Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

I also got a key for some other area besides the Pirate place. it was a small area with healslimes, those lizard dudes with axes and some other monster. I have no idea what the area is meant for.

Edited by Safushi

I also got a key for some other area besides the Pirate place. it was a small area with healslimes, those lizard dudes with axes and some other monster. I have no idea what the area is meant for.

If the key is red its an area where you can do a bit of grinding for EXP and money and do a bit of scouting.

I'm guessing you can only go there once a day or something?

The red keys you can go in once/??? Hour or if you have enough gold you can re enter as many times as you can pay. 

So trying for an Andreal here, and I've got two of the monsters for it... Except it's not showing up.

I was looking at the Special Breeding recipie, which lists an Argon Lizard (F) and a Frou-Frou (B). Now I'm only vaguely aware of how the rank breeding works, so I can't be entirely sure what I'm missing here. Quite possibly its the levels, but here's what I got so far:

My male Argon Lizard (I named him Fiddles after my Argon Lizard in Joker ^^) is currently lv20 and is C ranked with a +value of 38. His previous incarnation/parent was a Neutral Gendered monster but was still F rank, so I bred him out with the Phoenix Staff to get the rank higher thinking that might change things. It didn't - I'm still getting a Tyrannosaurus Wrecks / Dragon Soldier as the result monster when I preview the mating result.

My female Frou-frou is still B ranked, lv20, and has a +value of 30.  When previewing the results I get an A-rank DragonSoldier with a +value of 74.

The guide I'm looking at says Argon Lizard + Frou-frou, in that order. Since it's not working, I'm assuming my levels or possibly the ranks or +value aren't high enough, or multiple of the above.

Any idea what I'm missing here? Just raise their levels a bit further, try and get the Argon Lizard to rank up a bit more, something else?

Edited by Rezca

So trying for an Andreal here, and I've got two of the monsters for it... Except it's not showing up.

I was looking at the Special Breeding recipie, which lists an Argon Lizard (F) and a Frou-Frou (B). 

Any idea what I'm missing here? Just raise their levels a bit further, try and get the Argon Lizard to rank up a bit more, something else?

The site I'm using says it's Great Argon Lizard and Frou-Frou

This was where I was looking, only mentioned the tiny Argon. Good to know there's alternatives though, helps to check multiple sources it seems! ^^

Breeding the Argon Lizard up to A-rank (And +52) and previewing the result, it's showing Andreal now. So it was probably a ranking thing I suppose. I wonder if it'd have been quicker/easier to use the Great Argon Lizard?

Hm, quick question about the +value, since I've never actually had it go up this high before in the remakes... Andreal's showing as it being a +93 when it's created, does it just keep going higher and higher, or does it "reset" after a certain point or cap at some number?

Happy with my new dragon though, very cool seeing this guy in 3D finally ^^

th_IMG_2538.jpg

Edited by Rezca

96% exploration on the Pirate/Water World, and the only place left unexplored I can't get to. I have the ability to cross chasms now on those murals, but using it on the small island by the Shrine Gate doesn't do anything.  Google Translate doesn't give me anything helpful - just informs me of what I already know ("There's a pair of golden wings drawn on this mural;  nothing happens right now.")

So, I tried later that night, figuring maybe it wouldn't do anything since Leviathan was asleep at the time. Night, Day, Stormy or Clear... Nothing. I suppose just having the ability to fly isn't enough, though I'm not sure what else I could be missing... Post-game content?

Edited by Rezca

Singularity, that's great news! Congratulations. I asked about this being possible on the GameFAQs board way back, but no one knew at the time. My new life goal is to replicate your experience. I hope you won't mind a couple questions about it.

You used the dream egg option with a rainbow egg in the streetpass menu, correct? Not the monster master in the breeding room. Then, if I recall correctly (it's been some time), each time you battle a streetpass person, one of their monsters is randomly added to one of the ten dream egg slots, correct? So basically, in order to get a Warubou, you have to fight a streetpass battle with Warubou, have the dream egg pick the Warubou for the slot, and then land on the Warubou during the roulette, correct?

Do you know if this is save scummable, or does the game save after the roulette? I'm just thinking about if I encounter someone with a Warubou in streetpass if I can keep resetting until the dream egg selects Warubou.

Do wifi battles with a friend get added to your streetpass opponents? It seems like ideally you could find a friend with a Warubou, have him set his streetpass party to being one monster, the Warubou, and then fight him on wifi. Then you'd have a much better chance of having the dream egg choose Warubou.

I cant seem to find the mermaid shine or whatever it is. I've seen two little island with stone pedestals, but they don't do anything. 

Do you mean the underwater place where the mermaids live? If so, there is a musician in one of the towns close to the water's edge who you need to dance in front of with HoodSquid in your party.

Hopefully that's what you are asking, though I may have misconstrued it.

I already got the new dance and danced for the musician to get the mermaid to appear. I just don't know where to go next.

