Sign in to follow this  
llJMickll

Obtaining Gold

Are there any decent methods for obtaining gold out there that do not involve crafting? Sweat and Tears seems alright when grinding...Or should I rely on the occasional Liquid Metal Slime coin for new, higher level equipment?

• Upvote 2

I recall from one of Saigan's vids of X that there's a region in the Elf continent where you can run into these gold and black humanoid monsters that drop a bit more gold than the norm. I think the area's got a lot of yellow in it, lots of reeds and such, and is also home to those leaf monsters (not sure of any of the Japanese names, here, so sorry 'bout that).

Once I figured out crafting I was able to make 40-50k profit for ~2 hours without tons of effort. It's hard to match that with any other method. Once you build up a bit more cash you can branch out and try to get higher margins, but it requires tying up more money at once. I don't see how I could've gotten my current equipment without doing that though. I even did some of my own enchanting!

http://www.d-quest-10.com/list/gold_20/gold_1.html (more links from the side). I think the mob Pantheon refers to is the ãƒã‚µãƒ©ãƒ¼ãƒŠ

These are the mobs with the most direct gold drop (most you're not going to find too easily). If you want better you'll have to find stuff with good item drops. Not too sure what to suggest there. Some area pickups sell for pretty decent money too, so if you pay attention to what you sell you could map out "rounds" to do every few hours.

Sometimes the golden golem appears in the magic dungeons except it's hella rare.

I'm sure others will have much better/more specific advice :P

Also: have you friended any of the rest of us in-game yet?

Edited by dormando

Traveller job grinding basarana or ryoiso (green balloon near megistoris)

must wear job's badge

other job farming hoshinokakera (star kimera or maji star)

or farming other materials like silver and platinum ores 

orb from hard mode boss

rares hunter (some recipe books cost 100k+)

dungeons

etc.

gem of sweat and tear is the best invesment, easy million

or just farm anything while leveling up

Well, thanks everyone for the info. I was fiddling around yesterday with my lower level thief trying to get some rare drops (using the online Monster DB as a guide) to see what they were going for at the bazaar.

No, Dormando, I haven't friended anyone in the forums yet. I would definitely like to. Gets kind of lonely running around with a band for NPC's.

I was afraid of that. I know I was turning some fair profits just by dabbling in urn crafting -- buying a cheap bazaar sword and simply making it a "+1" netted about 300G pretty quick.

I just do not want to invest a large amount of time into crafting -- but it seems I may have to. I am the type of player that loves to see those rare drop treasure chests fall after a battle :)

Yeah, I have never seen a Golden Golem in one and I've been through plenty -- definitely not banking on them.

I guess I'm spoiled from the previous titles (e.g. Farming Gold Slimes around Krage in DQVII).

I almost died when I drew a "4" from the (Ogre) lottery yesterday. Instant satisfaction.

Traveller job grinding basarana or ryoiso (green balloon near megistoris)

must wear job's badge

other job farming hoshinokakera (star kimera or maji star)

or farming other materials like silver and platinum ores 

orb from hard mode boss

rares hunter (some recipe books cost 100k+)

dungeons

etc.

or just farm anything while leveling up

The hard mode bosses, aren't they the variances of story quest bosses? Can you engage them indefinitely?

Pretty sure those orbs go for around 10000-12000 G at the Bazaar.

--

Just gave them a quick review on the online guide -- They'd probably one-hit kill me at this point lol :) Got a bit of leveling to do.

Edited by llJMickll

Once I figured out crafting I was able to make 40-50k profit for ~2 hours without tons of effort. It's hard to match that with any other method. Once you build up a bit more cash you can branch out and try to get higher margins, but it requires tying up more money at once. I don't see how I could've gotten my current equipment without doing that though. I even did some of my own enchanting!

http://www.d-quest-10.com/list/gold_20/gold_1.html (more links from the side). I think the mob Pantheon refers to is the ãƒã‚µãƒ©ãƒ¼ãƒŠ

These are the mobs with the most direct gold drop (most you're not going to find too easily). If you want better you'll have to find stuff with good item drops. Not too sure what to suggest there. Some area pickups sell for pretty decent money too, so if you pay attention to what you sell you could map out "rounds" to do every few hours.

Sometimes the golden golem appears in the magic dungeons except it's hella rare.

I'm sure others will have much better/more specific advice :P

Also: have you friended any of the rest of us in-game yet?

When you craft, do you farm your own mats, or buy mats off the AH at certain price, and try to +1 +2 and +3 the weapon/armor in question?

Well, thanks everyone for the info. I was fiddling around yesterday with my lower level thief trying to get some rare drops (using the online Monster DB as a guide) to see what they were going for at the bazaar.

No, Dormando, I haven't friended anyone in the forums yet. I would definitely like to. Gets kind of lonely running around with a band for NPC's.

