Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

Sorry for necroposting, but let's see how the DQIX dragons have improved compared to TW3D.

ãƒãƒ«ãƒœãƒ­ã‚¹/Balboros/Barbarus

Rank SS/Size 2/Dragon Family

Skillset: Vile Void

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)
AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (monster will act twice in succession, even when given a direct order)
プレッシャー/Pressure/Intimidating (can intimidate and immobilize the enemy party at the beginning of a battle)
ベタンブレイク/Crafty Donker (reduces enemy resistance to Donk-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Donk)
ã¨ãã©ã冥界ã®éœ§/Occasional Underworld Fog (can occasionally trigger Underworld Fog (causes all healing abilities to hurt instead of heal)) (+25)
タメトラ攻撃/Tametora attack/Stress-Removing Attack (can remove or steal an opposing monster's tension, not sure) (+50)
神ã®æ¯å¹/Divine Breath (reduces enemy resistance to breath- and flute-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to breath and flute)  (+★)
ベタン系ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Donkmeister (Donk-type effects increase by 15%; MP consumption of Donk-type effects is reduced by half) (+★, when upgraded to Grand Slammer)
How to obtain: Hatch from rainbow egg, foreign monster master in the Tower of Mistletoe
HP: 1740 (higher compared to TW3D's 1720HP)
MP: 432 (higher compared to TW3D's 300MP)
ATK: 714 (lower compared to TW3D's 740ATK)
DEF: 672 (lower compared to TW3D's 710DEF)
AGI: 555 (lower compared to TW3D's 600AGI)
WIS: 773 (lower compared to TW3D's 805WIS)

グレイナル/Greygnarl

Skillset: Hero of the Heavens

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)
AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (monster will act twice in succession, even when given a direct order)
ã¦ã‚“ã—ã®ãã¾ãã‚Œ/Comeback Kid (can occasionally revive itself after it is defeated)
ã¨ãã©ããƒã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ«ãƒˆ/Occasional Oomph (can occasionally cast Oomph at the start of a round) (+25)
マホトラ攻撃/Drain Magic Attack (drains a little bit of an opposing monster's MP when using a direct attack) (+50)
神ã®æ¯å¹/Divine Breath (reduces enemy resistance to breath- and flute-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to breath and flute) (+★)
ブレスã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Breathmeister (breath-type effects increase by 15%; MP consumption of breath attacks is reduced by half) (at least I think so) (+★, when upgraded to Grand Slammer)

How to obtain: Foreign monster master at the Tower of Mistletoe

HP: 1776 (higher compared to TW3D's 1740HP)

MP: 420 (higher compared to TW3D's 340MP)

ATK: 681 (lower compared to TW3D's 700ATK)

DEF: 614 (lower compared to TW3D's 670DEF)

AGI: 639 (lower compared to TW3D's 650AGI)

WIS: 689 (lower compared to TW3D's 705WIS)

Feel free to comment.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

Sorry for necroposting, but let's see how the DQIX dragons have improved compared to TW3D.

ãƒãƒ«ãƒœãƒ­ã‚¹/Balboros/Barbarus

Skillset: Vile Void

Traits:

プレッシャー/Pressure/Intimidating (can intimidate and immobilize the enemy party at the beginning of a battle)
ベタンブレイク/Crafty Donker (reduces enemy resistance to Donk-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Donk)
ã¨ãã©ã冥界ã®éœ§/Occasional Underworld Fog (can occasionally trigger Underworld Fog (causes all healing abilities to hurt instead of heal)) (+25)
タメトラ攻撃/Tametora attack/Stress-Removing Attack (can remove or steal an opposing monster's tension, not sure) (+50)
神ã®æ¯å¹/Divine Breath (reduces enemy resistance to breath- and flute-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to breath and flute)  (+★)
ベタン系ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Donkmeister (Donk-type effects increase by 15%; MP consumption of Donk-type effects is reduced by half) (+★, when upgraded to Grand Slammer)
How to obtain: Hatch from rainbow egg, foreign monster master in the Tower of Mistletoe
HP: 1740 (higher compared to TW3D's 1720HP)
MP: 432 (higher compared to TW3D's 300MP)
ATK: 714 (lower compared to TW3D's 740ATK)
DEF: 672 (lower compared to TW3D's 710DEF)
AGI: 555 (lower compared to TW3D's 600AGI)
WIS: 773 (lower compared to TW3D's 805WIS)

