You quoted that twice, so I am -so- right. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/statuses/394960805461897216   So, this tweet popped up.   Could it possibly be good news or a hint as what's to come? What do you all think?

Wait this happend yesterday? I just foundout about this on facebook. But still, prayers for this to happen.

Just an FYI for everyone, I only posted this because I thought it might raise spirits and cause people to retweet Reggie/NOA to let them know that there is interest in the series here in the West. Aft

DQ7 probably. Since it's a main entry on the 3ds, it will sell better as opposed to a spinoff or DQX on the Wii U.

I saw something about Mother 3. If I remember correctly, it had to do with copyrights. They didn't mind when it was fully translated for us to get. That project could have easily been swatted down by Nintendo if they wanted.

DQ7 probably. Since it's a main entry on the 3ds, it will sell better as opposed to a spinoff or DQX on the Wii U.

I saw something about Mother 3. If I remember correctly, it had to do with copyrights. They didn't mind when it was fully translated for us to get. That project could have easily been swatted down by Nintendo if they wanted.

Copyrights was what was claimed to be holding Mother 2 back from releases here, but that was later confirmed to be not true (or at least something Bill Trinen never heard about).

Mother 3 probably didn't make it just because it came out 2 years into the DS's lifetime.  As simple as that.

I am probably in the minority but I really hope its not DQ VII 3DS if they are only going to bring over one title. An unreleased US title > any remake.

You play DQ. You're definitely in the minority.

I'm a little torn on your assessment. I too would love a previously unreleased title here. But I don't know what unreleased game I'd play nearly a third as long as I'd play DQVII. Maybe a monsters game, but the lack of new areas and quests gets to me after 40-50 hours. Then again, with my young son now, I don't really even have 40-50 hours to play. Totally conflicted each way! I guess I'll just expect nothing and take what we get.

I just want to point out, as someone who's always been in the EB scene, that Mother 3's primary reason for not being localized is the same as why Mother 1 wasn't released - too late in the console life. The copyright thing with EarthBound was speculative and likely meant as damage control against the rabid fanbase to not harass Nintendo representatives. I don't know if there's a secret reason for it's eventual release on VC but the official reason was an outcry on the Japanese Miiverse page by non-Japanese people.

If there's going to be an organized effort for more DQ, I would say that people need to not be negative. It's not a time for pessimism or realism. It's time for bluster and big talk because you've got to convince someone that they are missing out by keeping these Japanese only. If you approach it timidly and say "if you only give it a chance..." then that's not very confident and thus Square-Enix will like dismiss it rather than "take a risk". Sure, focus on a specific title as the main objective, but don't dismiss the other titles for any reason.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I just want to point out, as someone who's always been in the EB scene, that Mother 3's primary reason for not being localized is the same as why Mother 1 wasn't released - too late in the console life. The copyright thing with EarthBound was speculative and likely meant as damage control against the rabid fanbase to not harass Nintendo representatives. I don't know if there's a secret reason for it's eventual release on VC but the official reason was an outcry on the Japanese Miiverse page by non-Japanese people.

If there's going to be an organized effort for more DQ, I would say that people need to not be negative. It's not a time for pessimism or realism. It's time for bluster and big talk because you've got to convince someone that they are missing out by keeping these Japanese only. If you approach it timidly and say "if you only give it a chance..." then that's not very confident and thus Square-Enix will like dismiss it rather than "take a risk". Sure, focus on a specific title as the main objective, but don't dismiss the other titles for any reason.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Wasn't it also the same for DQM3 (that, and DQM3 would have sell FAR less than Mother 3). 

BTW, any signs for Europa ? We really need DQVII.

As much as I'd prefer a new game over a remake, I'd prefer a game I could actually afford to play. Meaning no subscription fee. (Slime morimori 3, despite it looking awesome, probably wouldn't sell as well here. The "elitist" snobby gamers of America, even many Nintendo fans, would probably see it as nothing more than some little kids' game.)

I'd prefer a game I could actually afford to play. Meaning no subscription fee.

Not wanting to single you out ... but I have never understood this thought. MMO subscription fees have never been over $20 a month (if any of them have even reached that point). I dont see how someone could not afford $20 a month for something as enjoyable as an MMO. For example, a McD meal is almost $10 ... cut out 2 fattening disgusting McD meals a month and you have your fees!

I'd prefer a game I could actually afford to play. Meaning no subscription fee.

I dont see how someone could not afford $20 a month for something as enjoyable as an MMO.

I wouldn't be able to afford it. Certain months I have very little work or no work at all. That $20 dollars that could go to the MMO each month could go to get me other games or in the extreme case food(Not fast food like what you get at Burger King or mcdonalds).

Ahem... I'm still only 17. My parents won't let me get a job, and won't give me an allowance. My father and stepmother are anti-DQ, thinking it's too "nerdy" and that I should spend more time with friends from school. So, I have no way of paying for it.

That whole "can't get a job" thing is so silly. Work gives you life experience, no matter what kind. Every teenage, especially one so close to leaving high school should be allowed to work and make money so they can afford to hang out with friends.

I, too, am in the can't afford boat. First of all, I'd have to get a job(which I am not allowed), a vehicle and all that goes with it to get me to my job(I don't live in town and my parents refuse to drive me in to town for a job), the game itself, a Wii U, and then I'd still have to save up to pay for college as well with what ever money I still have. I don't foresee myself getting an MMO anytime soon.

That whole "can't get a job" thing is so silly. Work gives you life experience, no matter what kind. Every teenage, especially one so close to leaving high school should be allowed to work and make money so they can afford to hang out with friends.

