Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

Two new Trademarks: "Luminaries of the Legendary Line" and...

So Silicon Era noticed that Square Enix has trademarked two names that use that wonderful Alliterative naming that they love to use for DQ in the US.

Luminaries of the Legendary Line and The Seeds of Salvation

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/20/dragon-quest-fans-heres-glimmer-hope-localized-games/

So... speculation?  Luminaries is what the DQ US team uses to describe the Superstar classes, so it could be referring to the singing and dancing tribe in DQ7.  A "Line" can also describe a train route, which could be a DQX reference.

Edited by KiTA
  • Upvote 4

Just saw it on Siliconera as well. Nearly had a heart attack.

Line can also mean a family line or heritage. Perhaps legendary line is referring to the humans that have disappeared or whatever is the case with DQX.

Line can also mean a family line or heritage. Perhaps legendary line is referring to the humans that have disappeared or whatever is the case with DQX.

That's a good point too, supposedly in DQX Humanity is the lost race or something?

It sucks that we have to grasp at straws here but what else can we do :T 

Ok so we have these subtitles to go by:

Warriors of Eden

Rise of the Five Tribes Online

The Slumbering Hero and Sworn Guiding Ally

I dunno, would they want to highlight the 5 race system in DQX? I'm not getting that from either subtitle. Seeds of Salvation makes me think of DQX and how your soul gets transplanted to another being. It also gives the imagery of large amount of people trying to save the world... But also seeds, apples, edens? I'm not very familiar with DQVII's plot, Besides time the time travel aspect. Which could lend its self well to a legendary line...? Maybe I just don't know enough of either game, but let this be true!

I saw this a little bit ago and suddenly my DQ fanboy levels shout threw the roof.

If I had to guess, Luminaries of the Legendary Line may be for VII and The Seeds of Salvation for X. Here's hoping we'll hear more about these soon!

Ok, I've been one of the most cynical cynics on here, and this even gets me excited.  I really need to start clearing my game queue now!  I know that sounds premature, but I've got a lot and little time to play.

• Upvote 1

That's a good point too, supposedly in DQX Humanity is the lost race or something?

The Loto trilogy is also about a line of descendants. 

I knew it! I knew they'd announce a localization not long after I buy the JP version of DQX :D.

My bets are that those titles refer to DQVII and DQX.

...or Monster Parade! :P

It's for DQ7 and the PC port of DQX.

Hmmm... smells like hope?

Someone pointed something out.

Dragon Quest 2:  Luminaries of the Legendary Line

Dragon Quest 3:  The Seeds of Salvation

The subtitles fit.  These trademarks are for the iOS versions of DQ1/2/3.

I swear to god, if Square Enix pulls this stunt, I'm gonna smack someone.

It's for DQ7 and the PC port of DQX.

We'll get those later (I hope!)

The iOS/Android ports are just around the corner.

Neither subtitle seems to have much to do with DQ7's plot, though KiTA's explanation for LotLL makes sense. At the same time, "Seeds of Salvation" sounds much more religous than "Luminaries of the Legendary Line" and DQ7 really revolves around religion in a way.

Also, delayed reaction:
OMFG I AM SO F***ING EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!

EDIT: KiTA's reply about the iOS versions of 1-3 showed up after I posted this, and that makes more sense. I thought about DQ3, but didn't know enough about DQ2 to really make that argument.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Someone pointed something out.

Dragon Quest 2:  Luminaries of the Legendary Line

Dragon Quest 3:  The Seeds of Salvation

The subtitles fit.  These trademarks are for the iOS versions of DQ1/2/3.

I swear to god, if Square Enix pulls this stunt, I'm gonna smack someone.

Releasing DQ games in the West is a stunt?

Like Evel Knieval going over the grand canyon, baby!

Wow like 3 people just watching this thread at the same time.

Well, I'm trying to post to. ^

n0041036_l.jpg?w=336&h=434

My face right now.

Remember months before the whole DQ6 fiasco when SE trademarked "with a new "realmsofrevelation.net" and we all thought "must be DQ6". Sure enough, like 5-6 months later, SE and Nintendo announced DQ6 with its new subtitle.

I remember having to get used to the name change, since we were originally told Realms of Reverie. Ah, the good old days...fighting on the gamefaqs board and stuff. It actually was a memorable time for us.

Hard to believe it was released almost 3 years ago.

• Upvote 1

IMO "Realms of Reverie" would have been better.

Keep in mind that this isn't the first time Spencer has jumped at a trademark and claimed it's for DQ! Also keep in mind that lots of times companies will register names just to hold onto 'em.

That said, Honeywood said when they were working on DQ VIII they created titles for all the games, with the first one being "Return of the Dragon Warrior." It's possible that these were the ones for II and III.

Keep in mind that this isn't the first time Spencer has jumped at a trademark and claimed it's for DQ! Also keep in mind that lots of times companies will register names just to hold onto 'em.

That said, Honeywood said when they were working on DQ VIII they created titles for all the games, with the first one being "Return of the Dragon Warrior." It's possible that these were the ones for II and II

I must ask- are you implying that these titles have been trademarked for awhile? To look at the article, the writer would seem to imply these are brand spanking new, much like the whole realms of revelation fiasco back in 2011. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just slightly confused here. (Years of killing brain cells did not help me with this :laugh:  ).

Edited by redneckpride4ever

That said, Honeywood said when they were working on DQ VIII they created titles for all the games, with the first one being "Return of the Dragon Warrior." It's possible that these were the ones for II and III.

Ah, you just saved from re-listening to that one. I knew he mentioned one of the names but I forgot which one.

What the heck, I might listen again anyway.

Edited by Excitemike