Sign in to follow this  
Proshall

Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

It's good to know that Hackasaurus is back to being BattleRex, as one of many examples, though as much as the punny named made me roll my eyes I did find Tyrannosaurus Wrecks to be quite clever and highly amusing. Dragon Soldier though!
When it comes to monsters that were never in an International release though... We can only guess I suppose.  I just finished my second S-rank monster (haha, me saying it like it's something to be proud of...!) and it's a dragon by the name of  水竜ギルギッシュ  (Gilgesh the Water Dragon, if I'm reading it right). Googling it pulls up pics of Dragon Quest X. What his/her/its name would be translated as normally I don't know, so in cases like this we'd have to take it literally.

Mm Coatl is a lovely serpent to be sure. Was one of those monsters you could get very early in the originals, if you had the time to gather four Crestpents of proper genders to get the two Wing Snakes needed (And they look pretty cool in 3D as well!).  Orochi and Divinegon were fairly easy to get once you got into the Ice World, since the wild Gulpples could be used to breed Andreals, and then it was a simple matter of getting a Medusa Eye. A little more work for a Sky Dragon and then bam - early Divinegon.
I've always had a large selection of monsters I really adored, like the Argon Lizards when I saw them in Joker (Have one wearing a scarf as my avatar ^^) and the Skullgons when I saw them in DW3. Sometimes I end up liking some of these 'lesser' monsters more than the X-ranked supermonsters. The "One right monster to use" sort of powerhouses everyone wants and would give anything to have. Not that I don't want to have some SS ranked monsters too, but there's a lot of F ~ D ranked monsters I just find so attractive <3
So it's pretty cool to have the Rank Raising and Rebirth features, since even these humble monsters can rise to be something great and powerful - maybe not as powerful as the Boss-level monsters, but still capable fighters in their own right ^^

Mm, I'll have to frequent the WiFi more often then. Hope and stuff. Only battled three people so far, first two both had a Diamond/platinum slime and the third seemed to not be finished with the Ice World just yet, which I wasn't really expecting. Dimensaur's awesome looking though, but I'm also somewhat hoping to find the "Wormonger" Giant Worm as well. D ranked or not, it was a monster I kinda liked~

Irrelevant ramble put in Spoiler:

Looks like I'm having a repeat of every DWM/DQM game I've played so far  -  Dragons and more dragons. XD
Dragon Family is 38% completed, Material and Slime being in second with 25% and 24% respectively, and there's only two non-dragons in my traveling party currently:

Swordgon, Andreal, Rainhawk in Main;  Metal King Slime, Water Dragon Gilgesh, and Megalodon in reserve.

I'd been ferrying around a Tortragon, Mimic, Snapper, and Desert Runner as well. The Desert Runner was in my party since taming him in the Oasis World, been through a lot together - really love their animations, seem like quite sassy and mischievous creatures, especially when they use skills like Sandstorm or Panic Dance - how they chatter like they're snickering?

Andreal's attacking with his tail... Lots of monsters have some fun animations in this!

I can't wait to start making my own Keys. That happens after the Sky World, or after the "Limbo" World?

I was a bit confused as to what the second key I got was asking me to do. Took a moment to realize it was asking me to defeat a boss monster (A Goody Bag this time), though I never seem to be able to open the "reward chest" at the end even when getting A or S ranking on completion - guess the RNG doesn't like me ^^

I'm having a hard time making a monster that I like that has the healing「ホイミã€skillset and the gaurd 「ガード〠skillset

Edit: is there a limit to how many monsters you can scout? 

Heal Slimes wandering around in the Pirate World should have a good healing set, and I've seen the Guard set around often, though I never really payed much attention to who has/had it.

http://dqm2.com/skill/gaado.html  shows what monsters have the Guard skill.

As for how many monsters you can have... I'm not sure, someone else will have to answer that one.

@Singularity:  Ooooh thanks for that second link!  Seeing the pictures is a great help, especially for when Google Translate murders the translations to incomprehensible gibberish ^^

On another note, the "Search" feature in-game at the Starry Shrine is a huge help if you're after a specific monster.