I was afraid of that. I know I was turning some fair profits just by dabbling in urn crafting -- buying a cheap bazaar sword and simply making it a "+1" netted about 300G pretty quick.

I just do not want to invest a large amount of time into crafting -- but it seems I may have to. I am the type of player that loves to see those rare drop treasure chests fall after a battle :)

Yeah, I have never seen a Golden Golem in one and I've been through plenty -- definitely not banking on them.

I guess I'm spoiled from the previous titles (e.g. Farming Gold Slimes around Krage in DQVII).

I almost died when I drew a "4" from the (Ogre) lottery yesterday. Instant satisfaction.

If you're already doing the dungeons, those're pretty much the best drops you can get from running around. If you get boss coins from the lottery (via glen's lottery) those will sell for quite a lot. Metal slime coins as well.

Also if you've been working on your fame, the "gate quests' (once a day) can net larger point values as a reward. You can redeem the points as either XP or gold. If the quest is quick it's not too bad for profit.

You're a ways off from the hard mode bosses... Those drops are pretty rare too, we were trying to get one yesterday and after four close ~15m fights failed to acquire one. They are just hard versions of the story bosses and you can do them over and over. This was with my level 70+ (and decently well equipped) warrior and focusing very much on my tanking :) They get easier with a well practiced group and better gear specific to that battle.

When you craft, do you farm your own mats, or buy mats off the AH at certain price, and try to +1 +2 and +3 the weapon/armor in question?

I poke around for things with decent profit and materials I can buy in bulk from the bazaar at a good discount. Sometimes I can get the base material for 30g ea instead of 200g from the store, if I buy a lot up front.

I also buy up unenchanted stuff when they tend to be cheapest (in the mornings sometimes, and usually weekends are good). Then I sell them in the late afternoon pacific time when it's morning in tokyo (fewer crafters on?). I prepare tons of stuff but don't put up much of it at once so people don't tend to stack bids underneath mine.

Haven't figured out how to increase margins yet though... just experimenting with random stuff so far. Sticking to easy things with gauaranteed profit while I raise the crafting level (currently 30, max is 40 but it slows down a *lot* at 30).

Got on today seeking this fella's rare drop: http://www.d-quest-10.com/detail/a00110.html

Got lucky and got it on the first steal. 20000G at the bazaar (sold in about 15-30 minutes). Tried a few more battles and could only pull the commons.

I'm going to get my crafting level up one of these days. I guess right now I'm kind of stuck wanting to be at a higher level, level my sub classes, and make bank all at the same time lol

I see. Hmm... I could go into the crafting thing me thinks yea. 

Thing is im more of a Hunter when it comes to making money.  Preferring to kill enemies for loot drops, use steal, farm instances, or materials.  Is their any concrete way I can do any of these to make solid enough gold to upgrade and enchant my armor as I do so?

I see. Hmm... I could go into the crafting thing me thinks yea. 

Thing is im more of a Hunter when it comes to making money.  Preferring to kill enemies for loot drops, use steal, farm instances, or materials.  Is their any concrete way I can do any of these to make solid enough gold to upgrade and enchant my armor as I do so?

You can, it just takes a *lot* longer. For early crafting levels you can buy the materials from a shop as well as pick up, but for higher stuff it's drops/pickup and bazaar only.

If you just want to slowly level your crafting skills as you manage to pick stuff up that's probably perfect. Since I was cramming to level them quickly I just bought everything and re-invested profits :)

So playing the craft market is the only way to make any serious gold huh. And you can only master one particular craft per character...hmm...

Guess I should point out, since the game is pretty hard to read for a lot of folks:

ウルベア coins are basically gold rewards for quests and things, they're only useful to sell to NPC's (100g for bronze, 500g for silver, 2 or 3k for gold I think).

When you look at the description of an item you've picked up you can see which craft it's used for along the bottom. You'll have to at least learn to recognize the characters of  the craft you've chosen. Then you can decide which to hoard or which to sell on the market or NPC's right away :)

Also be careful to check the NPC buy price of an item before dropping it onto the market (upper right hand corner, top value. bottom value is the npc sell price). A lot of folks will put stuff up on the market for the same or more than what you can buy it straight from an NPC for. So you might price your stuff around that without realizing it'll sell poorly.

let see.. what other mistakes have I made... :P

I do pot/urn enchanting. It's mostly physical traits, and the enchantments vary by thing. Recently I sell boots mostly.

...but I can do helmets, swords, shields, etc. Need to experiment a bit and branch out. Bought enough equipment for a while so I went back to levelling :)

Just an update -- I leveled my Urn to the first cap (10) -- I have been making pretty decent money in the background of my grinding. I would buy a few three star weapons or armor, make them "+3" at the crafting area, place them for sale at the bazaar, and then go grind. Each investment (of level 1-21 equipment) netted anywhere between 1000-6000 G over time. Certain times of the day were stale (I assume this was probably the time where it was early AM in Japan). Peak times things seemed to sell about 30mins to an hour depending on the piece. It definitely is worth a bit of time, I think, Alexandrious. I don't over invest in it. Just enough time to make some extra gold in the background.

