Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

If the game comes out to America. I will spend every minute on getting Asura Zoma.  I would also use him as an avatar.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

If the game comes out to America. I will spend every minute on getting Asura Zoma.  I would also use him as an avatar.

I just used a screenshot from a Youtube video, as I'm just finishing up the Pirate world currently.

Hikaru Kinnpatu is the channel I go to for videos. The guy has something over 2000 hours clocked in his most recent videos, and has a lot of content in general recorded. All the DQM2 videos pop up if you change the filter to "most popular."

Yet, that type of thing doesn't scream "money" to SE. 

I would buy a Japanese 3DS and DQM2 if I had the money. Does he show how to make the evolved final bosses?

The only thing that  they think would sell well is if they changed Cobi to look like Gaara and make Tara look like Lightning. :/ Why cant they look back at past innocent looking RPGs that sold well? (Mario RPG and DQ9)

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

If they did that I'd be beyond upset. The nostalgia in these games is incredibly real for me.....

He doesn't really show how to make monsters, or at least I doubt he does, but since I can't understand what he's saying at most points I couldn't say. I've seen him do it with a couple though. However, the game cap site I keep linking to has full breeding lists, which are acceptable with Google translate, and the site I use as a picture guide to associate the name with the monster. Of course, you can always match up the characters, which is something I do fairly frequently.

Thanks. And how much is a japanese 3ds and DQM2? 

Speaking of Asura Zoma, here's some monster stats of him:

アスラゾーマ/Asura Zoma

Rank SS/Size 4/??? Family

Skillset: Asura Zoma

Traits:

超ギガボディ/Super Giga Body/Base Breaker (damage inflicted is increased 1.3x; physical attacks/skills hit all enemies twice; the first hit applies a 1.3x bonus, while the second hit applies a 1.1x bonus; damage cap is increased to 9999)
AI4回行動/Fearsome Foursome (attacks 4 times in a row)
ã„ã¦ã¤ãã¯ã©ã†/Disruptive Wave (triggers Disruptive Wave (clears out almost all buffers and debuffers to the enemy party (except Disordered)))
ã„ããªã‚Šã‚·ãƒ£ãƒƒãƒ•ãƒ«/Sudden Shuffle (can cast Shuffle without warning at the start of each round)
ヒャドブレイク/Crafty Cracker (reduces enemy resistance to Crack-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Crack)
å¹é›ªãƒ–レスブレイク/Crafty Ice Breather (reduces enemies' resistance to Ice Breath; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Ice Breath)
デインブレイク/Dein Break/Crafty Zapper (reduces opponents' resistance to Zap-type effects; has no effect on monsters who are impervious to Zap) (+25)
ã„ããªã‚Šã‚¹ã‚«ãƒ©/Sudden Buff (can cast Buff without warning at the start of each round) (+50)
秘ã‚ãŸã‚‹ãƒã‚«ãƒ©/Hidden Power (after 6-9 rounds, each stat is raised by one stage (attack on turn 6, defense on turn 7, agility on turn 8, and wisdom on turn 9; after the first 10 rounds, every stat is raised by two stages) (+★)
How to obtain: Zoma Ã— Sparta mammoth (breed)
HP: 2025
MP: 825
ATK: 621
DEF: 483
AGI: 518
WIS: 518
Feel free to comment.

If they did that I'd be beyond upset. The nostalgia in these games is incredibly real for me.....

He doesn't really show how to make monsters, or at least I doubt he does, but since I can't understand what he's saying at most points I couldn't say. I've seen him do it with a couple though. However, the game cap site I keep linking to has full breeding lists, which are acceptable with Google translate, and the site I use as a picture guide to associate the name with the monster. Of course, you can always match up the characters, which is something I do fairly frequently.

