Cranberry

Dragon's Den Team

Hi.  The ID you posted is incorrect.  Can you please correct your ID and repost it?  An ID consists of 2 letters and 6 numbers.

Hi I'd like to join your team.

My in-game name is スペンサ (supensa)

My ID is WM502-260

I'm a lvl 17 ogre warrior.

I'm currently studying Japanese but I know next to nothing so far. I probably only know as much as a first year student, if that. Look forward to playing with you guys.

Edited by faijin

This seems like loads of fun. Also loving the screenshots you guys uploaded, they're adorable.
Good luck with Team, looking forward to seeing more stuff.

All those who have joined the team up to today have permissions in the team house to use the bed etc. Enjoy!

All those who have joined the team up to today have permissions in the team house to use the bed etc. Enjoy!

Forever and ever.

my team get nelgel today

if peak time is lack of members i ll call you cranberry

use traveller job with knife (need sleep dagger) and bring big MP bottle alot

Hiya!  I found this forum via a NeoGAF post about Dragon Quest X no longer blocking foreign IPs.  I've activated a free trial account and have the game successfully running.  Would the game allow me to join a team if I'm only a trial user?  And is there a specific server I need to pick once I reach the online portion?  Thanks :)

You can probably join the team.  You an switch servers freely so worry not.  We are usually on server 33 though so that's a good place to hang out.

Once you have it just send me your character name and ID and I"ll add you.

Hi Cranberry. I have not even bought the game yet, but I know my hero's design already

gallery_76075_71_13032.png

If I can, I will try to make him an ultra swift warrior that uses the Falcon Sword like in DQIX

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

The Falcon Sword is available in this game!  You won't have to do all that much level grinding to equip it either, especially with the Angel Slime hat.

The Falcon Sword is available in this game!  You won't have to do all that much level grinding to equip it either, especially with the Angel Slime hat.

Is the combo still effective? 

If by combo, you mean the Dragon Quest 9 system where if 2 or more characters do the same action after one another without being interrupted and the attacks combo and do extra damage, that aspect is not present in Dragon Quest X.

If you're asking if being able to attack twice is effective, much like in previous games the Falcon Sword itself is rather weak.  It comes down to your base strength.  If your base strength is high, getting 2 licks in with a regular attack can be effective.  If your character is not particularly brawny, its better to have a stronger base damage sword.

Falcon Sword is great for Metals though if you don't have a multi-hit skill move.

If by combo, you mean the Dragon Quest 9 system where if 2 or more characters do the same action after one another without being interrupted and the attacks combo and do extra damage, that aspect is not present in Dragon Quest X.

If you're asking if being able to attack twice is effective, much like in previous games the Falcon Sword itself is rather weak.  It comes down to your base strength.  If your base strength is high, getting 2 licks in with a regular attack can be effective.  If your character is not particularly brawny, its better to have a stronger base damage sword.

Falcon Sword is great for Metals though if you don't have a multi-hit skill move.

I meant the UFB combo, in DQ9 it was ridiculously effective on bosses. Is it still? 

I will save up and wait for US release then buy it. You could add me then

I don't think there is an uber version of it in X.  Just the basic falcon sword.  Again, how effective it is really depends on your base strength.  If you want to use it on bosses, you need to have pretty good base strength.  If your base strength is not very high, you're probably better off using a higher base damage sword.

Even if your base strength is high, you're not going to just mow down every boss in the game with it though.  So if you're thinking you can just equip a falcon sword and win every fight using basic attacks without any kind of real strategy, that's probably not going to work.

Unlike Dragon Quest 9, this game does not have the skills that allow you to use a weapon as any class.  Its not a bad weapon, but I don't think it renders all the other swords obsolete either.

As for waiting for a US release, be aware that there's no US release announced and the IP block removal is not a confirmation that a US version is coming.  You could be waiting for an eternity.  Though all of us do hope it comes.

Edited by Cranberry

Okay, got online!  Character name is ルト (Ruto) and ID is AB173-228.  (Bet you can guess which race I chose :P)

Are you meaning the combo where you use the falcon sword and falcon slash to get 4 hits? If so, it only works on regular attacks according to saigan. However, battle masters can equip 2 falcon swords - one in each hand. This let's them get 4 attacks with their normal swing.

Hey Cranberry, can I get an invite?

My character name is ãƒãƒ©ãƒ³ã‚¿ãƒªã‚¹, however I made two characters with the same name. I'm playing the one that's the race with the wings (I don't know the name off hand). If you need my account ID to give the invite, please let me know and I'll grab it when I get home from work in the morning.

Aye, the ID number is needed as well.

Ah, alright. I'll grab it after work. Sorry about that.