Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

The snow world will have the ice mammoth I believe. How many worlds are there? I haven't played the original, so I really have no idea.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

idk, me either, but the game is amazing :) btw i just found a gold cacti, they are normally green but my party is all lvl 20's so it ran away! :( at least i havnt been wasting time searching for the rares, they just seem to come to me at least :) lol already found 2, captured 1 :) im now attempting to capture this boss troll. hope it doesnt destroy me lol

LOL just captured it on first try. got 13% and it worked :P i only had to use 1 piece of meat too :) its a B rank :) not bad

Edited by j1e3s5

You can get a Boss Troll that early?

after the 2nd world you are able to clear bolders, i did it and found a boss troll :) i only got like 8 % with my party but with meat i got 5% more :) and somehow i got it :) but you can synth a lot stronger monsters than a boss troll like i mentioned, that one guy has a S class already at the end of the 2nd world. as far as scouting though boss troll rank B is the highest iv seen so far.

The snow world will have the ice mammoth I believe. How many worlds are there? I haven't played the original, so I really have no idea.

Not counting post game areas, there were five.

After winning the Kid Class Tournament, you'll get the Beginner Shooting Star Grasslands Key Lvl 1.

You first have access to lvl 1 which gives you 2 choices: "Challenge Quest" (lvl 1 of course) and "Freely Explore the Key's World"

Freely Explore the Key's World is there even on lvl 2 choice. If you choose to fully explore the Key's World, you have a 15 minute time limit to explore it before you get sent back to Malta Country.

Challenge Quest lvl 1: Get 50 Gold as fast as you can!

Challenge Quest lvl 2: Get 100 Gold as fast as you can!

You cannot do Beginner Shooting Star Grasslands - Challenge Quest lvl 2 until you beat C Class Tournament.

Edited by DranzerX13

After winning the Kid Class Tournament, you'll get the Beginner Shooting Star Grasslands Key Lvl 1.

You first have access to lvl 1 which gives you 2 choices: "Challenge Quest" (lvl 1 of course) and "Freely Explore the Key's World"

Freely Explore the Key's World is there even on lvl 2 choice. If you choose to fully explore the Key's World, you have a 15 minute time limit to explore it before you get sent back to Malta Country.

Challenge Quest lvl 1: Get 50 Gold as fast as you can!

Challenge Quest lvl 2: Get 100 Gold as fast as you can!

You cannot do Beginner Shooting Star Grasslands - Challenge Quest lvl 2 until you beat C Class Tournament.

hey, thanks for the information! :) so both are just for getting more gold? or is their something else? because i get a few thousand gold for completeing the quest. mine are now at lvl 10, so i havnt completed the quests recently since 1 monster can do a group attack for several hundred damage. and wipe out my team of C and A rank monsters which are about lvl 14-18. which is pretty crazy at lvl 10. so when their are 3 to 4 of those i have no chance of winning. so for now im just exploring the 3rd world. i have 20% completed on that one, 88% on the 2nd and 100% on the first.

ok this is really weird, i just saw your latest videos dranzer and your quest world is differnt than mine??? so im assuming they have a random world for each player? or something cause im confused. mines the desert world too but im way up at the top temple area. and im stuck up their. any idea why that is? and why the monsters are so amazingly strong? they have been able to do hundreds of damage since lvl 7 or 9 i believe. and now at lvl 10 its just rediculous. they can do 200 damage to each of my monsters at times with a group spell. if 1 of my monsters lives then another group spell just over kills its remaining HP. im kinda confused. i never saw the grasslands before mine started at lvl 1 being the dessert temple.

btw im well past the C ranked tourny so idk whats up.

Edited by j1e3s5

I think you get a random quest key after the kid class tournament. btw. the turtle thing is called Orihalgon (a pun on Orihalcon, and Dragon).

Orihalcon is the fictional version of Orichalcum seen in anime and some video games. j1e3s5, go to the key door where Warubou is, access the door where it shows the world listing and take a picture with your camera or something. I want to see.

Edited by DranzerX13

Can't believe how fast Japanese players got S rank monsters. :P

Anyone know how you get these Slimes btw?

Dragon-Quest-Monsters-2-19.jpg

- Whip Slime (left)- February 6th~
- Cherry Slime (middle)- February 20th~
- Flan Slime (right)- March 6th~

I checked the Wifi gift and I think I just got a key to fight a Tiki Mask thing, but it was too strong for my team at the time.

Edited by Chris

I think you get a random quest key after the kid class tournament. btw. the turtle thing is called Orihalgon (a pun on Orihalcon, and Dragon).