You can usually find the special combo pack for approx. $250 (at nin-nin-game.com) to $350 (at Play-Asia). And lemme tell you, I too really need to save up for a Japanese 3DS and DQM2, and imports aren't exactly cheap. Which is why I find buying a normal JP 3DS and the game separately a little less expensive.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Speaking of Asura Zoma, here's some monster stats of him:

アスラゾーマ/Asura Zoma

Rank SS/Size 4/??? Family

Skillset: Asura Zoma

Traits:

超ギガボディ/Super Giga Body/Base Breaker (damage inflicted is increased 1.3x; physical attacks/skills hit all enemies twice; the first hit applies a 1.3x bonus, while the second hit applies a 1.1x bonus; damage cap is increased to 9999)
AI4回行動/Fearsome Foursome (attacks 4 times in a row)
ã„ã¦ã¤ãã¯ã©ã†/Disruptive Wave (triggers Disruptive Wave (clears out almost all buffers and debuffers to the enemy party (except Disordered)))
ã„ããªã‚Šã‚·ãƒ£ãƒƒãƒ•ãƒ«/Sudden Shuffle (can cast Shuffle without warning at the start of each round)
ヒャドブレイク/Crafty Cracker (reduces enemy resistance to Crack-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Crack)
å¹é›ªãƒ–レスブレイク/Crafty Ice Breather (reduces enemies' resistance to Ice Breath; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Ice Breath)
デインブレイク/Dein Break/Crafty Zapper (reduces opponents' resistance to Zap-type effects; has no effect on monsters who are impervious to Zap) (+25)
ã„ããªã‚Šã‚¹ã‚«ãƒ©/Sudden Buff (can cast Buff without warning at the start of each round) (+50)
秘ã‚ãŸã‚‹ãƒã‚«ãƒ©/Hidden Power (after 6-9 rounds, each stat is raised by one stage (attack on turn 6, defense on turn 7, agility on turn 8, and wisdom on turn 9; after the first 10 rounds, every stat is raised by two stages) (+★)
How to obtain: Zoma Ã— Sparta mammoth (breed)
HP: 2025
MP: 825
ATK: 621
DEF: 483
AGI: 518
WIS: 518
Feel free to comment.

You can usually find the special combo pack for approx. $250 (at nin-nin-game.com) to $350 (at Play-Asia). And lemme tell you, I too really need to save up for a Japanese 3DS and DQM2, and imports aren't exactly cheap. Which is why I find buying a normal JP 3DS and the game separately a little less expensive.

What is Shuffle? And those stats seem very low, is that good for DQM2 standards?

Oh and I am reading about malroth and heard about something called Genodark, is he different from Genosidoh. I also need to know what is a Silk Thread Skeleton.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Raising the ranks of lower monsters works the same way as in Terry's, being +25 gives C rank, +50 A, +99 S. (I believe) 

Nokturnus hasn't been the god-monster for ages now, that goes to the 3 and 4 slotters, especially since ANYTHING can be one! (I love my 3 slot Liquid Metal Slime!)

In regards to the S key, are you counting monsters that you've made S rank through +*'s? Because they don't add up to it, you need 30 unique S rankers, which can take a while.

If you mean by making a F rank slime a S rank slime then no. I been getting S rank monsters by breeding, scouting wild monsters, and scouting monsters from the NPC foreign masters and I counted by breed. I got 35 different S rank monsters. So I still don't know what I'm missing.

I'm sorry, I don't know what's the matter then. I haven't gotten it yet myself, but I haven't really tried.

I don't think so, aside from some monsters like the dessert slimes and the chocolate golem that were available at certain places in Japan. However, none of those monsters appear to used in synthesis, nor are notable in the context of power level. You can also streetpass them from other people, supposedly.

I just got the special edition because: A. It looks amazing; B. I wanted to play this on an XL and it was packaged with the second game; C. excluding the cost of the second game, the system itself only ended up being at most $5-$10 more than a normal Japanese 3DS. If I'm going to go through all this BS to play these games, I'm letting everyone know which games they are.

I asked because I made an idea for a more "fitting" ultimate monster called the Dragon Warrior. One of its monsters required to make it in my idea, Erdrick, can only be obtained by some prize contest.

I don't like the idea of making competitive things only obtainable by special events. All in all, this game is so much better than Pokemon because it doesn't rip off of numerous poor aspects the Pokemon series is plagued by. I enjoy Pokemon as well, but this last gen put a huge damper on my desire to play it for competitive reasons. I always thought that placing special event moves on Pokemon, while interesting in theory, was exceptionally poor in practice for the competitive aspect of the game. It is for this reason I am happy that DQM tends to stray from this idea.

