DQ characters that you wish you could interact with more (or learn mor

Have any of you guys ever seen a character in any of the Dragon Quest games that you wish you could learn more about, or that you wanted more interaction with?

I've seen a few. I'll name the first two that I can think of...

1. Slival from Rocket Slime. He was epic, but I wanted to learn his thought processes a bit more. I also wanted to learn more about his past/backstory.

2. Catarrhina from DQIX. She was so sweet and kind, but you didn't get to learn too much about her because she gets killed off. I wanted to talk to her more, but alas, her part in the story was small...

How about you guys?

• Upvote 3

I'd like to learn more about Dhoulmagus. We don't learn much about him. Such a pity. Pity, pity, pity.

• Upvote 4

I'd love to learn more about the villains of the Erdrick trilogy (DragonLord, Hargon, etc.)

Also Eight of Trodain, do you mind if I add your Yangus underpants dance GIF to my signature?

I also would like to learn more about the hero of DQIII.

Also Eight of Trodain, do you mind if I add your Yangus underpants dance GIF to my signature?

Go ahead. I would be glad to share the Underpants Dance with everyone. (that sounded weird)

Edited by Eight of Trodain

I would actually like to learn more about all of the demon lords.

I second that, and would especially like to learn more about Orgodemir. Assuming he's not just Horii's take on Satan, we don't really know much about him. How did he get powerful enough to destroy God?

• 2 weeks later...

boss orgodmila and god were tired boss surly used tricks

god let go of his pawer so he was no fuly pawerd boss used advange

god was seald and boss all spent and heros beat boss

but boss smarter and found way to com bak no spoil but he is good tricks

i wan learn priestesess of ramia bidr

@Imp, I can barely read that, but if I understand you correctly you just explained everything from the game. I'd like to know more about his origins.

• 1 month later...

So many!!!

1. Columba from DQIX.  She was a really well-written character, and I wish she could have stuck around longer.

2. Nevan (DQVI).  Honestly, I just wish they had written more about him.  He had a lot of potential.

3. This is a more general one, but I wish the Briscoletti sisters from DQV had more to do with the story.  I hate it when video games force a love interest on you, especially when you're supposed to choose your own. *cough*Sumia*cough*

The heroes of Dragon Quest II. Mainly the Prince of Cannock.

Borya/Brey from Dragon Quest IV. I can't read japanese, so the Party Chat can't help me on this one (That's a shame. The Party Chat is the best way to know your characters better in a DQ game and the localization team decides to cut it...).

I'm in line with the others that are interested with learning more about the demon lords. Demons have such a long lifespan that their plans go much longer than the scope of the games can entail.

The Party Chat is the best way to know your characters better in a DQ game and the localization team decides to cut it...

Localization team didn't cut it, SE didn't want to pay for it.

I want to know more about Flora and Deborah. I mean, what kind of life were they leading that staying at home and marrying people they knew their entire life was less preferable then marrying some guy that they met one day and leaving town for the rest of their lives? That screams of an abusive household. Also would they have developed all those skills, magic abilities, and power had they stayed married someone else, or was it just hanging around with the hero from Dragon Quest 5 that made them grow up more powerful?

The Party Chat is the best way to know your characters better in a DQ game and the localization team decides to cut it...

Localization team didn't cut it, SE didn't want to pay for it.

My bad. I guess the "everything is localization team's fault!" thing got me confused. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Martha (Papa's wife) in DQV

Sancho from DQV

Zenith Dragon (multiple games)

I would also like a talk with Healie about how exactly he became a human with Ragnar in DQ IV