“We’re currently evaluating the title for the Western markets, but

While I do believe Macaroni's number was off, I don't believe (if this Reggie thing is true, I haven't seen it) it's as far off as Platty thinks it is. 

~ 7:09

I was joking about the number, I understand that Mr. Regginator hardly has more influence than us commoners in such matters; just that if a miracle were to happen and Square Enix sprinkled some 'permission to localize Dragon Quest' in the West's direction, NOA would not be a second road block of hesitation, they would immediately jump on it (probably).  

Anyway, they were talking about Phantasy Life in the video when that dq comment came up, (a game which I'd probably be interested in).  

Edited by MacaroniMan17
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember tihs quote?   It's been over a year since a Square-Enix representative said this in regards to Dragon Quest VII release in Western markets.   What're you guys waiting for? "Please stay tu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvuEw9XcuU

Maybe our wait is almost over. 2014 could be a good year

Posted Images

No one here asked Reggie about VII, he just said he loves Japanese RPGs, which is a nice thing to hear, but I don't think it guarantees VII coming.

I'll admit we might still have a chance of getting VII. I know I said I give up after E3 and I pretty much do, however, it may still come out but I'm no longer going to get excited and hope it gets announced when a new Direct appears. I'm trying to lower my expectations now so I don't get disappointed.

By the way.. NoJ doesn't have a say (more like doesn't care) whether or not NoA publishes VII or not. That's the point of having a headquarters in the Americas, to publish titles in this region. They have the say whether or not a game gets published here. All of this bashing of the Japanese branch of Nintendo is pretty childish. It's like you guys are pointing fingers at who is at "fault" here.

Edited by Mr. RPG

No one here asked Reggie about VII, he just said he loves Japanese RPGs, which is a nice thing to hear, but I don't think it guarantees VII coming.

I'll admit we might still have a chance of getting VII. I know I said I give up after E3 and I pretty much do, however, it may still come out but I'm no longer going to get excited and hope it gets announced when a new Direct appears. I'm trying to lower my expectations now so I don't get disappointed.

By the way.. NoJ doesn't have a say (more like doesn't care) whether or not NoA publishes VII or not. That's the point of having a headquarters in the Americas, to publish titles in this region. They have the say whether or not a game gets published here. All of this bashing of the Japanese branch of Nintendo is pretty childish. It's like you guys are pointing fingers at who is at "fault" here.

Isn't it SEoJ that does that?

The "Seeds of Salvation" trademark IS for DQVII 3DS for sure. The other one is for smartphone ports. I'm thinking the reason why Reggie told whoever messaged him about DQVII and DQX what he said, because I think Square Enix is going to publish it themselves in North America this time.

Edited by DranzerX13

No, Seeds of Salvation and the other more correspond to DQ1-3.

Protectors of Eden or whatever the sidemark was for DQ7 fits it a HELL of a lot more.

Maybe Shards of Destiny or some $#!&. Not Seeds of Salvation. >_> 

No, think about it. I can't remember the other tradenark, but Seeds fits dq1 and 2 to a t.

Seeds could be referring to III, if you think of it as the "seed" of the Erdrick trilogy. (Being a prequel to DQI.) Just a wild guess.

Not that I am convinced SoS will even be used for a DQ game. I will just say "seed" can be used for a very broad specter well beyond "plants". So many mentions of Random Number Generators and so many of the members here who have some systems coding notions should have thought us that.

Noun: seed seed

1.A small hard fruit

2.A mature fertilized plant ovule consisting of an embryo and its food source and having a protective coat or testa

3.One of the outstanding players in a tournament

- seeded player

4.Anything that provides inspiration for later work

- source, germ

5.The thick white fluid containing spermatozoa that is ejaculated by the male genital tract

- semen, seminal fluid, ejaculate, come

Perhaps the directors of Nintendo will actually decide something good at one of those c*rcle-j*rks you mentioned earlier, so definition #5 is taken literally and we get our DQ series restored.

But if we go with #4, DQ III is a good fit, since Ortega's son's job as a hero and a holder of the title of Roto would inspire not only his descendants, but also other people.

Considering how many castles Erdrick/Loto made his rounds to I wouldn't be surprised if it was #5. :P

Dude got around in a day when all those NPCs never seemed to go anywhere.