Then again, I just hate things being inaccessible to the majority of the community (as I am discussing a game that didn't come out in English period.....) 

If this monster wasn't notably powerful it would be fine, more as a cosmetic prize for bragging rights type of deal. But I'm assuming you wouldn't want that for such a monster.

So, does the second game simply not play in 3D for anyone else, or am I missing some option or something?

You have a point

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Is the Realm of the Mighty in this like in terry's wonderland? and what number is stella in terry's wonderland.

I dunno what number Realm of the Mighty is, but I can, however, tell you that Stella didn't make it in in TW3D.

I dunno what number Realm of the Mighty is, but I can, however, tell you that Stella didn't make it in in TW3D.

Ok, I was just trying to make an idea for a new monster that is made by stella.

If I get this game. What monsters should I catch first to have a foundation for Asura Zoma?

The main monster to work for is Zoma, since the mammoth can be scouted later on. Unfortunately I cannot remember which monsters you need for Zoma in this game.

Hi everyone! I here with more questions plus a statement.

1. I'm doing the father's requests and I'm using the Gamefaqs guide to help me but I might have hit a bump here. I got done 12. Greater Earth Dragon Baogia so next should be 13. Slime Cancer. I made one but he won't accept it. From there I look at his dialog and none of the Kanji look like Slime Cancer so I'm thinking there's a request between 13 and 14 that doesn't show on the guide. Any info on that?

2. It's been years since Terry's Wonderland 3D so I forgot. Just how long does a rainbow egg take to hatch? I got one but it's been killing me just to hatch it.

As of now, I'm in post game, I still have no S rank key, I'm working on powering up my monsters and I got word from Kouli about that Rhapthorne 1 made early in the game. From his statement he did a long breeding chain when he got into the Sky World and used the birds there to get high rank monsters. I ask him to see if he can show me that but that might be a long shot. So that's that.  

1. I'm doing the father's requests and I'm using the Gamefaqs guide to help me but I might have hit a bump here. I got done 12. Greater Earth Dragon Baogia so next should be 13. Slime Cancer. I made one but he won't accept it. From there I look at his dialog and none of the Kanji look like Slime Cancer so I'm thinking there's a request between 13 and 14 that doesn't show on the guide. Any info on that?

2. It's been years since Terry's Wonderland 3D so I forgot. Just how long does a rainbow egg take to hatch? I got one but it's been killing me just to hatch it.

As of now, I'm in post game, I still have no S rank key, I'm working on powering up my monsters and I got word from Kouli about that Rhapthorne 1 made early in the game. From his statement he did a long breeding chain when he got into the Sky World and used the birds there to get high rank monsters. I ask him to see if he can show me that but that might be a long shot. So that's that.  

1. According to this, 13th quest is to bring a Super G sized monster. The Slime Cancer quest is the 14th quest.

2. Egg hatching is not dependent on time, but by experience gained. White = 1k exp, Silver = 10k, Gold = 200k, Rainbow = 1m. You can easily hatch a Rainbow Egg by doing Metal Slime World via Key with Diamond/Golden Slime in it, or doing high exp reward from key dungeons. And if you need gold to re-enter, just do the gold farming method by killing Golden Golems in key dungeons. Both of these keys are highly abundant in Wifi as reward for beating opponents via StreetPass.

3. I can't recall how I did this, but I think you need to finish the first half of the story (the one before the Super-G monsters are let loose) to get the S key, and finish the whole story for the SS key.

4. Rhapthorne 1 = Rapuson right? If yes, yeah, he has a very long synth chain.

What is the largest monster overall? And how is the Nameless King of Darkness compared to other monsters. It also seems that size 3 monsters are useless now, are they?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

1. According to this, 13th quest is to bring a Super G sized monster. The Slime Cancer quest is the 14th quest.

2. Egg hatching is not dependent on time, but by experience gained. White = 1k exp, Silver = 10k, Gold = 200k, Rainbow = 1m. You can easily hatch a Rainbow Egg by doing Metal Slime World via Key with Diamond/Golden Slime in it, or doing high exp reward from key dungeons. And if you need gold to re-enter, just do the gold farming method by killing Golden Golems in key dungeons. Both of these keys are highly abundant in Wifi as reward for beating opponents via StreetPass.