I'm not the one who decided not to get a job. It's my parents.

Sorry, democrobot. I know how you feel. (All of what you said applies in my situation, except I live in town.)

A bit late, but...

Some folk don't allow their kids to get jobs, thinking it would severely impact school, etc.

I got lucky in my Ragnarok Online days, my mema paid my subscription fees. (( And then for FFXI. )) But now? I don't play many games, especially subscription MMOs.

$30+ for a client (( World of Warcrap and FFXIV for one )), PLUS a fee? No thanks. I'll spend the money on Pokemans.

I get really annoyed when people don't want to pay for MMOs, the reason people think is they don't have a job. I have a job and could easily afford it, but don't want to pay over $100 a year to play a game I'm not that interested in. I played some free MMOs and got bored with them in a few weeks, maybe even shorter than that. I look at it as DQ9 cost me $30-$35 to play for a long amount of time. DQ10 would cost over $200 in that same time period (played DQ9 off and on for over 2 years). I like to play lots of games, paying all that money would mean I have to devote most of my game playing to that one game. I like DQ as much as all of you, but I do like other games as well.

Plus, any games that require playing with other people (especially an RPG which can take hundreds of hrs.) are difficult because of that job I have. Most of my friends get home later than I do (I'm lucky in that I can leave as early as 4:00) and by the time they get home, change, and eat, it's like 9:00. And weekends are bad too as everyone is always doing something. Would be nearly impossible to play a game with 2-3 friends like DQ10. I was playing RE6 with one friend who has a similar schedule to me, but he was always busy for some reason so after like a week, I gave up and finished it by myself. Multiplayer RPGs seem to me like a very difficult proposition, not to mention none of my friends would actually play DQ10 with me.

I was really looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online until they said they were charging $15 a month to play. Sorry, but I don't plan on paying $60 for a game plus another $180 a year to play one game. I'd much rather spend that money on 4 equally priced games.

I get really annoyed when people don't want to pay for MMOs, the reason people think is they don't have a job. 

I more confused as to why people expect an MMO to be free. You're free to spend (or not spend) your money however you wish, but so is everyone else. Value is perceived differently by different people.

There are free-to-play MMOs that make money.

Obviously I prefer DQ to remain a single player game. Sure, DQ9 was fun when I could play it with other people (and I played it a lot more than any other DQ game), but I still prefer the other DQ games.

Eh sorry, I gotta disagree. Reason I want DQX so much is because its online, its because it requires a sub fee, and due to that sub fee, we will get constant content updates, real content updates, not like DQIX, therefore the adventure never really ends, and Ill be able to keep progressing and make my character stronger and stronger, to tackle new challenges, and the best part?  Can do 99 percent of DQX without having to talk, socialize, group together, with anyone, just by hiring A.I controlled PC characters. 

If the sub fee for us becomes something small like five dollars?  Thats fine, anyone who plays video games can afford five dollars a month,  their is no excuse for that, if you cant afford five dollars a month, which is the price for a expensive cup of coffee at a starbucks around here, then you really shouldn't be playing video games, ya should be fixing your real life situation lol.  Ten dollars, I am also fine with, that is just one less case of beer per month, or one less time of going out for dinner, or a fast food meal, again, no excuse here, if you cant afford that, ya probably shouldn't be spending any money at all on video games, you can easily mow a lawn or two for ten dollars if your a student, wouldn't take you more than four hours of your time.

Now fifteen dollars, well same rules apply but, I would only pay that for a real premium mmo like FFXIV or Everquest or WoW.  Its just a matter of principal for that kinda cost. 

The whole "Cant afford to pay a subscription to play a video game" argument is silly. We all remember how we had those arcade rooms and buildings in the U.S, now their is few of them, but im sure every one of us at some point in our lives, went into one and spent five, ten, twenty dollars worth of quarters pumping into those machines to play multiple rounds of time crisis or tekken.

If however DQX comes to us as a F2P but with micro-transactions, ill be fine with it, long as those micro-transactions dont directly impact my gameplay. 

Bottom line?  Youll be able to play DQX on your phone eventually since SE wants to put it on iOS devices.  Yea, its online, but doesnt mean you gotta play it like its a ONLINE GAME.  You can ignore people if you want, pretend they are just wandering npcs, they cant really bar you from anything, cept maybe a mob claim or two but so what?  From all the videos I seen of Saigan, mobs are plenty, the only time he was ever impacted was when he was trying to farm a certain monster for gold but their was competition for it, and it turned out to not be that much gold anyway.  Unless we get a massive RMT problem it shouldnt be an issue here, unless of course the game went international and we gotta share our servers with everyone outside Japan and Asia, since i heard asia is getting it for themselves.

A Online DQ is a great idea to me, because of the constant content updates.  All that time building your character doesnt go to waste after you beat everything, cuz you wont beat everything, their will always be new challenges, unlike a single player offline DQ. 

Edited by Alexandrious

What happens to the game after the ten(?) years are up? Then you just lose your awesomely-updated-super-dq-game? DQVII's been out for over ten years and I still play it a lot. The NES and SFC games have been out even longer, and people still play those. It would be horrible if the game just dropped from the face of the earth.

• Upvote 1

Why would I pay a subscription fee for an online game if all I'm going to do is play with AIs? Those fees are supposed to help cover the costs of the servers that let you play online. I would be mostly paying for a feature that I don't use (also happens to be the major feature of DQX - online play with friends).