Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

Friends I need your help. I'm trying to make a Rhapthorne 1 but the translated DQM2 3DS sites I'm using ain't helping me find him. Can anybody help me? Thank you for your time.

http://game-cap.com/dqm2/data/monst_rapuson.html

He requires Zoma+Nimzo X Mortamor (body)+Orgodemir (M size 2nd form)

Thank you. So here's my next 2 questions.

1. Anybody seen kouli's Youtube videos on this game? He had Rhapthorne 1 in the Sky World during the main story. How he pull that off?

2. I'm looking for the Phoenix Staff and something called the Staff of Rebirth. Does anybody know where and when I get them?

Thank you.

Does this game have a beastiary that tells about the monster, like the history or origin or something along those lines? Or maybe a screenshot of the guidebook perhaps detailing this information? There has been some interest in Zoma's Devil and I'm wondering if this game tells more about it (I'm assuming it is in this game).

Well, screw it. Time to import. If I even have the option. I mean, I currently don't, but if I stop messing around with my money on Skylanders and NES games and get a credit card or a job, perhaps I'll have a chance after all on the online stores like YesAsia. Or I could pressure Toyriffic to get going on stocking another Japanese 3DS and this game.

If I do get it, I'll post my progress here instead of on Twitter. Which monsters would you recommend?

Oh, right. Planning the endgame team to be slime knight, a demon lord, and some other. Keep in mind these are only plans, since I don't have it (no need to say that again), and I'll be lucky to raise enough money to import a 3DS/DQM2R set by the end of the year.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Oh, right. Planning the endgame team to be slime knight, a demon lord, and some other. Keep in mind these are only plans, since I don't have it (no need to say that again), and I'll be lucky to raise enough money to import a 3DS/DQM2R set by the end of the year.

You'll have a fair amount of options, I like to scout every monster specie I find in the game at least once, usually I'll breed them and re scout each one again, just so you have a large amount of "catalyst monsters" to increase your breeding pool by. Breeding throughout the game before you go on grind sprees really helps get a solid backbone for later.

In the second game, Slimeknight has a reincarnated form....I believe the slime is hot pink, and it seems to have some powerful multi action trait based on what I've seen, so keep that in consideration.

Also, 8 slot teams with substitutes are awesome for team making. This is all, of course, to say nothing of being able to force Big Hitter and Grand Slammer onto smaller dudes.

Reincarnated form. 8 Slot. Pink Slime???? What is all of that?

Reincarnated forms are recolored forms of certain monsters in DQM2 3D. They have different stat caps, traits, and resistances. I do not believe they can be created via breeding, but are found uncommonly in specific places.

8 slots are the total number of slots you have in a full team. You have a primary team of 4 slots, and a sub team of 4 slots. Hence, 8 slot teams.

The pink slime I am referring to is the color of the slime that the reincarnated SlimeKnight rides on.

So reincarnates are the answer to shiny pokemon? And are they always better?

Another question is, do all monsters have reincarnated versions?

from http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/726426-dragon-quest-monsters-2-iru-to-ruka-no-fushigi-na/faqs/68811:Reincarnated Monsters:Various monsters can spawn a pallette swap version of themselves calleda Reincarnation Monster, which will each reward a gold achievement andkeyword when scouted successfully. In order to get it to spawn, you needto defeat a large amount of the monster in question. Some of the TenseiMonsters can spawn anywhere on the map the monster is located on, whileothers will spawn in a specific spot, so be sure to roam around as youkill the target monster.(Monster name, Target Monster + Location)サボテンゴールド Cactus Gold - Cactus Balls around the Oasis (Desert Realm)

4gt8w9.jpg

ムーンキメラ Moon Kimera - Kimeras in the middle of the mountain pass (Desert)

2isbihs.jpg

ピンクボンボン Pink Bonbon - Furrats where you enter the Water Realm

2rppd8h.jpg

ワイヤーマン Wireman - Kumihimo Kouzous in Poseidon's Sanctuary (Water Realm)

33muzhs.jpg

ãƒãƒ¼ãƒˆãƒŠã‚¤ãƒˆ Heart Knight - Slimeknights near Westania (Snow Realm)

a11fyb.jpg

ゴールデンコーン Golden Cone - Almirage east of Westone (Snow Realm)

n50nti.jpg

ã¡ã‚‡ã†ã‚ã†ã˜ã‚… Chouroujyu - Jinmenjyus in the Forest Maze (center of the map)

2qiqu7b.jpg

アルケミストン Oinkchemist - Tonbreros near Tower of Wind (Sky Realm)

1087j2q.jpg

マッドスミス Mudsmith - Rotting Corpses (Sky Realm field)

2ed9ker.jpg

タイプG Type G - Killer Machines outside the Dreadlord's Castle (Sky Realm) 23hxeyr.jpg

クイーンモーモン Queen Morman - Maporeenas just inside the Yadorigi Tree Tower

zk0t52.jpg

ã¨ã’ã“ã‚“ã¼ã† Toge Konbou - Brownies, Desert of Yadorigi Tree Tower by ladder

10ib2i9.jpg

シャドーノーブル Shadow Noble - Bone Knights, floor 4 of Yadorigi Tree Tower

23vnkox.jpg

シルãƒãƒªãƒŒã‚¹ Silver Linus - Selgeinus, 5th floor of Yadorigi Tree Tower

6q9ye8.jpg

Edited by Riffmaster

Thank you. So here's my next 2 questions.