Would you mind pointing out where it is?

takoku_mizu.gif

Edit: nevermind, I just read the guide wrong and didnt do the mermaid sequence twice.

Edited by Safushi

Does the 'Metal Killer' trait help any when attempting to Scout metal bodied monsters? I know equipping Anti-Metal weapons appears to help in the process (Very good on monsters that attack multiple times in one move like Andreal and the Desert Runner) but does the trait further this any? Does it stack with anti-metal weapons? It states it lowers/ignores part of their metal body defense, so I'd assume so...

the ghost captian is kicking my butt.

What monsters are you using, and what level are they at?

Have they been bred frequently or are they wild caught?

I beat him with a Hell Condor (lv15), *Gulp Beast (lv20), and a Desert Runner (lv21) without much trouble, the Hell Condor doing most of the healing.

*I still call the Strong Animal(s) by their Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 name hehe, it's a habit.

I finally beat him with some lucky crits. When I came back to mess around with blacksmithing and I forgot about the old man in the library because I couldn't get him to do anything previously. I guess it was just a case of "did you read all of that?" and I guess I was pressing the wrong buttons.

Anyways I synthesized some monsters into ones that I liked. (the slave driver from DQV, some sort of fish slime? the monster I got from the egg and a mimic) 

What'd you turn your egg-monster into? I went with a general dragon'y creature myself. ^^

*Edit*  So I just got myself the F-Rank key from the Library. I ended up leaving after I scouted a few monsters since I wanted to pull the screenshots off my SD Card and I didn't trust doing so while the 3DS was still on.... And that's when I noticed the cooldown timer on the key.  24 Hours? Seriously? :puzzled:

If this were a B or A ranked key I could totally see that, but F-Ranked monsters? Ah well. With that cooldown in mind, are there any limitations to what you can do inside the world? The Metal Key you only have a limited number of battles, and it ends immediately if you scout anything, do the Rank Keys have restrictions like this as well? Time limits, battle limits, scout limits...?

Edited by Rezca

Right now I have.

A mimic

Some fish slime 「アクアスライムã€

and some frog slime 「スラツビーã€

edit: speaking of ingame screenshots. it says you an use the d-pad and other buttons to move around? but I cant get it to do anything besides take screenshots.

Edited by Safushi

Right now I have.

A mimic

Some fish slime 「アクアスライムã€

and some frog slime 「スラツビーã€

edit: speaking of ingame screenshots. it says you an use the d-pad and other buttons to move around? but I cant get it to do anything besides take screenshots.

The controls on the screen when you press Start/Select confused me for a while too, but what it's doing is pointing out that the D-Pad utilizies your player's abilities on the world map, and that holding Y + D-Up/ D-Down will angle the camera upwards or downwards. X opens the menu (メニュー = menyuu) and Y resets the camera if you've angled it before, while B makes you Jump.

That's all it really does is point out the controls - you can't move with the D-Pad but you can adjust the camera with it while holding Y  :)

I wish you could take screenshots in-game though heh.

th_snapshot___7.png

I'm trying to catch a Digong to make an Aquadon, but the darned thing is under the water and I can't reach it >.<

Mm my team right now:

Swordgon (A-rank lv26)

Rainhawk (S-Rank lv25)

Andreal (A-rank lv30)

Pretty sure these three are the ones I'll be beating the final boss with heh, can't bear to breed them out when I love them so much...

In reserve I have a Mettable (Liquid Metal Slime), a Tortregon (Love those things!) and my old Desert Runner who I still adore.

Mmm... What's that Giant Frog thing from? The Size-3 Beast with the small village on its back? I bred one a while ago and it looks pretty cool, but I'm curious as to where it's from.

Ah, there's a Size-3 you can get pretty early from what I've seen...

When I bred a JewelBag from the Ghost Ship and that axotol thing from the first floor of the Lighthouse, I got this large sand wave thing, Material and D-ranked, but it's a 3-slot monster and a pretty early one too. Might be worth taking a look? Both the monsters used were pretty easy to get and find :)

This talk about the Dream Eggs... The White/Silver/Etc eggs are only useful if you connect to the internet and actually battle someone?

Edited by Rezca

To the best of my knowledge, the only limitation in the rank keys is that the battles don't give XP or gold. I've spent lots of time in the SS rank one and was never timed out or anything like that. All the keys have the same cooldown, I'm assuming then, which I suppose is to hit home the fact that they're primarily for later in the game when farming gold becomes easier.

As for the frog, I've never played a main series DQ game, so I have no idea where they're from in that regard. I can tell you that you'll find them in a future storyline world though (don't want to spoil too much)

The Sand Wave can also be found at night in the Oasis world, close to where Desert Runners live. I don't know if you need to get past a certain point in the game however. But in general the 3 slots are far easier to get; in Terry's I managed to get a SuperTen and a Giant Slug very early on.

