“We’re currently evaluating the title for the Western markets, but

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember tihs quote?   It's been over a year since a Square-Enix representative said this in regards to Dragon Quest VII release in Western markets.   What're you guys waiting for? "Please stay tu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvuEw9XcuU

Maybe our wait is almost over. 2014 could be a good year

Posted Images

Remember tihs quote?

It's been over a year since a Square-Enix representative said this in regards to Dragon Quest VII release in Western markets.

What're you guys waiting for? "Please stay tuned"? Huh?

I've seen that message applied to many things that were never going happen. Heck, I've told kids in my class this a bunch instead of just saying, "No." outright.

• Upvote 4

I'd have to say in regards to DQVII 3DS.

It's good to have a cautious optimism on the title. They're bringing over Bravely Default, and DQ7 is a good candidate for the western markets.

• Upvote 3

My sentiments exactly. There's no reason to be impatient and uncertain about a relatively recent game. It's not like it's and older title like Terry's Wonderland. You'd think by now DQ fans would be used to having to wait a year or two for a game.

• Upvote 3

I'm not saying that we'll get it or not, but it hasn't been long enough to totally lose hope yet.

• Upvote 2

as someone that waited for the ability to play Dragon Quest 5 and 6 in english ever since reading about them in Nintendo Power way back in the SNES days, i know that patience is key for this series. just wait, it's really all anyone CAN do about it. 

• Upvote 4

They should at least release a PS1 classic version for those who can't find it. Luckily I have a copy. No it's not for sale. I still go back to that game.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Nintendo wouldn't let a potential leak derail their original announcement plans. I remember when it was way back in June that news broke that a Persona 5 web domain name was registered and yet it was only last month or so that we got official news of the actual game.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 2

I almost thought that today's nintendo direct might give a hint of this 3DS remake since the trademark got leaked, but now since it's not announced yet i'm getting impatient.

Those trademarks were for the smartphone remakes, not DQ7.

We probably won't hear anything about DQ7 until after Bravely Default comes out.

Edited by Excitemike
  • Upvote 2

I almost thought that today's nintendo direct might give a hint of this 3DS remake since the trademark got leaked, but now since it's not announced yet i'm getting impatient.

We probably won't hear anything about DQ7 until after Bravely Default comes out.

B-But Bravely Default is already here...

• Upvote 1

B-But Bravely Default is already here...

In the US I mean, sorry :P

• Upvote 1
It feels like there's a frequency issue with this series. Like Metroid, the series gets release after release then halts with DWVII, then starts back up with the DQVIII retcon... Then goes back into hiding after DQMJ2. My guess is they were testing it out in the West for over 10 years in the late '80s and again in the early '00s, but I'm usually wrong, so... X3

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopes are fading for me for a Western localization by SE or Nintendo. I guess worst case is somebody forms Operation Rainbow type for DQ, and maybe get a kickstarter campaign going to release a select few games

• Upvote 1

A kickstarter for a DQ game would sadly be killed within hours, because Joystiq, Kotaku, or any gaming news site will latch onto it.

• Upvote 1

Nintendo has destroyed many a Kickstarter entrepreneur's dreams by issuing cease and desist notices to people that use their characters. I remember one ill-fated Metroid fan film that was taken down in like a day.

• Upvote 1

The thing is, most of these people don't even contact Nintendo. They just put it up.

Nintendo would 75% shoot it down, but I am reasonably sure that if someone came up to them and said, "Hey, I have an idea for one of your Metroid titles, here's a proof of concept, technical demo, etc." they would do the same thing as they did Ittle Dew.

"Here's some money, change a few things and finish it. It -cannot- be Metroid, but you can homage it."

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Eh I might take a looksee at it just in case SE decides to skip it. Though the current crop of 3ds emus might not work well enough to play it and there's no reliable way to play a translated version on a real console that I know of.

PS to people who contacted me:

Oh hey whatup! Sorry I fell off the side of the earth for a while. (Crappy autoimmune diseases are crappy and when joints hurt I don't do much anyway) I totally forgot what I was working on... oh yeah DQ1 party chat, Dwaine gimme an update cause I totally forgot where we were. :)

• Upvote 1

Ooh, yea! I've been meaning to write you when the work craziness settled down and see how you were doing. I actually picked a certain project back up and only have about a 1,000 lines left of the first block. Really loving working on this. It's gonna be good and your organizational method has been a real timesaver!