Cranberry

Dragon's Den Team

I'd love to join, I could use some English speaking friends :angel:

DQX Name.png

Someone in the team chat the other day suggested making a discord server for the team.

While the companion app has a chat, it really doesn't help with character limits etc., so I personally think it's a great idea!

An unofficial team discord exists, someone set one up a while back.  I don't use Discord so I'm not sure if it's still going.

Anyone is free to set up any discord they like.  I'm never going to mandate that team members use discord though.

1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

An unofficial team discord exists, someone set one up a while back.  I don't use Discord so I'm not sure if it's still going.

Anyone is free to set up any discord they like.  I'm never going to mandate that team members use discord though.

I'd love a discord myself. I can't get the app as my phone is iOS and I have no idea how I'd download the DQX app on there. Also is there an easy way to chat with everyone in the PC client? I know there is a chat button (the slime button) but I'm not sure if it has channels.

I'd love a discord myself. I can't get the app as my phone is iOS and I have no idea how I'd download the DQX app on there. Also is there an easy way to chat with everyone in the PC client? I know there is a chat button (the slime button) but I'm not sure if it has channels.
Use Ctrl+T to open Team chat on PC.

In game there are several in game chat functions. White chat is local chat that anyone close to you can see.  Pink chat is between you and a person on your friend list.  There are chat rooms that you can invite people to in game.  Green chat is for anyone in your current party.  These will appear as blue chat.  Brown is team chat, and that can be seen by anyone on the team.

Control F for friends.
Control P for party.
Control T will get you to team chat.
I think Control C gets you local chat.

You can use the tab key to toggle between the colors.

7 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Oh, I wasn't implying to force anyone into it, just having it as an alternative for those interested.

Great to hear there already is one, maybe whoever made it will invite people who are interested, if the server's still active.

(Making more servers if one already exists feels counter-productive ; )

6 hours ago, Holibrae said:

You can press space to start typing and ctrl+left/right arrows to swap between channels. Iirc the currently selected channel will stay where it was in subsequent messages.

Edited by Hasemo

Well, it's finally here! Apparently I'm a "Poppet".

15726068709486297498025636369677.thumb.jpg.b03640f9bbcaf116635f7776d146dce5.jpg

Yeah interesting localization choices. Wetling does make a lot more sense than Weddie, but Poppet? I'm unsure of how I feel about that one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm surprised Elf wasn't changed to Faerie. Every other instance of Elves in the series have been localized as faeries. And these Elves LOOK like faeries.

Poppet can refer to a doll, Pukuripos look very much like plush dolls. Plus, I believe there's a type of flower called a Poppet - this is significant as pukus are "The People of the Flower". Basically, their entire culture revolves around cuteness, so this new name makes sense. I'm not really a fan of it though, to be honest. My vote goes to Fuzzie. Though their characteristic "pupupu" interjections would probably be easier to associate with a word starting with P.

I agree on Wetling. Dwarf and Ogre are kinda obvious, as there's no reason to change them.

Oh and Etene is localized as Tenton. *Facepalm* I mean "ten" was in the original name too, but at least to me it never stood out.

@Cranberry I'll see if I can rip those Tentonian sprites, I imagine you'd find them useful.

I'm surprised Elf wasn't changed to Faerie. Every other instance of Elves in the series have been localized as faeries. And these Elves LOOK like faeries.
Poppet can refer to a doll, Pukuripos look very much like plush dolls. Plus, I believe there's a type of flower called a Poppet - this is significant as pukus are "The People of the Flower". Basically, their entire culture revolves around cuteness, so this new name makes sense. I'm not really a fan of it though, to be honest. My vote goes to Fuzzie. Though their characteristic "pupupu" interjections would probably be easier to associate with a word starting with P.

I agree on Wetling. Dwarf and Ogre are kinda obvious, as there's no reason to change them.
Oh and Etene is localized as Tenton. *Facepalm* I mean "ten" was in the original name too, but at least to me it never stood out.
I mean Tenton doesn't bother me a ton.

Yeah Elves bother me now that you put it into perspective but I get it. If they were to ever localize it, it would be strange to most players if Elves weren't an option.

I'm just glad they didn't do something stupid like change Ogre to Orc.

[mention=15185]Cranberry[/mention] I'll see if I can rip those Tentonian sprites, I imagine you'd find them useful.
What's your name in- game, btw?

12 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

I mean Tenton doesn't bother me a ton.

Yeah Elves bother me now that you put it into perspective but I get it. If they were to ever localize it, it would be strange to most players if Elves weren't an option.

I'm just glad they didn't do something stupid like change Ogre to Orc.

Ogres were kind of already localized, actually. They appear to be the same Ogres as these: escudogre.png

Just less menacing.

Ogres were kind of already localized, actually. They appear to be the same Ogres as these: escudogre.png
Just less menacing.
Mind. Blown.

Yeah, I noticed that one day when I fought a Shield Ogre (Escudogre) in X. And no, they didn't change the design after X. Here's the original sprite from VII: shieldogr.png

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Would love to join the team. 

In game name is カール

GU402-153

And also could you invite my friend? IGN ロース VU848-838

New player here, my friend and I would like to join! :D

unknown.png

2b98e71b7e5a804faafd4e11129aa306.png

Edited by Perdu

I don't think I was able to accept it in time, I'm sorry. Could I get another invite, whenever you get a chance. :D

2b98e71b7e5a804faafd4e11129aa306.png

May I please get an invite to Team Dragon’s Den?  My character name is デューキー Dyu-ki- or delyu-ki- when typed usually.  ID is CB254-740