Second option down, opens up to a few criteria you can define... It defaults to "Anything and everything"

First option:  All Monsters  /  Breedable Monsters only  (Won't display monsters you don't have the requirements for)

Second option:  All Monsters / New Monsters Only

Third:  Limit to specific family / all families

Fourth: Limit to specific Rank / All Ranks

Last:  Search! :D

Definitely a help if you're after a monster or monsters with more obscure requirements and don't want to or can't go out and Scout one yourself. It can be a touch misleading if you have a rare monster that can Rank Compound into something else (As an example) and you don't want to part with that monster. When I got my Rainhawk it opened up a ton of A ranked monsters that could be derived from Rainhawk's S-Rank, and I didn't want to do that! XD

I ended up using my WiFi Gift-key monsters to make a few of them though, since neither were ones I was keen on keeping anyway.

On that note, is there any absurd Captain Crow-esuqe lineages in this like in Joker 1 and 2? Where there was a single "One Per Savefile" monster that was used in half a dozen high-end monsters multiple times and thus ensuring it was difficult/impossible to get certain monsters on your own?

Long and tedious chains are one thing, but when they involve a monster you can't get ever receive again, that's a bit unfair. Getting one randomly from WiFi I'd still say is a bit unfair, but at least you have the possibility to continue with your chains.

Not a  "One-per-party" limit like the Giant Monsters of Joker 2, but a literal "Once you breed it, it's gone for good" monster like Crow and I think Watabou was in DWM2. Since Crow showed up multiple times in some lineages in Joker/Joker 2, that was very unfair for people like me who at the time had no way to access WiFi and thus had to resort to using Action Replay's just to get a monster that you liked but couldn't get again due to Crow disappearing. (I did NOT want to part with my Dracolord  when I found out I'd never get him again once I bred it, due to his Captain Crow requirement)

*Edit*  As to not make multiple posts, will just add to this one.  Are self-made key rewards supposed to be so..... Rare?  I have a key that has you defeat a low rank material monster, and when clearing it the results are - as far as I can tell - showing you the odds of receiving it.

There's three lines, and then a fourth that I'm assuming is the 'final result' of your chances. This time around, which is the highest I've seen it come so far, resulted in:

0.0004375%

x 25 x 25

> 1.36719%

If I'm only getting 1% odds on receiving the reward (Appears to be a monster... マンラゴラ ?) I have to wonder - one, is this reward worth trying over and over to get, and two is if there's any way to raise your odds other than trying for an S rank every time?

Edited by Rezca

Okay, so got my third Gift Key.

First one was some Slime Ship, second one was a laaaarge gang of monsters, and the third one... Seemingly was the Slime Ship again, so I declined it and asked for another. This one pitted me against....

...Warubou and Egdracil :whoa:

The latter being the resident "cannon fodder monster" and Warubou being the real prize.

I don't know how rare Warubou is supposed to be, but if anyone's looking to get him his key is apparently up on WiFi Gift right now. (I get him and Watabou mixed up easily, it might have been Watabou people were asking about?)

Yes a got a key I've never gotten before today, reward was God/Numen.

Looks like there ARE new Wifi key rewards available.

That's awesome, I wonder if it's temporary or if they're permanently adding to the pool of keys to choose from...?

On a side-note, I did three WiFi battles in a row (third one disconnected halfway through....) and when I checked the streetpass thing only one person showed up on the list, and only one slot was added into the Dream Egg's lineup  :/

At this rate it's gonna take forever to get those filled up XD

• Upvote 1

Ah gotcha. Makes sense, so I'll just have to keep re-doing 'em until they're maxed ^^

Oh thank goodness. I really, really, really despised the Captain Crow requirements in Joker/2 with a burning passion, so it's good to see that's a thing of the past. Or is likely a thing of the past, given the rank worlds heh.

Huh, I wonder how many high-end monsters they'll end up giving out via Reward Keys. I mean, now that there's a ton of new monsters tossed in, I can see the "free" ones really helping things along so it's not as painfully tedious to 100% things.