It could also mean DQ I. If III could be a girl, she had no #5. But the descendant, hero of DQ I had. And he was not afraid of using/ spreading it. He did not exactly save himself for Princess Laura. ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm glad someone had a picture of the girl who follows you around in DQ1. Having said that, I had NO IDEA that line of dialogue popped up if you stayed at the Inn with her in tow. That's hilarious. Thank you for sharing that Erdrick.

I actually loaded up the game to take the screenshot when I saw this thread.

I do have a LOT of screenshots for DW1 GBC and DQ8 iOS though.

As much as people like to think that Erdrick/Loto got around, I thought the descendants were cousins.  That would mean that the kings in Moonbrooke, Midenhall and Cannock are brothers, in which case Erdrick/Loto quite possibly remained loyal to the princess in the first game.  I'm not saying he didn't get around, but perhaps he was smart enough not to father bastard children.

EDIT: Bah, got my stories mixed up.  The hero in the first game isn't Erdrick/Loto, but a descendant of him.  The descendants in the second game are those of the hero in the first game, which in turn make them Erdrick/Loto's descendants.

Edited by Cain

They ARE cousins though.

DQ1 Hero is a descendant of Loto.  The kings in DQ2 are decendants from DQ1 Hero.  I read somewhere that after the events of DQ1, the Hero and the Princess rode off into the sunset and discovered new lands, soon after ships were invented I suppose.

EDIT:  From the DW2 manual:

Though the time of his deeds has long faded, still the name of Erdrick commands respect
among even the greatest of warriors.  Stories of his lineage are legendary throughout the land
and have been retold through the ages in the most remote villages and townships.  Long ago a
young man, who was a descendant of Erdrick, saved the Kingdom of Alefgard by defeating the
dreaded Dragonlord.  The young man came to this land accompanied by Princess Gwaelin.  Together
they built Torland.

This legend has been handed down generation to generation from the ancient time.
Princess Gwaelin brought forth three children.  To the eldest prince was given the land of
Midenhall.  To the youngest prince the land of Cannock became his birthright.  The youngest
princess was given the land of Moonbrooke.  The descendants of Erdrick were fair and just
rulers, as were their children, and the people of these kingdoms lived in peace for 100 years.
One day, however, this peace suddenly came to an end.  Hargon the Sorceror attacked Moonbrooke
Castle and attempted to rule the world by calling the ill-omened gods from the dark.  Although
terrible losses were suffered, one soldier escaped the sacking of Moonbrooke Castle.  Though 
seriously wounded, he made his way to Midenhall Castle to warn the King.  The King was old and 
could not go forth to do battle against Hargon, so he turned to his heir to accept this task.  
Yes, you are the heir to the King and a true descendant of Erdrick the Great.  Before you lies 
a world of mystery and imagination.  You will encounter enemies and riddles which will test your 
strength and knowledge.  Your journey has begun...
Edited by Cain
  • Upvote 1

From what I remember, it's the continent surrounding Alefgard. Alefgard is more of an island, isn't it?

It is the whole world of DQ II, where DQ 1 map resides inside of the DQ 2 map (albeit hacked down).

Alefgard is in the box

dw2-over.jpg

Edited by Woodus

I think the dark world in III is more or less like other dark worlds in the series, a mix of being a literal "UNDERworld" and other-dimensional.

The dark worlds in IV, V and VI are like this, and they are smaller than the world outside/above.

The orb of light and the defeat of the Almighty Demon Lord  made this a world of its own, disconnected to the former world above. Now it could grow (and become "circular").

It could also have been a land "sealed in darkness", with no contact with the rest of the world. Who knows?

I am way to into dragon quest

I did a [stupid] timeline before and I just made some fan-fiction ideas that the boats were used in Alefgard, but when Dragonlord came to power in Alefgard he destroyed the ships and harbors, stole erdrick's equipment, and destroyed the dying Hauksness since it turned out to be a mine for orichalcium that could make a ton of weapons almost as powerful as Erdrick's. People never really realized that they had tons of area to settle.

Oh and i thought up that Erdrick's Sword in DQ2 was rusted so bad it was much weaker, and the dragon lord's grandson was lord draco from DQM2.

Yeah, I am pitiful.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee