Major Battles in Games that Made You Rage?

I want to know - which major (or "boss") battles have been a pain in the butt for you, and why?

Here are mine:

• The Chaotic Trio (when aboard the Goldoba)(Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean) - I got my copy of EWatLO when it came out, and got to this Chaotic Trio battle somewhat quickly. My entire party is above level 30, and yet I still have never beat these stinkers. I guess I need to go back to my old save file and beat up soldiers until I'm at level 40, but that will take forever!!!
  • Tuba (while on the bridge) (Eternal Sonata) - Lost to this heavy-hitter (over 1,900 damage per special attack hit? OMG!) 5 times before finally beating him using Viola (thank goodness for Heal Arrow), Beat, and Allegretto.

If I think of more, I'll let you know, but for now, tell me your experiences!

• Upvote 1

Dhoulmagus was a pain. I could not defeat him. He kept scoring critical hits on me.

Tabuu from SSBB was another pain in my butt. I could never dodge his 1HKO move(I could dodge the first two waves, but the third one got me).

• Upvote 1

I'm not much a game rager but Four Kings in Dark Souls damn near got me there.

Not even a challenge, that's just a poorly designed boss. It's based around the idea that you can't not take damage and really just need to try and kill them faster than they kill you. You have to outdamage each one of them because when another king appears isn't based on health, it's based on time. And as the fight goes on even though it's called the FOUR kings, more than four can spawn. It is just not a fun time.

Edited by Spikan
  • Upvote 1

Super Mario 3D Land - the final castle almost drove me to madness when it took me less than a day to get through the rest of the game.

Fire Emblem: Awakening - the final boss. Such a dramatic moment ruined by own inability to form a good strategy and balance my weaker units' levels. 

Corvus's final form from IX (didn't understand you should defend after he meditates plus little underleveled), Mana King from Children of Mana (he did massive damage after I hit him 10 times or so and killed me, thought it was an event when I first saw it), and Pluto from Astro Boy: Omega Factor (on higher difficulties).

I don't know neccesarily about bosses, but I spent a great deal of time here

I no longer have problems with this level , but it was a huge pain for a while.

Difficult parts in megaman games tend to bring out obscenities more than anything else for me, that and back in the day...getting a game over on the nes Ninja Gaiden games and having to start at the very beginning of the whole game again.

Edited by cybersavior

Metroid Prime (Metroid Prime) - Its first incarnation was so challenging, that I didn't expect a second one. I never beat the game, as I didn't stand a chance against that form. That was many years ago, maybe I should give it another try.

Onox (TLoZ - Oracle of Seasons) - Jumping on his moving hand, attacking while in the air and avoiding all those area-wide attacks was pretty hard and made me curse a lot ;).

Legion (Shadow Man) - The only possible strategy was a mixture of constant running and shooting. Really annoying.

Titan (Risen) - Suddenly the game turned into a Jump 'n Run. That didn't work very well with Risen's game mechanics.

Krauser (Resident Evil 4) - I HATE QTEs.

I don't know neccesarily about bosses, but I spent a great deal of time here

I no longer have problems with this level , but it was a huge pain for a while.

Difficult parts in megaman games tend to bring out obscenities more than anything else for me, that and back in the day...getting a game over on the nes Ninja Gaiden games and having to start at the very beginning of the whole game again.

Jump! Jump! Slide! Slide! Been awhile since I've played it, but I had a feeling it was that Wily level.

While there have been some really annoying major fights that annoyed me, I don't remember how much I might have raged.

• 5 months later...

All the Wily Stages in Mega Man 8 made me rage as a child.

Also, D.W.VII: Orgodemir made me rage so hard, last night. oR

;):up: Oh man THIS SO FREAKING MUCH!!! Orgodemir kept handing my butt to me numerous times the first time I played through the game, Much like Baramos and Mudo did in Dragon Quest III and VI Respectively did when I first played through those games. Other bosses that gave me a BUTT LOAD of trouble when I was a wee lad was Golbez and the Evil Wall in Final Fantasy IV and the Giga Gaia in Chrono Trigger, those bosses taught me that Level Grinding is VERY important in games. A boss that is a total pain in the butt to me today as an adult is Dragon Age Origins' Harvester Fight in the Golems of Amgarak Downloadable Content, at least on Hard difficulty and greater.

Mostly because you don't have any decent mages like Wynn or Anders and you're stuck with a Golem that is PISS POOR Imitation of the awesomeness that is Shale and two Dwarven Rogues. I've never beat the Harvester on any difficulty setting higher than Casual. While we're on the subject of western RPGs I played in the last couple of years, Kai Lang from Mass Effect 3 comes in second, fighting him on Insanity can be a huge pain but unlike the Harvester he was beatable to me :P

As for Platformers, I HATED the first Dr. Wily stage in Mega Man 8 and Windy Well and Rocket Rush in Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 respectively made me rage pretty hard too.

My apologies for necroposting but I saw this thread and HAD to contribute my past and present RPG Gaming experiences with Rage Inducing bosses.

Edited by Slime Master