Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

how much is the guide? i got terrys wonderland for like either 15 or 20 bucks plus a little shipping. which is how much most guides are even in america so i was happy :) i chose not to get it this time just for the sake of getting it like i did with terrys wonderland, if my japanese gets better by the time the next monster game comes out i might consider it though :) i am a bit worried i might not be able to know what to do with this game though since it seems a good bit more complicated than terrys wonderland, with all the new features and whatnot. oh well... :)

There are 3 different guide books for the game.

Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no fushigi na fushigi na Kagi World Master Guide

V-Jump Books

Release Date: 2014/02/06

Pages: 416 pages

Note: Inside is a gift code to unlock 2 exlusive items in-game - "Pirate Costume" and "Super-Marbled Beef". Even if you purchase multipls of the same magazine, the code for the same product will not work. One code per cartridge.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4087796817

Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no fushigi na fushigi na Kagi Saikyou Data + Guide Book

Square Enix

Release Date: 2014/03/06

Pages: 848 pages

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gamebooks/dq/dqm2_key_data/index.html

Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no fushigi na fushigi na Kagi Kyuukyoku taisen Guide Book:

Square Enix

Release Date: 2014/04/25

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gamebooks/dq/dqm2_key_battle/index.html

Edited by DranzerX13

wow, 3??? i guess that would be alot of money generated over in japan for sure :P i def WANT all 3, but since i cant really read hardly any japanese ima have to pass on all 3. dang ittttt lol well more money in my pocket at the end of the day :)

but wow, 848 pages in ONE of the guides? granted alot of that is probably just covering the same stuff as the other guides but danggggg thats alot, also i just remembered theirs like 800 monsters so nvm lol if they do 2 monsters per page like in terrys wonderland, front and back, would be 4 per page, thats like 200 pages right their just in monsters stats and whatnot, then abilitys added. but still thats a big guide book lol

;) Man that Gold Slime/Gem Slime is freaking huge in that one video and ahhhhh, cell shaded 3D Malroth, a foe that will make old school DQ fans poop themselves but for those who have one, feel like a king!

The guide released in March will come with an item code to get  a "narikiri ryu-oh no fuku" (Dragon King's Clothing). The guide released at the end of April will come with an item code to get "Densetsu no Kosuchumu" (Legendary Costume).

Edited by DranzerX13

There are 3 different guide books for the game.

Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no fushigi na fushigi na Kagi World Master Guide

V-Jump Books

Release Date: 2014/02/06

Pages: 416 pages

Note: Inside is a gift code to unlock 2 exlusive items in-game - "Pirate Costume" and "Super-Marbled Beef". Even if you purchase multipls of the same magazine, the code for the same product will not work. One code per cartridge.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4087796817

Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no fushigi na fushigi na Kagi Saikyou Data + Guide Book

Square Enix

Release Date: 2014/03/06

Pages: 848 pages

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gamebooks/dq/dqm2_key_data/index.html

Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no fushigi na fushigi na Kagi Kyuukyoku taisen Guide Book:

Square Enix

Release Date: 2014/04/25

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gamebooks/dq/dqm2_key_battle/index.html

Hi. Do you know the differences between these three besides the codes? I think the second one is the one with the stats, characteristics and skill on it. Master guide sounds like a tips/walkthrough.

• Upvote 1

The guide released in March will come with an item code to get  a "narikiri ryu-oh no fuku" (Dragon King's Clothing). The guide released at the end of April will come with an item code to get "Densetsu no Kosuchumu" (Legendary Costume).

I'm calling it now. The Legendary Costume will be Erdrick.

I will be getting the game and world master guide in the mail sometime this week between February 5, 2014 (US PST) - February 7, 2014. Will keep you guys updated.

Bluesun from Pokemon-Originals is going to translate some of the guide for us. I told him I just want the items guide, materials guide, all of the new skills, and maybe some side quest stuff to be translated. He's charging $5 per page, and am glad to pay him to do those pages. For $5 per page, and especially if he's just translating those parts I mentioned, it won't be that expensive. The guide will not be scanlated, but the translation for the stuff will be used in my walkthrough on gamefaqs.

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Upvote 1

I will be getting the game and world master guide in the mail sometime this week between February 5, 2014 (US PST) - February 7, 2014. Will keep you guys updated.

Bluesun from Pokemon-Originals is going to translate some of the guide for us. I told him I just want the items guide, materials guide, all of the new skills, and maybe some side quest stuff to be translated. He's charging $5 per page, and am glad to pay him to do those pages. For $5 per page, and especially if he's just translating those parts I mentioned, it won't be that expensive. The guide will not be scanlated, but the translation for the stuff will be used in my walkthrough on gamefaqs.

seriously??? dude thats epic, you rock :) i was kinda getting worried about how much of the game i would be able to understand, and all the new content and whatnot. if you do get some things tranlated, even a little, thats epic. btw, when do you plan on starting your walkthrough? also if anyone finds out any sites that help with synthesis and whatnot, even if they are in japanese, let me know please, i can use the browsers translate feature to get most of the information needed. sadly i could only find 1 or 2 sites for terrys wonderland. hopefully this game will have more, cant wait :)

My walkthrough will contain the walkthrough itself, item guide, material guide, skill guide, monster guide (with synthing recipies), etc. For the past few months I've been preparing my walkthrough, with all the sections and stuff. I'll be able to do kost of it myself without any help.

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Upvote 1

Gonna grab it off the eShop. Should be up later today for me.

Heya. Does Japan eShop accept foreign (outside of Japan) credit cards? I'm from the Philippines. :D

Yeah. Mine works fine at least.

Hm. Did Terry's Wonderland game have 3D? Was disappointed to see this one doesn't.

They added a camera so you can take screenshots in game (not sure if this was known).

Seems like you can Psych Up without requiring a specific skill.

The World Master Guide still isn't in stock yet at Play-Asia, so I decided to get the game digitally as well. I tried getting the game digitally right at midnight release, but for some reason it kept declining the card. Well that's fixed now. Will have some gameplay up in a few hours. The guide should be in my mail maybe sometime early next week.

Edited by DranzerX13

Hm. Did Terry's Wonderland game have 3D? Was disappointed to see this one doesn't.

They added a camera so you can take screenshots in game (not sure if this was known).

Seems like you can Psych Up without requiring a specific skill.

yes terrys wonderland was in 3d, that makes me sad that this one isnt in 3d???? oh well, not a game breaker by any means just makes it looka bit better. did you just hear that its not in 3d or do you have the game already? cause mines still in the mail, i didnt digitally download it. i cant wait though the suspense is killing me knowing others are already playing it?!?!? lol at least i can look up videos of gameplay till it comes :)