3. I can't recall how I did this, but I think you need to finish the first half of the story (the one before the Super-G monsters are let loose) to get the S key, and finish the whole story for the SS key.

4. Rhapthorne 1 = Rapuson right? If yes, yeah, he has a very long synth chain.

Well thanks for 1 and 2. That just means more work for me later. Also when you said "these keys are highly abundant in Wifi as reward for beating opponents via StreetPass" did you mean StreetPass only or can I also get keys by Wifi like GP, battle, and battle trade and so on? As for 3 I like to think that If I beat LordDraco that would be the first half of the post story so I'll try that. Lastly 4: Yes it is Rapuson so I'll take it one step at a time. Wish me luck.

What is the largest monster overall? And how is the Nameless King of Darkness compared to other monsters. It also seems that size 3 monsters are useless now, are they?

Size 4/Ultra-G/Super G sized monsters are the largest. Size 3 monsters are still useful. Nameless King is quite good I guess. I've encountered him in Wifi battles many times. He's got that Super Early Bird trait which makes him always act first. I've encountered some powerful parties comprised of Size 3 and Size 1 monsters, most commonly I think is Size 3 Killing Machine and a Metal King Slime.

Well thanks for 1 and 2. That just means more work for me later. Also when you said "these keys are highly abundant in Wifi as reward for beating opponents via StreetPass" did you mean StreetPass only or can I also get keys by Wifi like GP, battle, and battle trade and so on? As for 3 I like to think that If I beat LordDraco that would be the first half of the post story so I'll try that. Lastly 4: Yes it is Rapuson so I'll take it one step at a time. Wish me luck.

Yeah, StreetPass only. After beating an opponent in Wifi Battle, you can fight them again in StreetPass and if you beat them, you can get their key as a reward. I haven't tried any mode except for Wifi Battle and GP Tournament(?, or something like that), so I don't know if the others can appear in your StreetPass too. You can also scout their monsters as long as they are Rank A and below.

The first half of the story ends after beating this guy, Neo Dawk/Doak:

As I've said though, I might be mistaken though about the SS key. I can't really remember having trouble getting these Ranked keys. Might be you need to finish the whole story too.

Size 4/Ultra-G/Super G sized monsters are the largest. Size 3 monsters are still useful. Nameless King is quite good I guess. I've encountered him in Wifi battles many times. He's got that Super Early Bird trait which makes him always act first. I've encountered some powerful parties comprised of Size 3 and Size 1 monsters, most commonly I think is Size 3 Killing Machine and a Metal King Slime.

Yeah, StreetPass only. After beating an opponent in Wifi Battle, you can fight them again in StreetPass and if you beat them, you can get their key as a reward. I haven't tried any mode except for Wifi Battle and GP Tournament(?, or something like that), so I don't know if the others can appear in your StreetPass too. You can also scout their monsters as long as they are Rank A and below.

As I've said though, I might be mistaken though about the SS key. I can't really remember having trouble getting these Ranked keys. Might be you need to finish the whole story too.

When I say largest, I mean bigger than the other size 4 monsters. I think it would be the Grand Estark or Orligon but I am not sure.

When I say largest, I mean bigger than the other size 4 monsters. I think it would be the Grand Estark or Orligon but I am not sure.

Well yesterday I found I had a key for a daily key world to fight a very large 3 slot monster....

That being the final dungeon in DQX's first story.

Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep Newsflash! By the skin of teeth, I beat LordDraco and that's when I got the S rank key. If the guide on Gamefaqs is right, the SS rank key should be after beating the post story, but for right now I'm going be doing Wifi battles for a while so I can get some good keys and other things on the side. FYI: I think I got a key that can give me a very rare monster but I'll have to check on it.

Edited by brassmonkey101

Is The King of Darkness as meanly hard as it was for Libranex in DQMJ2? I do not mean time, I mean how tedious and plain crazy

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Is The King of Darkness as meanly hard as it was for Libranex in DQMJ2? I do not mean time, I mean how tedious and plain crazy

Yup. It can be tedious, especially if you don't have most of the most basic stuff needed for him. One of the key components of synthing him can only be gotten via the daily key gift. Plus, its in Japanese, so.. yeah :D