Edited by llJMickll

I do pot/urn enchanting. It's mostly physical traits, and the enchantments vary by thing. Recently I sell boots mostly.

...but I can do helmets, swords, shields, etc. Need to experiment a bit and branch out. Bought enough equipment for a while so I went back to levelling :)

So your using one character to create the equipment, then you send it to the other character to do the enchanting?

So your using one character to create the equipment, then you send it to the other character to do the enchanting?

Nope, I buy the source equipment from the market, buy the materials from the market (when it's cheaper than from the NPC), then craft and re-sell. I tend to buy materials in the morning PST, then sell crafted items between 5pm and 8pm PST. Seems that morningish in tokyo time has fewer crafters on, so profits are a bit better for me. In the morning PST is the middle of the night, so I pick up cheaper unsold merch. It'll vary day to day though.

It's much quicker to do it that way... I don't have the patience to start up a second char for it. Eat bit of crafting takes up some time, so buying pre-made lets you get through the items faster for your main craft.

I noticed that sometimes specific materials have a very high demand and it's really hard to buy small amounts of them. Single items pop up, I try to buy them and the bazaar guy just tells me that it's already sold to someone else (within the last seconds). A situation like that is another good opportunity to make gold. Just invest a lot of money to buy 99 pieces and resell them in smaller portions for a higher price ;).

I finally started to get into vase alchemy (lv. 8 so far). My profits aren't that big yet. I just buy low leveled weapons (mostly swords) and put more attack value on it (+2 per enchantment, +4 if it's a great success). Does anyone have recommendations which enchantments of low vase alchemy are most popular?

Easy million? How? Do you just buy cheap equipment, grind it up to 100 and sell the crystals? Sounds like that's pretty time consuming. One crystal sells for 1.5k if I remember this correctly and most of the equipment on the bazaar is pretty expensive. If you buy cheaper gear, you will earn lesser crystals. I just can't see how this pays off...

When I was at low level, I made some material pick-up runs and sold the mats for 5-6k gold per round. Quick and easy run is the cave before reaching Fish race capital (if you start as a Fish race character). A blue crystal can be priced 900-1,400 gold depending on demand and where you put it on sale. Plus, doing gate quest and daily lamp alchemy work.

During grinding to get all passive skills, I will keep buying cheap +2 level21 gears that yield at least 4-5 crystals. You can enjoy more gold if you are lamp or pot alchemist. Just buy 2-star gears for cheap and enchant them to +2 (select ops that you pay least for materials). Weapons and shields are very fast to be crystallized, very good source of gold in deed.

Lottery for boss coin is also a slight chance for making big money. Once a day doing labyrinth dungeon for free lotteries.

Thank you Murd, I will have a look at cheap lv. 21 two-star-weapons and shields without enchantings. Maybe that's the income I was looking for ;).

It's not like I'm actually new to this game. My char is on lv. 70 and all passives are fully grinded up, I just missed the opportunity to learn crafting in time and now I'm sitting here with only 50k on my bank and the need of approx. 900k for the remaining lv. 70 gear (which I intend to keep until I hit 85).

My luck at Glenn's lottery seems to be absent as well, but I'll keep trying.

However, I'm progressing in my craft. I just hit lv. 10 and received quest no. 51. I hope my profits for vase alchemy will soon increase!

(Funny that you mentioned the cave south of Juretto. When I was saving money for my house, I was visiting that cave daily. ;))

Thank you Murd, I will have a look at cheap lv. 21 two-star-weapons and shields without enchantings. Maybe that's the income I was looking for ;).

It's not like I'm actually new to this game. My char is on lv. 70 and all passives are fully grinded up, I just missed the opportunity to learn crafting in time and now I'm sitting here with only 50k on my bank and the need of approx. 900k for the remaining lv. 70 gear (which I intend to keep until I hit 85).

My luck at Glenn's lottery seems to be absent as well, but I'll keep trying.

However, I'm progressing in my craft. I just hit lv. 10 and received quest no. 51. I hope my profits for vase alchemy will soon increase!

(Funny that you mentioned the cave south of Juretto. When I was saving money for my house, I was visiting that cave daily. ;))

For me it's quite difficult to make huge profit from selling enchanted gears. My lamp alchemy level is at 30 but never did that before.

170 hours+ of game play, I have earned around 700k (approximately 60-70% of my gold comes from selling the crystal, the rest from selling materials, one boss coin and rewards from quests). 700k on-hand including my S size house and some essential furniture.

The more you progress into the game, the more earning methods available.

Edited by Murd