Orihalcon is the fictional version of Orichalcum seen in anime and some video games. j1e3s5, go to the key door where Warubou is, access the door where it shows the world listing and take a picture with your camera or something. I want to see.

k, ill take a picture with my phone, but it might be/probabbly will be hard to see. ill try to get a good one though. its basically the temple of the first world, the dessert world. you know where you fight the dark master.

i tried uploading the pictures but it says "im not allowed to use that image extenstion on this community", im using a .png file though, and i tried .jpg. what files ARE allowed then? lol

Can't believe how fast Japanese players got S rank monsters. :P

Anyone know how you get these Slimes btw?

Dragon-Quest-Monsters-2-19.jpg

- Whip Slime (left)- February 6th~
- Cherry Slime (middle)- February 20th~
- Flan Slime (right)- March 6th~

I checked the Wifi gift and I think I just got a key to fight a Tiki Mask thing, but it was too strong for my team at the time.

wait so they are doing the present thing again on wifi???! thats nice! :) i totally forgot to check for that. although my party probabbly isnt strong enough either. though i do have 2 rank A's i might be able to manage something weak if i get one. a low lvl rank A or something...also on terrys you had to survive 10 rounds or win. so maybe i could just survive lol

well i won and it gave me a rank F monster, :( lol

also i just beat the rank B arena challange and got a key to a metal slime haven...sooo idk how im gonna get the key to the next world, maybe thats beating A rank? ill try it soon. the metal slime haven just had metal slimes and the hunter mechs, rank C.

i might try to beat rank A sometime today...which is hopfull since im still on the beggining of the third world.lol im at 20% on it...>< but i do have 2 rank A's so idk.

Edited by j1e3s5

Well, my copy is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I can't begin to describe my excitement. I've always considered DQM1 my favorite game of all time, and DQM2 the best game of all time. TnW3D did not disappoint, and I'm definitely looking forward to digging into this one.

Those three slimes are wonderful - particularly the flan/purin slime (and the return of the red slime at last?!) - but I'm sad to see they're available only in Japan. I'm going this summer though, so hopefully they will still be available...

One quick question: are those guides coming out soon supposed to include every monster in the game's code, or is this going to be like Pokemon?

ok, so iv been stuck on the 3rd world for a little bit now, and im pretty confused. it says 96% completed but im not sure what im supposed to do. if anyone remembers how to open the 4th world from the orginal or has opened the 4th please let me know. all i know is i was wandering in the 3rd world and found some flower on the very top of the snow capped mountains, which appeared to be a inportant item for the storyline. since it shined and it showed a picture of it after picking it up. if anyone knows what to do with this flower please let me know, thanks! :)

HOLY BALLS. lol well, i was really REALLY bored from lvling up so much, so i decided to try to take on the giant turtle thing in the first world, the super size 4. and since it doesnt let you scout it yet i tried killing it. it turns out you cant kill it. if you do enough damage to it though, about 500. it shines a really bright light then the battle ends. idk what happened. also i learned something, im pretty sure the turtle went 4 times! it was the first turn though so i wasnt paying that much attention. but maybe they added a way to go 4 times a turn? but yea you cant scout it nor kill it, which is a bummer lol, im still stuck on the 3rd world if anyone has any ideas. thanks :)

Edited by j1e3s5

ok, so iv been stuck on the 3rd world for a little bit now, and im pretty confused. it says 96% completed but im not sure what im supposed to do. if anyone remembers how to open the 4th world from the orginal or has opened the 4th please let me know. all i know is i was wandering in the 3rd world and found some flower on the very top of the snow capped mountains, which appeared to be a inportant item for the storyline. since it shined and it showed a picture of it after picking it up. if anyone knows what to do with this flower please let me know, thanks! :)

HOLY BALLS. lol well, i was really REALLY bored from lvling up so much, so i decided to try to take on the giant turtle thing in the first world, the super size 4. and since it doesnt let you scout it yet i tried killing it. it turns out you cant kill it. if you do enough damage to it though, about 500. it shines a really bright light then the battle ends. idk what happened. also i learned something, im pretty sure the turtle went 4 times! it was the first turn though so i wasnt paying that much attention. but maybe they added a way to go 4 times a turn? but yea you cant scout it nor kill it, which is a bummer lol, im still stuck on the 3rd world if anyone has any ideas. thanks :)

Did you beat the Ice world yet? If you did to get the sky key you first need to talk Cobi / Tara, then talk to Warubou and then a soldier should be in the middle of the castle, talk to him and he'll take you to the king and the king will give you the key.

Edited by Barbarus

Did you beat the Ice world yet? If you did to get the sky key you first need to talk Cobi / Tara, then talk to Warubou and then a soldier should be in the middle of the castle, talk to him and he'll take you to the king and the king will give you the key.

thanks :) im at 96% i think i just need to read this one sign, as someone posted a video on youtube and thats what they did. im not sure though.

i just finished synthing my metal king slime :) its A rank now and not S anymore sadly :( but since i have it im gonna continue with the main storyline now :)

Edited by j1e3s5