About the eggs, there may be a way to hatch them without Wifi (there is another way to hatch them outside of the Dreaming method, I just haven't done it) but the rewards for doing Dreaming appear to be better. And as the process is simple, and the rewards can be exclusive (the Warubou I got the other day, as well as previously event only skillsets) I highly recommend doing it through Wifi.

Ah, does that mean you can skip the cooldowns if you have enough cash on hand?

I'm 1/3 through the Sky World right now, saw it there and bred one myself by accident shortly after. I haven't seen the Sand Wave just yet, but I take it Size-3's can't be scouted until the post-game anyway, so it'd be easier to just breed one. The monsters I used are both in the Water World so it's quick and easy.

I took on Leviathan while he was swimming around with a MerTiger inside him, and managed to force him to regurgitate it. To my disappointment I had to actually fight the thing (Not a very thankful monster it seems. Should have just left him in there :P) but to my further disappointment, the Scout option was greyed out from the start. Given the MerTiger was a Size-3, I'm assuming that means it's a post-game thing – which I had initially thought was only specific to the Size-4 monsters. So even if you did run across the frog/sandwave you wouldn't be able to make use of them at that point in time.

I got a Giant Slug fairly early too ^^

From the guides I'm looking at, the Giant Slug has to be imported – it can't be bred or found naturally. Unless their information is mistaken. (The “Giant Worm†states it's Dream Egg-only on one site, but another site says that it can be found in Self-Made key worlds as well as Dream Eggs)

I'm having an immense amount of difficulty doing anything WiFi related right now, my 3DS seemingly choosing not to connect to anything but the WiFi shop, and throwing an Error Code in my face for everything else. I'm not really sure how to go about the process at all really, if I have to actually *win* the battles then I might as well forget it right here and now and just go with the less-valuable solution xD

Main problem I'm having is just getting started though. What menus to go through, what options to pick, and just getting online at all. Going online and battling has always made me nervous a bit, I always think "Why bother? Everyone's going to be running around with invincible X-ranked supermonsters" and that keeps me from even trying. If actually winning the battles isn't required to help the Dream process along, then I might be able to take a look eventually, once my 3DS and internet decide to play nice with each other and work right for five minutes.

Thanks for all your help and advice by the way, and for putting up with all my questions - I truly and greatly appreciate it ^^

Edited by Rezca

Yeah I re-entered the Pirate World once shortly after beating it for the first time, and it just happened to be both night and storming. I watched Leviathan swallow that monster, and was confused by that for a bit until I did some reading on it - guide said after you clear the Pirate World, if you enter the world when it is both raining and night Leviathan will eat one of two monsters, and if you approach him during this time you'll be put into a scripted battle instead of him fighting back and whatnot. If you deal enough damage in two turns, he spits the monster out.  I challenged Leviathan today with my monsters and managed to hit the damage threshold, and the monster just stood there until I approached it.

I don't have a 3DS besides the one I imported unfortunately. At least not yet.

*Edit* Tried the WiFi Battle thing again, 3DS lost its connection the moment I tried to connect. Won't be able to hatch those dream eggs for the time being I guess. 3DS says its not connected to the internet, but I can't find any way to get it to start using the network I just set up - it keeps trying to connect to the first one I set up elsewhere. The only guides I can find regarding networks only goes over setting them up and not switching between them.

Scratch all that, turns out the game was blocking me from accessing any of that because I didn't download some update (Guess I accidentally hit 'No' or something the first time)

Edited by Rezca

I just saw an undead monster that had a striking resemblance to Dimensaur's portrait from the Gameboy and PSX releases - minus the flesh and scales of course - and it made me think how much I'd love to have the Dimensaur in this. Google Translate did a lovely job at messing up his name, probably why I didn't notice him in here before (Flip Headwaters XD)

Just tamed a Coatl in the Monster King's castle. First try ended in failure, started with raising Tension to +5 with Swordgon, and her second AI attack ended up being triggered and she one-shot KO'ed it with Dragon Slash on the same turn I raised her Tension (Turn 1...). Didn't respawn until I left the world but second time worked a charm. Didn't dare try raising tension with the 2-slot'er and instead worked the Rainhawk and Andreal up to +100 and tossed a few meats. Scouted at 86% (I've had it fail at 97% before, so I always get a bit anxious when it comes up at anything short of 100%) and now I have one of my favorite monsters from the originals ^^  So awesome seeing this one in 3D~

*Edit* On a slightly less "just rambling" note... About how much gold does it take to get back into a Red Key world prematurely? Does the cost go down the closer you get to waiting off the cooldown normally? Like, with 4 hours left it'd cost less than 20 hours? I'm not sure if I'm seeing anything to indicate how much it'd cost so I'm clueless.

Edited by Rezca

I'm having a hard time making a monster that I like that has the healing「ホイミã€skillset and the gaurd 「ガード〠skillset

Edit: is there a limit to how many monsters you can scout? 

Edited by Safushi