Ashes

Getting started on PC

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Edited by Kaeneth

Has anyone ran into this when trying to type Kana? I'm on Windows 10 with the locale set to Japanese.

random_kanji.JPG.c42d57897b83e9d758dc80bb10c2101f.JPG

Posted (edited)

Anybody know why I can't type in kana in game? I have all the Japanese language packs and such downloaded, the windows menus for the game are all in kana, I even tried setting my whole system to Japanese to no avail. It's only stuff I try to type, nothing else. 

Edited by Kaeneth

Posted (edited)

EDIT: I figured it out, it was a corrupted configuration file caused by my shenanigans with the english EXE. I went to My Documents/My Games and deleted the DragonQuestX folder in there to make everything work again.

Edited by SusanosWrath

Posted (edited)

New to DQX. Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread. But you need a VPN to play DQX right? Curious is all.

Edited by Lichzim

On 6/15/2019 at 5:02 AM, Lichzim said:

New to DQX. Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread. But you need a VPN to play DQX right? Curious is all.

I believe you do. I downloaded the game again yesterday after being told that the IP block was lifted, and was greeted with the all too familiar Yellow Text Box Of Region Lock.

I have a question and this is me coming back. do i have to download all my expansions again or will they be with the download that comes out now when you reinstall the game?

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 12:34 PM, Tymek said:

I believe you do. I downloaded the game again yesterday after being told that the IP block was lifted, and was greeted with the all too familiar Yellow Text Box Of Region Lock.

It was only lifted in the US only, I live in Canada and still have to use a VPN, the only difference being I can use a US IP for better latency.

Edited by HyDEKI

Okay, I'm a bit lost. I'm trying to get started on Switch. I've made an account but I keep getting to the part where it wants me to enter a registration code. It's a page that looks similar to "Step 3" in "Obtaining a Game Key" in this guide, however I don't know how to actually get the key. Is this key something that I have to purchase for game time? And if so, where do I actually go to purchase that? I see people saying that on Switch, you can just purchase gametime with the eshop but I don't see that option anywhere either.

Sorry, I tried to figure it out on my own so, but unless I'm missing something, this issue is unique? Maybe?

This is what the page looks like, if that helps anyone.22e48a75e55889f494a089a29521e0d9.jpg

8 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

This is what the page looks like, if that helps anyone.22e48a75e55889f494a089a29521e0d9.jpg

First off, this thread is about the PC version.

Second off, the Switch version has no free trial so you have no choice but to purchase the game to play it.

First off, this thread is about the PC version.

Second off, the Switch version has no free trial so you have no choice but to purchase the game to play it.
I know this is the PC thread but there isn't a Switch specific thread and I didn't want to start a topic just for my question.

I already purchased the game itself. This is as far as I get within the client, but I'm not sure what key I'm supposed to enter here.

I'm having a problem where I can't type in Japanese ingame (making me unable to do a quest early on). I've changed my locale/region and even PC language to Japanese but when i try to type in Japanese it just shows up as question marks.

Okay I figured it out. Apparently, SE or Nintendo was supposed to email a game key to me after I purchased the game. They did not. I found it by logging into my Nintendo eshop account on a desktop PC and looking at my past purchases.

• Like 1

I figured out how to make the Japanese IME work for Windows 10! Well a friend gave me some guidelines and I figured it out from there.

Before you even install DQ10 you need to do the following:

• Change the system locale to Japanese
  • Change your region and region format to Japan
  • Make Japanese IME your default language. This means it should be the default app, default input. You don't have to change your display to Japanese.
Edited by Imutone

On 9/23/2019 at 8:37 AM, Imutone said:

I figured out how to make the Japanese IME work for Windows 10! Well a friend gave me some guidelines and I figured it out from there.

Before you even install DQ10 you need to do the following:

• Change the system locale to Japanese
  • Change your region and region format to Japan
  • Make Japanese IME your default language. This means it should be the default app, default input. You don't have to change your display to Japanese.

Hello,

I've recently begun playing and have encountered this issue with being unable to type in japanese in the game. Everything i type just become random kanjis and symbols instead of what i am actually typing. I have tried everything including the above.my system is still set to everything in japanese. even display language. Everything about my system scream japan. and DQX is the only place were i cant type japanese properly..  has anyone else been able to find a fix for the issue? 

Edit : I have found the issue to be directly tied to applocale. Even though every aspect of my system is in JP. DQX doesnt seem to want to play nice. so i figured i'd just emulate it. and everything functions as it should. It's just really strange that out of the dozen JP programs i have installed. DQX happens to be the only one that doesnt play nice. 

Feels good being able to communicate with people. i look forward to playing with folks on here!

Edited by DTJ

On 10/27/2019 at 3:42 PM, DTJ said:

Hello,

I've recently begun playing and have encountered this issue with being unable to type in japanese in the game. Everything i type just become random kanjis and symbols instead of what i am actually typing. I have tried everything including the above.my system is still set to everything in japanese. even display language. Everything about my system scream japan. and DQX is the only place were i cant type japanese properly..  has anyone else been able to find a fix for the issue? 

Edit : I have found the issue to be directly tied to applocale. Even though every aspect of my system is in JP. DQX doesnt seem to want to play nice. so i figured i'd just emulate it. and everything functions as it should. It's just really strange that out of the dozen JP programs i have installed. DQX happens to be the only one that doesnt play nice. 

Feels good being able to communicate with people. i look forward to playing with folks on here!

The applocale huh? I'll have to research that because honestly I was amazed I got it to work with the method I did. I mean I did download the game via CD copy so I wonder if that came into play.

Astor Tier = Arstoltia, the world of Dragon Quest X.