Ashes

Getting started on PC

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Edited by Kaeneth

Has anyone ran into this when trying to type Kana? I'm on Windows 10 with the locale set to Japanese.

random_kanji.JPG.c42d57897b83e9d758dc80bb10c2101f.JPG

Posted (edited)

Anybody know why I can't type in kana in game? I have all the Japanese language packs and such downloaded, the windows menus for the game are all in kana, I even tried setting my whole system to Japanese to no avail. It's only stuff I try to type, nothing else. 

Edited by Kaeneth

Posted (edited)

EDIT: I figured it out, it was a corrupted configuration file caused by my shenanigans with the english EXE. I went to My Documents/My Games and deleted the DragonQuestX folder in there to make everything work again.

Edited by SusanosWrath

Posted (edited)

New to DQX. Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread. But you need a VPN to play DQX right? Curious is all.

Edited by Lichzim

On 6/15/2019 at 5:02 AM, Lichzim said:

New to DQX. Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread. But you need a VPN to play DQX right? Curious is all.

I believe you do. I downloaded the game again yesterday after being told that the IP block was lifted, and was greeted with the all too familiar Yellow Text Box Of Region Lock.