Dragon Quest on Smartphones

#DragonQuest - Thanks to KiTA for the posts from Siliconera

Two announcements:

DQ 1 - 8 are getting an iOS / Android port:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/07/dragon-quest-viii-following-final-fantasys-footsteps-ios-android-ports/

There will be a new "Super Light" Dragon Quest Monsters game, original... for iOS/Android:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/07/square-enix-making-brand-new-dragon-quest-monsters-smartphones/

No word on if DQ7 is the enhanced remake -- since they're skipping 9, probably not.

Honestly this has been a long time coming, but I'm still surprised they decided to do the entire series at once (Sans 9). I think this suggests that SE Japan is even more desperate for cash than we thought.

DQM "Super Light" as a "Super Light RPG" suggests that it's something very vapid -- Final Fantasy All The Bravest or DQ Wars level of vapid.

• Upvote 3

DO WANT.

Especially (assuming we get them here) if DQVIII plays like the Japanese version did, rather than the US version.

EDIT: Oops, wrong topic.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Upvote 3

Since turn-based rpg can be easily enjoyed on smartphones it's a nice idea to port the main DQ series till the 8th one. Of course in Japan only. Maybe if we are lucky enough we will see the new Dragon Quest Monsters. Yeah, I know that SquareEnix don't give a damn about Dragon Quest at the western market unless they give it a chance with the thought that the smartphone market is bigger than the portable Nintendo consoles market where the Dragon Quest series is mainly focused. That and because of the fact that the retro-style rpg sell like hot cakes at smartphones even if they are crappy 8-bit style rip-offs of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

• Upvote 1

We'll get western releases for this. Especially if they use the DS versions of 4-6. 

We'll get western releases for this. Especially if they use the DS versions of 4-6. 

Honestly, I'm hoping they don't use the DS versions of them. I'd love to see something similar to DQ7 PSX era graphics, but that's just me. :o

DQ7 PSX is not much different than the DS versions. They are different. But not by a whole lot.

I'd like the sim town to work like it did in the original DQ7. I don't know if it does in DQ7 3DS, but DQ4DS' sim town sucked.