Edited by Rezca

Just checked my WiFi gifts, and not only are there now more gift monsters, but it seems the limit of 3 options per day out of a slightly larger pool has been lifted. I've seen 6 available choices today, including God and Warubou(!). I'm really happy to have my 4 Bou team finally assembled, but I am a bit let down with how anticlimactic getting him was, haha. I've spent a few hours grinding WiFi battles and bought a ton of rainbow eggs, just to get him like this.

But now that I know the rainbow dream egg trick works, I'm going to try and get Chocolate Box Golem, V-ron and the Monster Parade caravan monster. Besides these, I've gotten every event monster now, including all the different slimes.

Also, just for information's sake, it seems you can't exactly save scum the streetpass menu. When I tried, it reset the roulette to before I spun it, but all my streetpass opponents that I just fought over WiFi were lost (however, my saved streetpass opponents were safe), so it seems it's not as easy as one would hope. Oh well.

Are there any sites that have the whole list of Self-made key prefixes and suffixes?

I ask because one site only lists a handful (Some 'useful combinations', but doesn't give a complete overview) and game-cap has them stuck away in a drop-down menu where Google Translate can't hover over to view the original/translation  -  you have to be in one or the other and it resets your input if you switch. It says what each one does (Rewards and etc) but you can't view the original while in Translated mode or visa-versa. The 'Display' button doesn't show the results, at least not for me.

*edit*  http://game-cap.com/dqm2/data/renkinlist.html  Alright, I took it out of Google Translate and went to the original page (Not "View original", but to the actual page) and it displays the Key results perfectly. Don't know why it wouldn't while being Translated but oh well.

Edited by Rezca

I got the View Results to work on Opera, but it reverts everything back to Japanese after I click it, so it's not all that useful it seems. I can't select any of the text for some reason, so pasting it into a separate Translate window isn't an option either.

One of the things I'm looking for is a key that has D-ranked Nature monsters in it, since that's one of two ways to get the Giant Worm monster if I'm reading it right (the other being from White Dream Eggs) I know it's not a particularly 'epic' monster to be looking for, but it's still on my wishlist - I adored the guy in Joker 2 since I had a softspot for underrated and/or unusual monsters ^^

Edited by Rezca

I'm in the Ice World and I have no clue where to go.

I beat the silver demon, crossed the border to the next town. read the sign and go the cutscene to happen with the Prince. I went to the next town and talked to the old guy beside the bank and then was allowed to enter the castle. I checked the walkthough and it said to go the moutain in the north get some flowers or something? I got those and cant the story to progress.

I'm in the Ice World and I have no clue where to go.

I beat the silver demon, crossed the border to the next town. read the sign and go the cutscene to happen with the Prince. I went to the next town and talked to the old guy beside the bank and then was allowed to enter the castle. I checked the walkthough and it said to go the moutain in the north get some flowers or something? I got those and cant the story to progress.

Once you get the herbs, you talk to the adviser/minister by the Queen. He'll give them to the Queen, and then boss fight should ensue. After that you'll be able to head to the forest to get the Princess's Soul.

Then you got another boss fight. They've merged the Spring Boss and the Puppetor boss into just the Puppetor one, so it's gonna be... A bit tough.

Edited by Rezca

Edit: Figured it out now need to find è–竜ミラクレア seems to have disappeared.

I'm not sure about what I need to do next and finding where I am at in the lets play would probably take a while seeing as how every lets is play broken down video wise differently. I'm on the second part of the story after the credits I've gotten to the dragon è–竜ミラクレア that you meet at the start of the game I beat both オリãƒãƒ«ã‚´ãƒ³ and ã—ã‚“ ã‚Šã‚…ã†ãŠã†. Would I need to use the purple key to progress? Not related to my other question but something I figured I would ask anyways is there anyway of getting back into Darck's world I didn't scout a few of the monsters there?

Edited by ethanej

Yes Miracrea disappears after you defeat all of the post game bosses, or so it seemed for me. I have no idea what the Diamond Slime says afterwards though.

