Sign in to follow this  
Proshall

Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought as much because I must have tried every single key combination for Captain Crow. The only thing that irritates me is that I have already completed the nature and zombie families without getting the normal Godbird or Captain Crow. Did they exclude the rare monsters from counting towards the percentage?

Whenever the next version of RegionThree comes out i'm going to start over with the neat english guide.

Does anyone here know how to share battle memories?

One time. At band camp. I had a team of a Slime, a She Slime, and 2 Heal Slimes. They were max leveled and had been raised with lots of seeds. I got within 2 gates of finishing the game with that team. Battles took a while to whittle down enemy HP, but I could last a long time with my duel healers.

Like that battle memory?

Very funny :( Is it possible to share a battle memory, for example a team with Captain Crow, with another user? And can you streetpass and share battles with someone who you fight in a private room? 

So...where exactly do I get to get my free gift ingame?  I went to the wi-fi shop, did the connecting thing and it said free gift.. I'm guessing that I need to talk to someone in game to get it.. or do I already have it?  Was it just some weird item and not a monster or something?

Very funny :( Is it possible to share a battle memory, for example a team with Captain Crow, with another user? And can you streetpass and share battles with someone who you fight in a private room? 

I haven't been able to streetpass with someone in a private room. You can go to free battles with that person and wait until they pop up. Do this outside Japan peak hours for the best results.

Captain Crow is S rank I think so he can't be scouted. You have to share a SQEX team where he is in instead.

So...where exactly do I get to get my free gift ingame?  I went to the wi-fi shop, did the connecting thing and it said free gift.. I'm guessing that I need to talk to someone in game to get it.. or do I already have it?  Was it just some weird item and not a monster or something?

You probably figured this out by now, but the gift is a key. It leads to a small area where you have to beat a boss. If you win, the boss joins you. You can get a key daily and there are about 10 different ones available right now.

Ohh, ok, thanks a lot Cobi!  What about those bonus dlc costumes?  Do I have to beat the game first or something for those?

Also whenever you talk to the wi-fi present guy, there's a second option that translates as "present code", do you know where we obtain these codes?  Is it a specific one time use for one person only code for buying like some DQ merchendise (or say like a drink that comes with a code) or are there a list of codes somewhere that anyone can use?

Also, is there a limit to how many keys I can hold for now?  I'm not very far btw, only on the second island

Edited by Neko

Sorry, I don't know anything about the costumes. You can make them in the sky world if you have all 5 parts of one costume. There seem to be some special costumes I haven't found yet.

I have no idea about the code either. I'm guessing it's a one time use code.

There is a limit on keys, you can always throw away keys you don't need though. You have to open your item menu, then go to your key pouch or key chain at the very end, select that, then you can discard excess keys.

Do you know what the limit is?  I'm curious cause I plan to get all 10 of these gift keys, but really my monsters are no where near strong enough to beat any of key map areas.

You can hold a several pages of keys don't worry. There's no real point in keeping duplicates either. Remember that you can select "no" at the daily gift to receive a different key.

Ohh! Ok thanks, very good to know, cause I was getting doubles.

Edited by Neko

So I'm in the postgame now, reached the top of the Mistletoe Tower and talked to the dragon at the top with the Custom Monster you started with and watched the cutscenes that followed, and according to this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/726426-dragon-quest-monsters-2-iru-to-ruka-no-fushigi-na/faqs/71935  I'm supposed to go to the Desert World and fight Orligon now. 

(Edit: I tried making the link into a text-link, but I kinda botched it and the link got messed up, so just pasting it in without any fancy URL stuff.)

Problem is, while I can withstand his attacks just fine, after a few turns he forcibly expels me from the battle. Are the giant monsters always going to kick you out of the battle after a certain number of turns?  I thought that they'd not do so after you reached this part of the game, but I suppose I was wrong XD

My current party is pretty much:

Lv68 Swordgon (+50)  -  Nothing really special to offer attack-wise (I love this guy a ton though <3)

Lv69 Rainhawk  (+82)  -  Best attack is Aurora Breath

Lv55 Metal King  (+62)  for healing, since the mon I usually carry is still leveling after the last breeding attempt.

