Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

So if you're not playing Super Light, you can't get the Rainbow Egg?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

Has anyone by gotten a hold of those three special McDonalds slimes, by chance? I'm still really salty about not being able to get them for myself (that purinslime/custard slime is probably the greatest slime ever), and I was wondering what rank they are. If they're sub S-rank, then they're certainly scoutable through streetpass battles...has anyone gotten lucky enough to find someone with one of these? Or how about the Lemon and Lime slimes from Monster Parade?

Also, as an aside, I've yet to exchange FCs with anybody, so I don't know how online friend communications work with this game. Can you trade/breed monsters with your FC friends? Or just battle? Or is it only local communications?

Edited by 1upsuper

Wonderful news! Thanks so much. Guess I'll be marathoning WiFi battles.

Huzzah! This person's streetpass team is Cherry Slime, Berry Slime, Lemon Slime, and Lime Slime. ...And I have no idea which one to pick. <_< Probably not Lemon or Lime, since I could probably get those through Parade still...And Cherry is a McDonald's slime. What about the purple Berry Slime? What's he from? His entry on the main dqm2 site doesn't say where he's from. Anyone know?

Edit: It looks like the purple slime was available via a download code from buying the game from a certain Japanese online store. That makes it seem like I should pick this one, but I'm still undecided. I might wait until I find another person with slimes.

Edited by 1upsuper

I know that I am going on a tangent, but can somebody please help me find a Youtube link to footage of the key where there are endless rounds of randomly generated monsters? Since I do not have a Japanese keyboard, I do not know the best search criteria to use to find footage where liken Terry no Wonderland, there were some people went past round 1000. Help would be appreciated.

I can try to help you with that later today, but you can totally type using all three Japanese language systems on a regular computer. I had to for my Japanese courses, and it's really helpful. Just google or YouTube it.

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone else tried linking their Square Enix account, this game, and Monster Parade or Super Light? I linked Super Light data days ago, but I've gotten no email about it after the initial confirmation email after inputting the SL ID, and there's been no message sent to Super Light yet. The SL file is above level 20, by the way. It's kind of annoying, and I don't want to miss out. Anyone have any experiences with this? I haven't tried Monster Parade yet since I haven't bothered to make a Yahoo account yet, but for anyone who has tried it, did you have any problems?

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone else tried linking their Square Enix account, this game, and Monster Parade or Super Light? I linked Super Light data days ago, but I've gotten no email about it after the initial confirmation email after inputting the SL ID, and there's been no message sent to Super Light yet. The SL file is above level 20, by the way. It's kind of annoying, and I don't want to miss out. Anyone have any experiences with this? I haven't tried Monster Parade yet since I haven't bothered to make a Yahoo account yet, but for anyone who has tried it, did you have any problems?

No clue about monster parade, but as far as I know for Super Light and Dragon Monsters 2 they will deliver your monsters later in april.

I've got my game & 3ds coming in the mail. Have 2 questions.

How do u save?

How is the monster creation thing set up when u start a game? I watched the youtube video & was completely lost during that part.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if there is anyone who can help me here. I am trying to get into the third castle in the Ice World and it seems no matter what I do. I can't seem to get the guards to let me into the castle and I actually already have the herb to wake the queen. From a guide I read it seems I am suppose to be able to get a cut scene with an old man telling me about the herb and that is suppose to trigger allowing me into the castle but, I can't seem to get any of this to happen. Any help or guidance into would really be helpful. I have tried talking to NPCs anywhere I could and tried reading books since the guide mentions something about reading the books in the library and talking to the old man.

In addition to removal of negative traits from skillsets, a number of skillsets have been buffed. I was pleased to see Mortamor's in particular now teaches Kaboomle and Kazammle (instead of Kaboom and Kazam). Now if only they'd give Orgodemir his own skillset(s), instead of sticking him with Muspell, which still doesn't give the strongest versions of skills - not even Cremate.

Can anyone tell me how to get to Estark's Lair? I got what I think is a statue or possibly himself raised after completing the Tower but, I have no idea how to get to it. I have so far been playing this game without much knowledge of the language.

They're remaking the 3rd gen Pokemon games and releasing them this November.  Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.  

There goes any hope of us ever getting DQM in the US this year.

There goes any hope of us ever getting DQM in the US this year.

Squeenix isn't giving us any DQ game. Ever. It's not tied to Pokemon releases. It's tied to sales. DQ doesn't sell well, so we don't get it. Period.

Well, I have already prepared both my wallet and my resolve for this....I am still waiting for E3 just in case, but I feel it only gets more and more hopeless from here.....

As I don't know an ounce of Japanese, and haven't played any of the series since Joker 2 came out in America, I was thinking about making a thread on here to compile lists of new traits, skillsets, and spells, along with possible text in Japanese. I figure this would help others quite a bit as I see a lot of questions regarding them on various threads, and this would make a one-stop shop for everyone (including myself, who will be going into these games with nothing but the flawed knowledge of Joker 2 and the plot of the originals) to be able to find out what everything new in the game does. I really love watching YouTube battles with a self-tormenting passion, but I don't have any idea what is going on most of the time, and the Google translated Japanese sites are very hard to interpret meaningfully in the context of actual functions (being a Magic the Gathering player, I like my rules CONCISE!).

That would be wonderful. I beat the game but mainly used regular attacks. Lol Translations for the 2nd part of the random key names would be great to. Its hard to tell which does what.

I took a 2 month break from DQM2 3DS, and got int other games. I've been playing Final Fantasy X Remastered, and working on fansub projects, mainly for Future Card Buddyfight. I will be playing DQM2 3DS again sometime this week.

Hell, I want to play it so much. But - no 3ds, zero knowledge of japanese, and general lack of money.Gahh(

• 1 month later...

On an unrelated note, after looking through the monsters that can appear in your first Magic Key(the one that you get for beating the first arena matches), I believe that I have found the best arrangement. Constructive criticism is encouraged:

Drakularge: Drakularge+ any material monster = Spikerous( a rank C monster). Drakularge + BossTroll(can be found in Desert world) = Night Clubber( a strong rank S monster). Restless Armor(Hell Condor + zombie) + BattleRex(breed Drakularge two times with lower-ranked dragons) = MadKnight. Drakularge + MadKnight = Centausaur(rank A). On a side note, Restless Armor + a beast = Lethal Armor, which is Rank B.

Mortoad: If you breed two of them together, you get Giga Mutant(a rank A monster). A Giga Mutant + a devil = Demon-at-Arms(which has Double Trouble). 

LavaMan: If you breed a Blizzardy (Hell Condor + a lower ranked nature monster) with one of these, you get an IceMan, which you can use to get a GoldGolem. An IceMan + any lower-ranked material monster will get a Golem, which can be used for a lot of things.

Dancing Flame: If you breed a Blizzardy with one of these, you can get a Phoenix, which can be used for a Thunderbird(Rank A) or a RainHawk(Rank S).

SlimeNite: You can breed these with MadDragons(found in Pirate World) to get Dragon Riders, which are Rank B and decently strong.

Would it be worth it to spend a lot of time trying to get these monsters in the first Magic Key, or would it not be worth it?