1. Anybody seen kouli's Youtube videos on this game? He had Rhapthorne 1 in the Sky World during the main story. How he pull that off?

2. I'm looking for the Phoenix Staff and something called the Staff of Rebirth. Does anybody know where and when I get them?

Thank you.

I never watched Kouli in a consistent fashion, but I can't say how he managed to get one that early. I got one before the Starry Night in Terry's from a foreign master, but it doesn't appear that foreign masters can have Rhapthorne in the second game. Maybe he chain bred one from stuff from foreign masters/streetpass, maybe he got it from another player.....I honestly couldn't say.

The site I linked you to is what I used to get through Terry's, and plan to use for this game as well (I am going to start playing in a few mintues!)

http://kyokugen.info/dqm2/     <-- This is a good one as well

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdqm23ds.ffsky.cn%2Fmontou.htm&sandbox=1  <-- The problem with the other sites I gave you is that they don't give pictures for the monsters, which can be problematic if Google butchers the translation. Using ctrl + F on this page will help you associate the name with the monster.

I know in Terry's that I went to look for the Phoenix Scepter, and it turned out I had it for a while without knowing it. It usually gives +8 attack (or did in the previous game at least) so just equip staves you have that give 8 attack onto non-Incarni monsters you have and see if they force synthing into that specie.

Not being able to read the games makes them based decently heavily on trial and error, but the truth is, ever since the GBC games they were that way anyway, and you STILL had to look everything up online regardless. It took me about half way through Terry's to find out why things were getting tension stacks for "no reason," and then I read about tension burn on the first site I showed you.

Thanks on the note about the staves. It didn't hurt to look into all the stuff I gotten while playing the game and they were right there. Sorry to bug but I have a couple more questions.

1. I'm trying to get the S key from the library and I have over 30 S-rank monsters and reach the holy dragon at the "top" of the tree tower and yet nothing. Is there more to the tree tower then that or is there something else I'm missing?

2. How do you raise a rank on a lower rank monster? I never did that before. I just been getting SS-rank monsters and raising them up from there.

Thank you.

Hey, is Nokturnus  still the unrivaled godmonster? Or is he stepped aside for some other monster like in Joker 2?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Raising the ranks of lower monsters works the same way as in Terry's, being +25 gives C rank, +50 A, +99 S. (I believe) 

Nokturnus hasn't been the god-monster for ages now, that goes to the 3 and 4 slotters, especially since ANYTHING can be one! (I love my 3 slot Liquid Metal Slime!)

In regards to the S key, are you counting monsters that you've made S rank through +*'s? Because they don't add up to it, you need 30 unique S rankers, which can take a while.

I hate how the GIANT SLUG and MEDUSA EYE are stronger than Nokturnus. Even Mortamor, who he completely  up before is now stronger. 

But at least he still is not an overexpendanble ingredient. 

I hope....

Well 609.jpg looks like a satisfying enough monster

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

How is the monster above, what is his name, and what is a long synth chain for him?

This is his synth chain :D

You can have him as a reward though from one of the high level keys :)

What is his name, is he a 4 slotter, and how is he as a monster? And if he is not the ultimate monster, who is?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

This is his synth chain :D

You can have him as a reward though from one of the high level keys :)

What is his name, is he a 4 slotter, and how is he as a monster?

Google Translates it as Magic against God Zemerugiasu, 3 slots, and have no idea.

What ethanej said, except that he's called "Demon Wargod (or "Demon God of War") Zemerugiasu."

I just saw what Super G monsters can do....

Which is better Asurazoma or King of Darkness (And what does he look like)?

I will choose the one I am more nostalgically attatched to then. So what is Asura Zoma's Recipe? And do you think DQM2 will ever come to the US?

Shun, don't hold out on the Monsters games coming over here. I would love it if they did since I grew up with the originals, but if we have yet to get any word on the remake of VII or any version of X, there is no way in hell we're going to see the Monsters games be translated into English. I still believe that at the least the remake of VII will come over at some point, but the Monsters games are extremely unlikely.

Raising the ranks of lower monsters works the same way as in Terry's, being +25 gives C rank, +50 A, +99 S. (I believe) 

Nokturnus hasn't been the god-monster for ages now, that goes to the 3 and 4 slotters, especially since ANYTHING can be one! (I love my 3 slot Liquid Metal Slime!)

In regards to the S key, are you counting monsters that you've made S rank through +*'s? Because they don't add up to it, you need 30 unique S rankers, which can take a while.

If you mean by making a F rank slime a S rank slime then no. I been getting S rank monsters by breeding, scouting wild monsters, and scouting monsters from the NPC foreign masters and I counted by breed. I got 35 different S rank monsters. So I still don't know what I'm missing.

Sing, it's good to know AsuraZoma is still in Monsters 2. I've seen a video showing off a battle with PsychoPiz(zaro) so it's good to see these monsters are still in.

I'm curious about 2 things though: is your profile picture of LordDraco or is it a new monster entirely? The other is that do the other villains/antagonists from the main series have "ultimate" forms like the Dragon/DracoLord, Malroth/Sidoh, Zoma, and Psaro have?

I just realized that mammoth's name is a pun on Asmodeus.