Other sites you go on/use to go on

I've always wondered what other sites people go on(or went on once upon a time). And I'm not talking about social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, etc, but just sites in general. I myself use to use GameFAQ for a while(stopped for obvious reasons), a site known as Cheatsguru(a terrible site in terms of people and activity now), Serebii,net(never can remember my password...), the Smashboards(any player of the Super Smash Bros series is probably familiar with it), and DQHQ(before the site lost all activity). What you guys? Any sites you went to once upon a time or still go to?

Here is a list of places I currently visit

CNN

Cutstuff.net (Megaman 8 bit deathmatch community) This game has me hooked :)

sciencedaily.com (awesome science site)

IGN

Gamespot

Gamefaqs

jediknight3.filefront.com (Jedi Knight/Academy modding community)

romhacking.net

rpgmaker.net (rpg maker community)

rpgrevolution.com (rpg maker community)

charas-project.net (rpg maker resource site)

freedomreborn.net (Freedom Force community)

nwvault.ign.com (Neverwinter Nights community)

zdoom.org (doom site for ACS info)

tigsource.com (indie game site)

wwe.com

ww2k14.com (WWE 2k14 community) stopped going after the game came out

Edited by cybersavior

Sites I used to frequent and remember:

Gamepro.com

PGNx.net

ign.com

slimeknights.com

Sites that I frequent that aren't this one or a social media website:

d20pfsrd.com

giantitp.com

Edited by GrandAlchemist

ign.com

comicbookresources.com

newsarama.com

spiderfan.org

marvel.wikia.com

snpp.com

EDIT: forgot backloggery.com

formerly:

simpsoncrazy.com - went inactive

simpsonschannel.com - shut down

Edited by eal

Youtube

GameFAQs

Earthbound Central

Eventhubs

Siliconera

Destructoid

Equestria Daily

Social media wise, the only site I use is Facebook, and that is plenty for me.

I still go to:

Inthe00s - One of the earliest forums I've joined.

I used to go to:

Gamefaqs - Well, I still peak my head in on rare occasions, same with /vp/(although I'm not too active on the latter due to having the game now).

Livenirvana - Just haven't had any real reasons to go there, no problems otherwise.

Flyingomelette - Has a similar feel to Inthe00s, I occasionally drop by their game music section when I'm in the mood. It's also where I got the image for my current avatar from.

Gaiaonline - Tried this site, it's cute, but the novelty wore off shortly afterward.

newsarama.com

That site got too douchy and hateful for my taste. Although, it did show me how snotty the editors of SLG and Oni were! I'd say I'd never give them my business again, but it's not like they've had anything in recent years to give my business to. The only site with a bigger bunch of $#!&$#!s was Comics Alliance.

Equestria Daily

ron2pmuwu.gif

;) I poot around on Youtube, sometimes View Facebook, Deviant Art and I like to read articles on Cracked for a quick laugh :laugh:

I wondered if someone would say something when I said Equestria Daily...I just didn't think it would be 2 posts after my 1st one. Lol

Nice use of the Ron Swanson GIF there, Dwaine. Is that from the episode where he meets (and slowly begins to hate) Eagleton Ron?

newsarama.com

That site got too douchy and hateful for my taste. Although, it did show me how snotty the editors of SLG and Oni were! I'd say I'd never give them my business again, but it's not like they've had anything in recent years to give my business to. The only site with a bigger bunch of $#!&$#!s was Comics Alliance.

Equestria Daily

ron2pmuwu.gif

I need to use that gif the next time someone online tells me I should try to watch sports. Seriously, I've been dealing with sports types(including one department manager at one point who kept pestering me) at work for way longer than anyone has dealt Bronies.