グレイナル/Greygnarl

Skillset: Hero of the Heavens

Traits:

ã¦ã‚“ã—ã®ãã¾ãã‚Œ/Comeback Kid (can occasionally revive itself after it is defeated)
ã¨ãã©ããƒã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ«ãƒˆ/Occasional Oomph (can occasionally cast Oomph at the start of a round) (+25)
マホトラ攻撃/Drain Magic Attack (drains a little bit of an opposing monster's MP when using a direct attack) (+50)
神ã®æ¯å¹/Divine Breath (reduces enemy resistance to breath- and flute-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to breath and flute) (+★)
ブレスã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Breathmeister (breath-type effects increase by 15%; MP consumption of breath attacks is reduced by half) (at least I think so) (+★, when upgraded to Grand Slammer)

How to obtain: Foreign monster master at the Tower of Mistletoe

HP: 1776 (higher compared to TW3D's 1740HP)

MP: 420 (higher compared to TW3D's 340MP)

ATK: 681 (lower compared to TW3D's 700ATK)

DEF: 614 (lower compared to TW3D's 670DEF)

AGI: 639 (lower compared to TW3D's 650AGI)

WIS: 689 (lower compared to TW3D's 705WIS)

Feel free to comment.

Both can also be obtained as a reward (for example combining ã‚ã‹ã with é‰„æ¡ and having luck).

Edited by Awesomeinblue

I was wondering if some one could point me in the right direction to where I can find these items? I'm looking for the Scepters that in joker 2 are called Plus and Minus. Also I'm trying to find where I can get the item that goes with the Scepter/staff that allows you to boost a monster from lower rank to SS+.

Edited by ethanej

I was wondering if some one could point me in the right direction to where I can find these items? I'm looking for the Scepters that in joker 2 are called Plus and Minus. Also I'm trying to find where I can get the item that goes with the Scepter/staff that allows you to boost a monster from lower rank to SS+.

The Male and Female staffs (♂ã®æ– and â™€ã®æ–) are rewards from the Scout Q test your father holds, the nascent reincarnation staff (ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®ã‚¿ã‚¯ãƒˆ) is received after beating the first part of the game (to make SS+ monsters you need 3 conditions: have the monster you want equipped with the staff, have at least one nascent gem (ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®å®ç ) (you get five everytime you beat the postgame arena) and that the sum of both parents positive value is higher than 100).

Here are the 2 Scout Q quests you gotta clear (to reach the 7th you gotta beat the previous 6)

---

Request 2: Starfish
How to get: Scout it at the sea world.
Reward: ♂ Staff
---
Request 7: A monster with the defense up 2 skillset
How to get: Get the defense up skillset to 100 and then synthesize it
Reward: ♀ Staff
---

The Male and Female staffs (♂ã®æ– and â™€ã®æ–) are rewards from the Scout Q test your father holds, the nascent reincarnation staff (ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®ã‚¿ã‚¯ãƒˆ) is received after beating the first part of the game (to make SS+ monsters you need 3 conditions: have the monster you want equipped with the staff, have at least one nascent gem (ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®å®ç ) (you get five everytime you beat the postgame arena) and that the sum of both parents positive value is higher than 100).

Here are the 2 Scout Q quests you gotta clear (to reach the 7th you gotta beat the previous 6)

---

---
---

I'm confused enough by the first one. Started the chain accidentally by talking with the dad, and Google Translate's version of the page isn't making things any easier.