Found Miracrea at the tower in the sky world beat Miracrea and then beat up the final remaining bosses which means I've completed the second story. 

And you should be able to simply use the key to Limbo to be able to get back there, right?

The key to limbo becomes disabled you evidently can not use it again until you beat the final boss.

A very dumb question,probably not even this specific game-related: was "Hell Madonna"(? google translation of her name,it's a green winged woman with some things on chains) created for DQM games and does she have any plot role?

*asking cause friend of mine kept saying she should be Orgodemir's sister or something like that,and I need to know what she really is

It would actually be more helpful if you could provide the Japanese name. I don't know that monster offhand, and it probably doesn't have a localized name anyway.

A very dumb question,probably not even this specific game-related: was "Hell Madonna"(? google translation of her name,it's a green winged woman with some things on chains) created for DQM games and does she have any plot role?

*asking cause friend of mine kept saying she should be Orgodemir's sister or something like that,and I need to know what she really is

hqdefault.jpg

Do you mean this monster?

If so, that is Mortella. Her first appearance in the monsters series was Joker 2. I do not know what appearances she has made in the main series as I have not played any of those games.

I have already found what she is (a  Zodiac monster,signifying sign of Scorpio) through means unrelated and accidental,but thanks anyway)

Anyone able to help me out, been stuck in the ice realm for days now, I've gotten to the locked door in the tower, I can't figure out how to open it up.

Would be much appreciated!

Anyone able to help me out, been stuck in the ice realm for days now, I've gotten to the locked door in the tower, I can't figure out how to open it up.

Would be much appreciated!

First off you need to beat the main story if you haven't done so already. I'm not sure about this part but it is the way I did it I did the Pyramid in the first world then moved onto the second world. You have to talk to one of the rulers or the lake ghost.

Thanks, I'd just beat the main story and was making keys beating worlds, breeding. But yeah, talked to the spirit, then the ice queen. That dragon is BA!

Which is the ultimate monster? Grand Estark or the Nameless King of Darkness? And can you get both?

I'm one year late to the party but I'm glad I imported it. So far it blows Joker 1 + 2 out of the water by miles. Why did Nintendo bring those games over, but skipped these?

The game is a bizarre experience for me since when I played the originals on the gameboy I imagined what the game would look like in 3D. Never thought I'd actually be playing them in 3D more than 10 years later. On the subject of the 3D, does anyone else think the game was mean to have stereoscopic 3D, but it was taken out at the last moment because they couldn't get it to run well? I've seen quite a few monsters that have a "pop out" effect on their attacks like the brushhead, pearlgel, tropicgel, and starfish. Still looks cool, but it feels like a missed opportunity. I'm also annoyed that when a monster uses a skill on itself, the casting animations doesn't finish and the monster jumps back to its idle animation loop. It was like this in Joker 2 also, so I don't know why it's still like this.

I had the option to re-customize my "montner" in the beginning of the game, but the option seems to be gone now. Do I need an item for this?

Edit: okay so you apparently need a "montner jewel" to change your montner. Now my next question is where to find one

Edited by Cobi

Wow, that is awesome!  Thanks for sharing it

If anyone ever happens to encounter a streetpass team with the Caravan Monster (from the Monster Parade promotion) or V-ron (from Jump magazine, I think?) and manages to get their dream egg to choose this monster for its roulette (you can soft reset your game before leaving the Streetpass menu if it doesn't choose the right one), and manages to get the roulette to stop on one of those two monsters (you can soft reset here again too), I would be forever greatful if you would add it to your team and streetpass me so I can use this roundabout method myself to get these two monsters. I've played hundreds of these streetpass battles at this point without any luck. When I first started playing I foolishly fought a player with a V-ron and didn't know about the dream egg mechanic, so I missed out on him. I think these are the only two promotional monsters I've missed out on.

Edited by 1upsuper

Hello everyone,

I am trying to collect every available monster as well. Do you know where to find Captain Crow, the rainbow Wonderegg and the normal Godbird? Captain Crow is vital to create another monster which is in turn needed for the King of Between Darkness.

Thanks in advance!