Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

cant wait for this game it just keeps getting better and better :)

also it looks like their might be a "world map" like in dragon quest 8 and 9. rather than portals/wells like in monsters joker 2 and terrys wonderland. can you imagine how epic that would be if they combined a huge world like in dragon quest 8 and the monster series? idk why but that just makes me super excited :) idk if they are going to do this or not im just speculating over this image

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=322126|4

the fact that there is an ocean makes me think that there could be 1 giant world map as well :) rather than how they played it off in terrys wonderland. which still was cool. love that game :)

cant wait for this game it just keeps getting better and better :)

also it looks like their might be a "world map" like in dragon quest 8 and 9. rather than portals/wells like in monsters joker 2 and terrys wonderland. can you imagine how epic that would be if they combined a huge world like in dragon quest 8 and the monster series? idk why but that just makes me super excited :) idk if they are going to do this or not im just speculating over this image

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=322126|4

the fact that there is an ocean makes me think that there could be 1 giant world map as well :) rather than how they played it off in terrys wonderland. which still was cool. love that game :)

Good idea, but in the original game, it worked out that there were about 6(?) Premade worlds, with that giant ocean one looking quite like the second Pirate key world. The actual hub is sort of like in Terry, with there literally being a giant door that you stick world keys in to port to other worlds.

I can safely say that we'll be getting at least 6 lovely giant environments to explore in, and perhaps more, considering Terry 3D's post game.

This was my favorite game as a kid. I loved the variety and music just as much as Pokemon. I hate that we probably wont get it.

Interesting monsters. Makes me want to create my own super monster. I think I'll call it Frankenslime! Mwa ha ha!

Edited by Democrobot

I'm actually somewhat expecting Blarney the Blue Serpent to be a 4-frame monster, if only because of how crazy that image suggests its body size and length are.

Called it. And they showed Blarney the Blue Serpent afterward, so it seems I was right.

Edited by Shinryu
  • Upvote 1

Giant Ice Mammoth. I'd totally use that(after naming it Mamoswine of course. :tounge2: )

Something to think about: Exactly how strong would a "Super G" (4-frame) monster have to be to not be a sitting duck against four monsters?

The Grand Slammer/Giant/3-frame monsters typically had over 2400 HP in DQM1 3DS without the "ultimate combination" mechanic, with a number of them approaching close to 3000. Exceptions were mainly monsters that balanced out their lower HP with great resistances or traits, and balanced out higher HP with no multi-action trait (the giant muddy hand), a poor one (King Hydra had Tactical Trooper), or poor Defense. Almost all giants had immunity to most status ailments; the main exception that comes to mind is Sagittar to balance out its Early Bird trait. Most of them also were resistant to Sap.

Should we expect 3000 - 4200 HP for the 4-frame monsters? Should we always expect the Double Trouble or 2-3 action trait (since they're taking up an entire party)? Surely they'd always have immunity to Whack, Poison, Confusion, Inaction, Paralysis, and Sleep, and I'd expect immunity to Donk.

I'd picture a size 4 monster having closer to 4000 HP, since the other stats are never exceptionally higher.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody think that some of the older size 3 monsters will now become size 4 monsters?*looks at Rhapthorne II*