'Leafa you with the skills of the first question Princess' 

'Blended and coast of flowers kingfisher of content = beginning, the world of slime of desert'

First I figured he wanted me to bring him the "Flora Jay" flower-bird thing from the coast right next to the ranch. Didn't change anything. I thought maybe mixing it with something would work and showing him the result - nope. Used up my last Female monster in the process (Really hating how I have 13 male monsters and only two female ones - the 'Mystery' monster you start with being the third "female". Really want those staves so I can have a useful pool of monsters to pick from heh)

---

---
---

I'm confused enough by the first one. Started the chain accidentally by talking with the dad, and Google Translate's version of the page isn't making things any easier.

'Leafa you with the skills of the first question Princess' 

'Blended and coast of flowers kingfisher of content = beginning, the world of slime of desert'

First I figured he wanted me to bring him the "Flora Jay" flower-bird thing from the coast right next to the ranch. Didn't change anything. I thought maybe mixing it with something would work and showing him the result - nope. Used up my last Female monster in the process (Really hating how I have 13 male monsters and only two female ones - the 'Mystery' monster you start with being the third "female". Really want those staves so I can have a useful pool of monsters to pick from heh)

I think the first test was to bring a monster that was the result of synthasizing a florajay with something else (the child should have the princess skillset), but i cant help you a lot since i did it using google translate with patience a lot ago. Sorry.

Makes sense. Will have to give it another go then and try and make sure the skillset you mentioned is included. I bred/synthesized the Flora Jay before but didn't really check to see what sort of skills it had.

*Edit* Tamed one, checked back after allocating some points into its skillset. Nothing.

Bred it with a monster and got a Desert Runner in return, making sure it had the Princess skillset. Came back and presented him with it, and still nothing.  =/  */edit*

On another note, I was thinking of investing in a capture card enabled 3DS for better recordings (Have to use my Canon camera for the time being v_v) and wasn't sure if this www.3dsvideocapture.com/product/17 would be what I should be gunning for or not. I'm a bit confused if this is something I can just order then hook up and use when it arrives, or if there's going to be complex assembly on my part.

Edited by Rezca

Ah gotcha. I'll have to give it another spin then - probably why the Babble I bred didn't work, since I didn't keep the Princess skillset on it. While I'm studying Japanese, I haven't gotten to the point of reading full sentences and such just yet. Basic grammar/words, some simple Kanji, and that's about where I'm at. Not finished with Katakana yet either (Have maybe a third or so of it memorized, only a few hiragana I still stumble over at times, but for the most part I got 'em down fine)

http://www.textfugu.com/  great site for learning  :)   (I'd also recommend the software Human Japanese, I got it off Amazon myself)

Really happy I got a Swordgon again though, always loved that monster to bits in the original Tara/Cobi for the gameboy, and so glad to see him in full 3D~

Edited by Rezca

Right so, sorry for posting again so soon but... I was wondering if anyone had toyed with the last option when talking to Cobi/Tara when at the Monster Ranch?

It's the  牧場フリーãƒãƒˆãƒ«  option, which Google Translate says is Ranch Free Battle and it seems to be just that - it takes my current party and pits it against my reserve party, evidentially controlled by the hero you didn't pick.

The second window after selecting the Battle option has four more options, of which by toying with I can assume are:

1. Start Battle

2. Setup other team

3. Setup your team

4. Rules

5. Cancel

It seems to be a pretty cool little feature, but I'm curious as to if there's anything special about it or if it's just there for some fun? Every time someone takes an action - tension increases, damage, K.O.s, etc - their team's "score" rises, and at the end of the combat round an HP-like bar decreases, guessing it's the sum total of your party?

Fun to play around with, even if I don't fully understand what it's all about just yet. It's kind of amusing being beaten by your own monsters too  :tounge2:

Edited by Rezca

I'm about to import the game and haven't read the thread yet, is there any sort of English walkthrough in case I get stuck or something? I know how to read hiragana and katakana, but nothing else.