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I also go to a MLP image board(not /mlp/ on 4chan, too elistist for me), but I don't really consider it a forum for me.

newsarama.com

I hardly ever go there anymore anyways. I occasionally go on to see some of their top ten lists but other than that I mainly stick with Comic Book Resources. But I think the biggest douche award goes to Bleeding Cool and it's founder Rich Johnston.
Nice use of the Ron Swanson GIF there, Dwaine. Is that from the episode where he meets (and slowly begins to hate) Eagleton Ron?

I believe so, yes.

I need to use that gif the next time someone online tells me I should try to watch sports.

Send them this as well.

I hardly ever go there anymore anyways. I occasionally go on to see some of their top ten lists but other than that I mainly stick with Comic Book Resources. But I think the biggest douche award goes to Bleeding Cool and it's founder Rich Johnston.

Some people say CBR is part of the PR machine, but it offers what I'm looking for. Bleeding Cool is essentially the tabloid of the sites, right? What's the story there? I couldn't take CA because both the writers and users were such hateful $#!&$#!s. That and Hudson turned the gender debate into a joke when she compared reading Red Hood and the Outlaws to being sexually harassed on the street. You know what I did when i saw Red Hood and the Outlaws? Said, "Heh, well that's dumb." and went about my day!

• Upvote 1

Aside from here, Wikipedia, Hulu, and the occasional Youtube/video type sites.... I mainly visit special interest sites. Generally programming, school, Linux, DIY, science, math, and Horticulture related sites.

Really, the only non-main stream one people from here might actually go to/enjoy is DoD. And I found out about DoD here, so... :P Ryan8bit occasionally does a DQ remix, so those are always fun.

I also regularly visit, "A site which may be unsuitable for children, adults, and liberal-arts majors."

Youtube, Netflix, "Crash Bandicoot: Crystal's Wrath DevLog" (Developer's "blog" for a CB fangame) which is technically a twitter page but it's not used for mainstream social media.

I actually don't spend much time at all on social networking sites. The only one I'm signed up for is Facebook, and I never log on because I couldn't care less about all the crap that shows up on my feed/wall/whatever. 90% of it is invites to games, the rest is a mix of people bragging about sports accomplishments or complaining about how their relationships are failing because they can't realize they're being A**holes to their partners.

The Den is where I spend most of my internet time. (I spend more time at once on YouTube, but I check the Den much more often.)

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not online much to really go to sites. (too busy gaming lol) but sites i've been on/still go to on occasion are:

this site ^^

GaiaOnline (rarely, mainly only during the halloween events)

Youtube (mostly when i'm stuck on a game and use a walkthrough)

Gamefaqs (usually daily, hardly ever post though)

Twitter (joined, then kinda quit from it being a bore after a day)

Tumbler (same as above)

Failbook....er i mean Facebook (i quit after they ruined it with crapline....i mean timeline)

IMVU (mainly go on when i'm bored and to cosplay)

those are about it. 

Ancient Land of Ys.

Youtube, but I rarely comment

watchcartoononline.com

pokefarm.com (not .org)

several years ago I was on IMVU, but not recently.

Ikariam and BiteFight

And several years ago, I was on NeoPets. I used to like the OLDPD boards, but the site itself stopped being fun.

• 1 month later...

;) Dun mean to commit forum necromancy or anything but I felt the need to contribute a little something to this thread :blush2:

My list of sites are as follows:

Youtube.com: but I RARELY if EVER comment

Watchcartoononline.com: A GREAT site for watching anime in both languages or even domestic cartoons, both old and new.

DeviantArt: Though I don't post much of anything there these days.

Facebook: Only using this cause like no one uses MSN or AIM or Skype these days it seems.

I've recently returned to myanimelist.net. I got an account on there a while back but I stopped watching anime for a while. Now that I'm watching more, I've revived my account.

deviantART. Sometimes Facebook. Gmail only when I am expecting to receive something.

I also like TVTropes. And I visit the Wikia pages for Final Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei related games, for character profiles and illustration references.

Blogspot and my own blogs are kind of semi-abandoned at the moment, until I get more pictures to share (I still check for non-existing comments every once in a while).