Cranberry

Dragon's Den Team

Hey. Im thinking about coming back for v4 if i can get it to work on ps4. Has anyone tried it yet? Im curious to know if its ip locked on ps4 and if i will need a ps plus account. Want to hear from someone who has played on ps4 or has read from an official source

I tried the ps4 version but you need an open vpn router + a vpn subscription, but no PSN Plus.

I know Cranberry has tried the demo, but she’s gone until like next week.

From talking to her, though, I can confirm that it is region locked, and more strictly than the other versions thanks to PSN blocking IPs itself. So free VPNs like SoftEther are hard to get to work on it.

The PS4 version has a few things that work against it.

There's 2 subscription models. One lets you use 3 characters and one lets you use 5. The PS4 version only lets you do the 5 characters model, which is more expensive so you are forced to pay the higher monthly fee. Second, you have to go through PSN (but you don't need PS+) and PSN states that VPNs are against the Terms of Service, and several of them are blocked outright by PSN. SoftEther is very difficult to connect through as so many of its choices are blocked by PSN. Paid VPNs could be blocked as well and you won't know until you try it and PSN reports that it's blocked.

The other platforms aren't blocking VPNs and are a lot easier to use. Don't recommend the PS4 version of DQX.

Guest Shnucks

Hello! Just started DQX after seeing the new expansion came out. Totally lost but this website has helped me out a ton!

Would love to join so I could meet some peeps!

ID: K0073-734

Name is ぽぱん (Popan)

Yeah, sorry, with the move of the site, I missed some of the posts in moving the database.

Hi, I just started the game. So far I'm enjoying it a lot, it would be great to join an english speaking team (my japanese isn't that good yet), I would like an invite please.

ID: WG709-540

Name: たくと (Takuto)

Thank you :)

Cran is on vacation until next week, so I'm sure she'll add you guys when she gets back.

Thank you Cranberry!

I just can't figure out how to use the "free Inn" (bed?), I only see one option when interacting with the house beds (うごかす - to move?)...

Don't want to mess anything (only want to stop wasting money with Inn lol) so I better ask I guess.

Ashes will need to grant you permissions to use the bed.  I'll ping him and let him know we have new members.

I've been playing pretty regularly the past couple of weeks since I started, and have the all in one. I'd love to join in.

ID:  PW 781 - 635

Name: ななみ (Nanami)

Heyo! I found out a few days ago that Dragon Quest X is free up to level 50, so I jumped at the chance to make a new account. My main character is a female Ogre martial artist with the name ゼリア. I can't read any Japanese, so sorry in advance for the barrage of questions I'm bound to ask.

Hiya, I started few days ago and it is a pure pleasure to play this game after so many years of waiting. My IG name is ウツザ and ID TG959-664. 

PS I m playing on Switch

Edited by Rakiel