Can anyone talk me through changing the controls back to the default layout.  For whatever reason a lot of the commands have been reversed since the last time I logged on.  Thanks guys.

Oh, also, I recently reinstalled Windows and since then DQX identifies me as a guest, as a result I can't access the offline mode.  How do I change this?

Did you have a different controller before?

win01_5_05.jpg

The above is the log in screen.

Lower left button is for registering a character to the software so you don't login as guest.

Once you click the lower left button, it will give you two steps. Skip step one, that's creating an account.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the following I am using chrome so everything is translated for me on the page. There are other add-ons you can install for your browser that will translate. However, I am going through Chrome f

After spending the last 12 hours providing documentation and talking on the phone with PayPal I need to emphasize 2 things. First, I likely will not do this if you've never posted on the Den before. S

You need to run the launcher with AppLocale so the program thinks you have a Japanese version of Windows. I don't know why, but that's the only way to get the IME to work with the game.

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I see. So I cant play online at all unless I have all the expansions. alright then. 

One other thing Ashes. Any way you can give me pictures or explain to me what each option under Video options does?  I get a bit of a stutter and fluctuating FPS rates on the game, stuff that never happened before with my previous video card a GTX 580, one im using now is a GTX 970 G1 Championship Windforce.  I need to figure out if their was a bad video option I may have picked, or the game hasnt been made optimized to that particular video card yet.  Or could be a bad graphics driver. 

Edited by Alexandrious

You only need v1 to play online bare minimum... At least past level 20. The expansions give you more classes and content.

I don't have screenshots of the video options but Bjaxx has some with translations. It's not super up to date but it'll get you 90% there.

Do I have to use a VPN or any sorta special currency before I make this order?  Is their any other way to do this without it asking for a Japanese address and such?  Because I tried to make the order, it took awhile to process, then it gave me an error that it took too long, gotta wait up to 4 hours for it to proceed and such. Like, some sorta way to just purchase a game key?

Edit: Seems they cancelled the order. Im gonna have to find another way to do this. Been trying to put in a international address but it wont allow it for the Digital version. May have to just buy the Boxed version.

Edit: Yea gotta buy boxed version. Is their any other way to do this before I proceed in ordering the All in One Box?

Edited by Alexandrious
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a pretty decent GPU (GeForce GTX 750) that can play some pretty new stuff on very high settings, but no matter what I do on this game, even the low presets, I get pretty bad horizontal screen tearing.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?  My Japanese is rust as hell and I can basically bumble through Katakana nowadays, so I can't read some of the advanced config options.  Is there a V-sync somewhere I can check? 

I mean, it seems like it runs just fine on very high presets other than that tearing, but the tearing happens no matter what I do.  I think the only thing I haven't tried yet is 30fps...but when I click the auto-config button, it sets me to 60fps.

I know there's a V-sync option, I'm pretty sure it's a checkbox either next to the framerate option, or next to the resolution option. Unfortunately I'm not home, and won't be for a few days, so I can't check for you.

hello everyone, it's been a while!

so, last weekend I tried to enter the game on kid's time, but after the boot update, the launcher did not appear for me.

I thought it could be VPN problem, tried a few servers, by VyprVPN and SoftEther, but the launcher still does not appear for me.

I even re-installed the game (i have the all-in-one package) but does not work.

is anyone having the same issue after the last week update? (I saw on Hiroba, the last update was 3.0.6a).

thanks for attention! :)

(as always, sorry for my terrible english)

Edited by massayuki

I have a pretty decent GPU (GeForce GTX 750) that can play some pretty new stuff on very high settings, but no matter what I do on this game, even the low presets, I get pretty bad horizontal screen tearing.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?  My Japanese is rust as hell and I can basically bumble through Katakana nowadays, so I can't read some of the advanced config options.  Is there a V-sync somewhere I can check? 

I mean, it seems like it runs just fine on very high presets other than that tearing, but the tearing happens no matter what I do.  I think the only thing I haven't tried yet is 30fps...but when I click the auto-config button, it sets me to 60fps.

No idea about a Vsync option, but I had the same problem and it disappeared after I switched from fullscreen to a borderless 1920 x 1080 window - which basically is fullscreen on my tv. I remember setting up Vsync for DQX in my NVIDIA settings, but if I recall correctly it didn't work.

Yep.  I literally went through every config option I could setup one by one and that was the LAST thing I did.  The borderless full screen is the only option it didn't do it on.  It even did the tearing at the absolutely lowest settings 640x480 everything minimum and windowed.  It wasn't until I did the borderless full that it stopped completely even at the highest settings.  that's weird.

Also, I think that first checkbox on the advanced graphics page (there are two, the 2nd is about screensavers) is the v-sync because it said something about tearing, I believe.  That didn't fix the tearing issue though - it was the windowing option...but I turned it on just in case.

One of these days... i'll translate those menus. I need to mess with it more. Sorry I was on vacation and couldn't help you enix. 

Hello, guys.  I have looked all over to see if someone has ahd the same problem as I, but could not find it.  I just started playing.  But I can't seem to get my IME to enter Japanese text into the game chat correctly. 

Microsoft IME seems to pass text into the application as question marks.  It has always worked in other applications and still does.  But not DQX.  In every other application, Japanese will show up as ã”ã‚ã‚“ã­ãªã®ï¼. But in DQX if I typed that it would look like ??????!

Has this happened to anyone?

You need to run the launcher with AppLocale so the program thinks you have a Japanese version of Windows. I don't know why, but that's the only way to get the IME to work with the game.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Upvote 1

Hiya. I have a question.

If I were to play the PC trial, am I free to continue on the 3DS afterwards? No potential danger or hazards or anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Japanese forms often expect Japanese text to be written in it, so it may need full-width text. You can try to write ï¼¹ï½ï½•ï½’ nï½ï½ï½… like this. Or try it in katakana would be the best I think.