I don't know of one that isn't Google Translated, but there is this: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=dqm2.com

Works well enough. I'm halfway through the Ice World so far, and it's pretty similar to the original DWM2 for the Gameboy Color. In the start there's an added section where you go onto a beach outside the ranch to learn about Scouting, which I stumbled on for a bit before I realized Cobi/Tara wanted you to actually Scout something.

In the Oasis world there's a circus guy at an Inn.  Just use the hero's dancing 'ability' in front of his monsters and that should get the story to proceed. He'll give you a cute outfit to wear, and things will move on as normal. Also, Orligon is awesome.

In the Ice World when you're thrust in the prison, you won't get any indication as to where the concealed exit is until you press D-Up in front of it (The shouting one).

Other than that, it follows the DWM2 progress pretty closely so far, so it shouldn't be too hard if you've played the originals :)

Also you need to dance with the Bard in the Pirate World, after defeating the Hood Squid. Eventually you'll come across these stone altars when attacking the Ghost Ship - approach them and Leviathan will appear (You'll forgive me if I call him that? :3) , you'll run across his back (How awesome is that!?) to get to the other side.

On that note, I entered the world when it was raining once and watched him eat this other monster. Was quite surprised at that, but took me a while to figure out what it was supposed to be. If and when you get him to spit it up, does the monster join you immediately out of gratitude, or do you have to fight and scout it traditionally still?

Edited by Rezca

Well, failed the first Scout Question - again.

Got the FloraJay, put some points into Princess. Nope.

Bred it with a HealSlime, made sure the Wing Slime that resulted had Princess as well. Nope.

Is he looking for a specific slime to be bred with? A specific resulting monster? I wish I payed more attention to what he was saying at the start, write it down or something. I guess I'll try writing down what he's telling me at this point later. He's definitely saying something about the Princess skillset, but that's about all I can make out on my own.

Try putting it on the Slime specie. Standard old Slib. I really wish I could do more than guess, but this part took me a while and I tried to forget about it after I beat the part, assuming the knowledge wouldn't be useful to me again.

Ah, I don't have him anymore. Used him long ago, can't remember for what though. I'll try a Spot Slime from the Desert I suppose, after trying the standard Slime in the very opening parts. It's not like the Flora Jay is hard to scout and raise to 10 :P

Yeah they're thankfully easy. 

This is extremely vague, but maybe you can make it out better than I. This is what I used http://game-cap.com/dqm2/etc/scoutq.html

Similarly garbled translation, but this one's clearer in what you're intended to do thankfully.

"Cheats: I take over the Princess with flowers kingfisher × Leafa."

Doesn't help that Google Translate messed up the names,  never really figured what it meant by 'Leafa'.  I just got it before you posted that - breeding the "Kingfisher" Flora Jay with a standard Slime and picking the リーファ monster that resulted worked perfectly. Took a few scouting attempts on the Jay's though, between the bit of collecting I was doing earlier and this, I had six straight Male monsters show up urgh.

Thanks for the link by the way :)

Will be bookmarking that one as well.

Edited by Rezca

This is extremely vague, but maybe you can make it out better than I. This is what I used http://game-cap.com/dqm2/etc/scoutq.html

Similarly garbled translation, but this one's clearer in what you're intended to do thankfully.

Doesn't help that Google Translate messed up the names,  never really figured what it meant by 'Leafa'.  I just got it before you posted that - breeding the "Kingfisher" Flora Jay with a standard Slime and picking the リーファ monster that resulted worked perfectly. Took a few scouting attempts on the Jay's though, between the bit of collecting I was doing earlier and this, I had six straight Male monsters show up urgh.

Sure thing, it's an extremely useful site in my opinion.

Good thing you managed to get it. I can also sympathize with the getting of 6 male monsters consecutively, as I just always feel as if males are more common. I'm most likely just wrong, but it becomes even more apparent with many higher tier monsters, which seemingly have preset genders they will be unless influenced by the staves from their parents. However, when in battle, you can move your command cursor over the sprite of the wild monsters and press Y to check their gender before you catch them.

