Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

Hm. Did Terry's Wonderland game have 3D? Was disappointed to see this one doesn't.

They added a camera so you can take screenshots in game (not sure if this was known).

Seems like you can Psych Up without requiring a specific skill.

yes terrys wonderland was in 3d, that makes me sad that this one isnt in 3d???? oh well, not a game breaker by any means just makes it looka bit better. did you just hear that its not in 3d or do you have the game already? cause mines still in the mail, i didnt digitally download it. i cant wait though the suspense is killing me knowing others are already playing it?!?!? lol at least i can look up videos of gameplay till it comes :)

Got it from the eShop. So convenient if it works. ;)

It is in 3D.

It's not (stereoscopic) 3D. The slider. It does nothing!

Pie in first 30 minutes = best DQ game ever!

well after lots of waiting...oh the waiting, my copy has arrived finally :) cant wait to play :)

Please keep us updated!

anyone else finding the controlls a bit akward? you move the character with the thumbstick but once your in battle or menues you HAVE to use the d-pad. which i find very akward switching back and forth. the last games let you use the thumbstick. kinda weird. other than that and the lack of 3d, like popping out 3d, the game looks amazing so far :)

anyone else finding the controlls a bit akward? you move the character with the thumbstick but once your in battle or menues you HAVE to use the d-pad. which i find very akward switching back and forth. the last games let you use the thumbstick. kinda weird. other than that and the lack of 3d, like popping out 3d, the game looks amazing so far :)

Yeah I thought the controls were weird as well, you'll get used to them after a while.

For those who got physical copies, where'd you buy from? I was hoping to buy from Amazon since I have a gift card, but for some reason they still don't have a listing for this (nor for Puyo Puyo Tetris, another game I want), which is disappointing.

Bravely Default has a control scheme like this. And I think the game isn't in stereoscopic 3D because of the 2DS. Lets face it...no one really uses the 3d that much anyway...

Bravely Default has a control scheme like this. And I think the game isn't in stereoscopic 3D because of the 2DS. Lets face it...no one really uses the 3d that much anyway...

The 2DS hasn't been releases in Japan. It'll be for the same reason Pokemon and One Piece Unlimited World Red didn't support 3D - performance. Those bigger monsters need more processing power. ;)

does anyone know what the quest thing is? i think its calling it a quest at least, i went into a world and it said lvl 1, i was in it for no longer than a minute, opened a chest, and i think it said quest completed but im not too sure. anyway now it says lvl 4 on that world or whatever it was but i cant go back into it... really confused. also slightly worried since it seemed to be timed...or at least was tracking the time..

does anyone know what the quest thing is? i think its calling it a quest at least, i went into a world and it said lvl 1, i was in it for no longer than a minute, opened a chest, and i think it said quest completed but im not too sure. anyway now it says lvl 4 on that world or whatever it was but i cant go back into it... really confused. also slightly worried since it seemed to be timed...or at least was tracking the time..

I'm not exactly sure what those key's are for but it sounds like it wants you to collect gold, the timer is just telling how long before you can go back to the world. Not sure what the levels are for either but it seems the monsters level up with the key

I'm not exactly sure what those key's are for but it sounds like it wants you to collect gold, the timer is just telling how long before you can go back to the world. Not sure what the levels are for either but it seems the monsters level up with the key

yea im not really sure either, i was just kinda sad because i saw like 2 or 3 monsters that i havnt seen before, and i just went straight to the chest without fighting/scouting them, so i was like NUUUUU lol...ima try to scout 1 or 2 first this time. :) its letting me back into the world now for some reason. but it says lvl 4 instead of lvl 1. ima save first just to be safe. lol im kinda a save freak on dragon quest games. i save like every few minutes, even more so on these japanese games where i have almost no clue whats going on lol

im about to get my first C rank monster!! :) yay, lol its a gargole :) i snagged a cannibox i think its called (rankE) and some red demon, forget the name(rankE) both found in the previously mentioned place. and now i can make a C rank :) right after the first world :) someone named kouli mentioned you could make an A rank right after the first world is finished too. which is kinda crazy :)

I caught a Gold Cactiball. Those are very rare. They're in the desert world, found during the day or night during normal weather. Also just to let you know, weather changes sometimes when you warp. day/night also changes when you visit the inn, and select the second option.

I caught a Gold Cactiball. Those are very rare. They're in the desert world, found during the day or night during normal weather. Also just to let you know, weather changes sometimes when you warp. day/night also changes when you visit the inn, and select the second option.

I killed the first one I fought, totally didn't cross my mind to try to scout it. :x

Oh, and I have a key like that. You have to collect 100g as fast as possible. Gives you extra money/items (?) if you get higher ranks.

Edited by Chris

I killed the first one I fought, totally didn't cross my mind to try to scout it. :x

Oh, and I have a key like that. You have to collect 100g as fast as possible. Gives you extra money/items (?) if you get higher ranks.

yea i found that out yesterday night, after getting a few thousand Gold from it, i made it to lvl 9 last night and each monster can do group spell damage of roughly 120-200 damage to each of my monsters, sooo yea. lol just 1 monster of that lvl 9 world can kill my whole lvl 17-lvl 18 party of C and D rank monsters...kinda sucks...im still stuck on the second world. i just got to it but i have no idea what to do so iv just been sything and lvling up my monsters. which is getting repedative lol

What kind of monsters can you find so far? Have you encountered any size 4 monsters yet?

What kind of monsters can you find so far? Have you encountered any size 4 monsters yet?

yes, you see your first 4 size monster in the first world, about halfway into it. you cant scout it though and it will do a group attack of roughly 100-200 damage and can go 2-3 times. im assuming you have to wait till you beat the game like previous games before you can scout super sized monsters. the monster is kinda like a turtle thing with spikes. then in the 2nd world you see a giant eel thing that is 4 slots as well.

well iv found a pink monster that is normally green and fuzzy. i really cant read japanese that well so idk its name sorry. but im assuming its rare since i got a gold metal for it i think, and its normally not pink. also it doesnt appear to be stronger or higher rank, so i do think its just cosmetics and you get a gold metal for it.

other than that their are buttloads of monsters :) good bit more variety in the worlds than previous games since their are like 800 monsters :)

iv seen mostly 1 slot monsters with a bit of 2 slots here and their, i havent encountered any 3 slot monsters in game or in synth and im heading to the 3rd world, but taking a break since i spent roughly 9 hours last night playing and about 1 and a half just now :P

well iv been watching this kouli guy on youtube and hes already got a S class + 55 synth and hes pretty much exactly where i am at this point in the video, hes at the begginning of the third world. what the heck lol my strongest is C class like + 8...guy is crazy. hes also the guy that had a A class after the first world. i guess it shows you can get some pretty strong monsters very early on. :)

heres a link to him synthing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj_aCY-fmeg&list=PL8IGNtse5BughnePQ9KNqYDCxJhzB5lpm

Edited by j1e3s5

What are the worlds like? You mentioned that turtle thing. Does that mean that World 1 is desert and World 2 would be water-based since it has that eel?

What are the worlds like? You mentioned that turtle thing. Does that mean that World 1 is desert and World 2 would be water-based since it has that eel?

yep :) the first world is a dessert, and the worlds are pretty dang biggg :) at least i feel they are. and the second one is a beach/port area, you also get constumes each world to go with the theme, for exampe the 1st worlds costume is like some arabic stuff and the 2nd is a salor suit :) the third world apears to be snow based :) yay! :)