Reserves:

Lv41 水竜ギルギッシュ (Gilgesh the Water Dragon?)  +25

Lv38 Dracolord 2  (+81)   Best attack is Grand Cross

Andreal's not really ready to be brought into difficult battles yet at around level 31, so I left him at the ranch. Not that the other two are exactly stellar examples either, but at least they can take more hits in battle. I used a Rebirth breeding with him so he's an SS+ now, and gave him the 2~3AI Trait (Probably could have picked better, but my understanding of the system was limited at the time :L )

Do I really need to fully defeat Orligon in this limited amount of time, or is there something I'm missing here? Do I need the Custom Monster with me when I enter the battle?

Edited by Rezca

Do I really need to fully defeat Orligon in this limited amount of time, or is there something I'm missing here? Do I need the Custom Monster with me when I enter the battle?

Yeah you need the custom monster I think it has to be part of the main team.

Edited by ethanej

Yeah you need the custom monster I think it has to be part of the main team.

Alright thanks, that makes sense :>

Edited by Rezca

A few additional questions:

Leviathan seemed to have disappeared from the Water world after I defeated Orligon (Can't summon him to cross the water, and he's not swimming about either).  This is because of where I am in the postgame scenario right?

Secondly... Will the Giant monsters ever return to the field again, or are they gone forever when I beat them? Meaning, will Orligon return to patroling the Desert World every night, Leviathan splashing around in the center of the Pirate World, etc.  Will they return to the field after I fully clear the postgame? (Assuming they do return, will I again need the Custom Monster in my party should I choose to fight them?)

A few additional questions:

Leviathan seemed to have disappeared from the Water world after I defeated Orligon (Can't summon him to cross the water, and he's not swimming about either).  This is because of where I am in the postgame scenario right?

Its been a while since I've played but if I remember correctly you have to go back under water and talk to the mermaid.

Secondly... Will the Giant monsters ever return to the field again, or are they gone forever when I beat them? Meaning, will Orligon return to patroling the Desert World every night, Leviathan splashing around in the center of the Pirate World, etc.  Will they return to the field after I fully clear the postgame? (Assuming they do return, will I again need the Custom Monster in my party should I choose to fight them?)

After you beat the post game they will be back in their worlds. I don't believe you need the custom monster after the post game to battle and scout them.

• Upvote 1

Wow, three days in a row the keys have been almost exactly the same lineup each time.  Unless I'm mistaken, the key selection rotates once a day, from a given group... and this group cycles through every week or so?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://dqm2.com/capture/wifi-shop.php&usg=ALkJrhhx0eJzvzy80GhBVu35g_C6E-tkbQ 

This page here points that out with the Wi-Fi Shop at the very least, so I'm guessing the Gift Keys work the same way?

This week I've been more or less swamped with 'God', 'Slime Ship', 'Demon Tank David', 'Warubou',  and a few others with very very very little variation between each day. So I'm guessing that the "Group" that the keys are drawing from each day hasn't cycled off to another one just yet - assuming that's how it works and the keys aren't just either providing absolutely horrible luck, or something is keeping new keys from coming in...

Do pardon the necropost. I should know better.

Anyway, the previously prefecture-exclusive 神将 (God General) monsters have been released as key monsters since November 2017. So now, all of you who still play DQM2 for whatever reason, be it missing a few monsters in the bestiary or because you just imported it, can breed Kunikuzushi and Togamihime without the reliance of StreetPassed copies, and there is at least a bit more variation in the Wi-Fi-exclusive key monster department.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony
  • Like 1

The fan translation is still partly alive. Holding out hope that one day...

