Sign in to follow this  
Pendy

Fortune Street Online

I played Fortune Street with my wife recently. She plays it more than I do and she showed me how the computer will often sell you their property pretty cheaply. We both take advantage of that to screw the computer over, get the game going faster, and make it easier for us to dominate a block. I went to gamefaqs and I saw people all over the board $#!&@ing about people who use this tactic when they play people online. I'm thinking to myself so what? Why is that so bad? F the computer right?

Edited by Pendy
  • Upvote 7

Exactly. I played online for a while when I got it, but it grew old pretty quick because people would get upset over that. I mean, I wasn't getting online to sit and play for 4 hours with someone and I wasn't playing to lose. What did they expect?

• Upvote 6

Although I see your logic, there's a difference between playing against people online and real life.  Fortune Street in real life is similar to Dokapon Kingdom in how you deal with the other real players/computers.

The longest online game I ever had was about 90 minutes in all trades abbey, so 4 hours is an exaggeration.

I'm pretty sure the players who leave/get mad(little angry face emoticon) expect a fair match(including massive amount of luck depending on the board).  

Things that result in 1 sided games: Vacant plot 3 star stop renovate trick, buying shops from computers/out to lunch players/players who are even there, trading shops with computers, etc.

Just wanted to put that out there since I haven't seen this perspective in this thread yet.

• Upvote 5

Hey Algrado and Pendy and Platy, I thought I'd chime in as my first post. For me I want other human players to play fair also but I understand that all human players want to win. I don't mind someone buying a shop from the computer to get 3 or 4 or w/e in a district if they already tried to buy or trade with a human player and were told to f themselves, then what choice do they have, right? Because I've seen time and again that it takes a lot of luck to get the rolls to buy all of the shops in a district, 99% of the time at least 1 other player gets 1 or 2 of them so you must buy/trade to get 3 or 4 or a domination, I mean so many players seem to forget that this game is based on Monopoly a lot. I had a blowup at someone on Skype when I reminded him of this fact and he said that this game was based on life, purely because it has stocks. So I angrily yelled "No, it's based on Monopoly! The only difference is stocks and Venture Cards instead of Chance and Community Chest!"

We were discussing my issues with the way most online players play this game and how I've just had it up to here with it, that I only want to play against people who will play fairly and make deals with me that benefit both of us, instead of just always saying No just because it would either give me a little bit of an advantage, even if or especially if they get someone they want too out of it, or just even to have a fair chance of winning the game. It's because we have to fight so hard in single player to beat 3 AI's who probably frankly have cheating dice and then most players are unwilling to change how they play against people online. For me the only thing online I truly don't want to happen is get a bankruptcy on my 1st file. Other than that I don't mind losing as long as the game was fair for the human players and we played our best and no one was too much of a dick unnecessarily.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Platy! Friend me to see my Fortune Street Friend Codes, maybe we can have a game!

• Upvote 1

Oh geeze, since the baby's been born and my man cave turned into his room, I don't even have the Wii set up anymore.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Platy! Friend me to see my Fortune Street Friend Codes, maybe we can have a game!

You should probably try to create a new topic and see who's interested to play with you over the break/weekend, etc.  Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Ok guys, Thanks.

• Upvote 1