version of the game on SE e-store with crysta

thanks!

(...and sorry for my bad english)

The first two work definitely since I just did it 2 weeks ago, however, the mark up is incredibly ridiculous. I would see if your credit card works on the Square Enix JP site first. As for the third I am not sure. You may have to use a VPN to purchase because from my normal ISP I get a rejection from the web page saying that I need to order from within Japan. 

This said, try it out. 

i tested this Chrome app Hola to enter on the e-store page and it worked

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

you just need to set the page to Japan on the app config.

i was saying about the long way by webmoney->crysta->e-store because here where i live talking to credit card companies is veeeeeeeery tiring haha

(btw i'm not buying the game right now, need to wait until next month to have enough money >_< )