I can only hope.

Anyway, I have the Undead and Beast family pages all filled out, and that was after owning this game and playing it on a pink 2DS for nearly a whole month.

I'm still trying to hatch Slanin Black/black ninja slime via white or silver egg, since hatching is essentially the only way to get the Slanin monsters in this game, aside from the obvious StreetPassing and transfer from TW3D. And it just so happens that, after getting lucky on hatching Slanin Purple (by white egg, I think) and getting Gold and Silver (by breeding it (and another one I scouted from the D-rank key) with Blue and Pink, respectively), it's the only Slime-family monster I still need.

Posted (edited)

Pardon the necropost again, but I finally got Captain Crow and nearly filled out all monster families.

Now the only ones I have left are chocolate golem, slider king, egg-en-ciel, and V-long, and getting everything except slider king may require lots of Wi-Fi battles.

EDIT: Regarding the ones I'm missing and their requirements, as far as I know:

V-long, egg-en-ciel: These were given out through long-defunct events. V-long was given out by code in the April 2014 issue of V-Jump, meaning the codes are most likely expired by now, while egg-en-ciel was given out in a collaboration event between DQM23D and Super Light, and required a Square Enix account and some way to link the two games to the account. 
Both can potentially be hatched from rainbow and gold(?) StreetPass Dream Eggs when the players having said monsters pass by you, although whether the slots will be filled with the desired monster is another story. Since they cannot be scouted due to their rank, this is currently the only legitimate means to get V-long and egg-en-ciel. Good luck finding a player who has one or the other!
Chocolate golem: From what I understand, the StreetPassed player (whether fought on Wi-Fi or on the rare occasion you actually StreetPassed them) has to have SQEX (golem x2, chocolate golem) registered in order for the latter to show up.
Slider king: To the best of my knowledge, it may be related to StreetPass wins or matches.

• Like 1

Finally got the slider king, and all I had to do was reset my 130th won StreetPass battle until it was offered to me as a reward. Now, only V-long remains.

Anyway, here's a set of monster stats, for old time's sake.

スライダーキング/Slider king
Rank SS/Slime Family/Size 3
Skillset: Cleric
Traits:
ギガボディ/Giga Body/Grand Slammer (normal and slash-type attacks strike all enemies, and damage dealt by skills and abilities increases)
AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (attacks twice in a row, even when directly given an order; exceptions include the "defend" order or when certain attacks (eg. Mercurial Thrust, Selflessness) are used)
れんぞく/Hit Squad 3
メタルキラー/Metal Killer (reduces Metal Body traits by one level: Super-Hard Metal>Hard Metal>Metal>Light Metal)
ギガキラー/Giga Killer/Giant Killer (deals extra damage to Big Hitter and Grand Slammer monsters)
ギャンブルカウンターGamble Counter/Perilous Counterstriker (will usually take more damage, but can counterattack)
くじけぬ心/Close Scraper (enables monster to survive fatal damage with 1HP) (+50)
スタンダードキラー/Standard Killer (deals extra damage to Small Body and Standard Body monsters) (rebirth trait)
How to obtain: Random StreetPass reward for every 10 wins after winning 60 StreetPass battles
HP: 2304
MP: 608
ATK: 722
DEF: 476
AGI: 880
WIS: 493
As always, feel free to comment, or at least as much as a necroposted thread will allow.

• Like 2

Is there a good guide/walkthrough to play this since the eng translation is still underway?
Obviously the base menu I'll know, same with some items but dialogue and skill trees I'm sure I'll struggle with.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

This guide served me well during my playthrough:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/726426-dragon-quest-monsters-2-iru-to-ruka-no-fushigi-na-fushigi-na/faqs/71935

And I hope you'll have the same experience with it as I did.

A few minor errors, such as the moosifer (anklehorn) being confused with the very similar-looking abullddon, but nothing that'll necessarily ruin the experience.

• Like 2