Also if you don't know already, pressing the R button in a battle before you give commands increases the battle speed. Useful for grinding. After you beat the story, you can increase it to 3x speed.

Sometimes I wonder if it's like Pokemon, where some monsters have a higher chance of being male or female, or if the RNG is just lopsided, or if it's even intentional (To encourage use of those staves and the two "books" that supposedly influence the genders of monsters that show up in battle). Not 100% about those books, Google Translate made it seem like that's what they were intended to do.

Mmm I did not know that, will definitely be of help not wasting time scouting the wrong monster then! With 19 males and 3 females right now, that would help a lot too :P

Yup, handy tool indeed! I do like the attack animations of some of the monsters, but when grinding mindlessly it's nice to just skip by most of that :)

Good thing you managed to get it. I can also sympathize with the getting of 6 male monsters consecutively, as I just always feel as if males are more common. I'm most likely just wrong, but it becomes even more apparent with many higher tier monsters, which seemingly have preset genders they will be unless influenced by the staves from their parents. However, when in battle, you can move your command cursor over the sprite of the wild monsters and press Y to check their gender before you catch them.

Also if you don't know already, pressing the R button in a battle before you give commands increases the battle speed. Useful for grinding. After you beat the story, you can increase it to 3x speed.

Sometimes I wonder if it's like Pokemon, where some monsters have a higher chance of being male or female, or if the RNG is just lopsided, or if it's even intentional (To encourage use of those staves and the two "books" that supposedly influence the genders of monsters that show up in battle). Not 100% about those books, Google Translate made it seem like that's what they were intended to do.

Mmm I did not know that, will definitely be of help not wasting time scouting the wrong monster then! With 19 males and 3 females right now, that would help a lot too :P

Yup, handy tool indeed! I do like the attack animations of some of the monsters, but when grinding mindlessly it's nice to just skip by most of that :)

I wonder about that too the majority of the time I seem to get male monsters. Actually there is a third book that allows you to find monsters that are evidently Hermaphrodites.

I wonder about that too the majority of the time I seem to get male monsters. Actually there is a third book that allows you to find monsters that are evidently Hermaphrodites.

Oh? Do you know what the name of the book is? (Japanese name or otherwise)

I've been wondering where to find them too...

Hey, quick question. I finished this game quite a while ago, and I haven't checked the daily download Wi-Fi gift in some time. I wanted to make sure the pool of available keys/monsters hasn't changed in the last few months. There are a few monsters that are basically impossible for me to get at this point due to living in the US (namely Warubou, who was part of a timed, location-based event), and I've been clinging to the hope that SE will be nice and release them over Wi-Fi at some point.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by 1upsuper

Oh? Do you know what the name of the book is? (Japanese name or otherwise)

I've been wondering where to find them too...

In game ãã‚“ã ã‚“ã®ãƒã‚¤ãƒ–ル I can't exactly remember where I bought them.

Google Translate also kinda botches certain things at times, sometimes hilariously so.

Giant Worm is translated as Oh Worm (Actually, giant anything is translated as Oh ____  because of the "Big/Giant" being ãŠãŠ)

Similarly, GT refuses to translate ã‚„ããㆠas "Herb" unless it's converted into Kanji first. Knowing that ã‚„ããㆠwill heal you is good though. The 60HP and 120HP have kanji in them, but still have the basic ã‚„ããㆠalong with them.

ã©ã__ is often poison related stuff, and ã©ãã‘ã—ãㆠis your Antidote. キアルイー seems to clear negative statuses on your whole party, and ãƒã‚® (Bagi) is the resident Infernos wind spell.

On separate note, where can I find some of the reviving World Leaf (ã›ã‹ã„ã˜ã‚…ã®ã¯?) items? The Puppeteer boss has been seriously ravaging my party time and time again (Hate his twice per turn dance attacks, especially the confusion and death dances. Twice now I've had an entire party wiped out in one go by it.)

Edited by Rezca