Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

For a monster with the name "Zenith Slime", I'd expect it to be stronger.

It's a 1-frame monster that is guaranteed to act twice a turn, has Critical Massacre (doubles crit rate, which is normally 4%)Desperado (while at 1/4 HP or less, crit rate is multiplied by 16; stacks multiplicatively with Critical Massacre), randomly gets Oomph status at the start of a battle, randomly gets Accelerate status at the start of each round, boosts all its stats over time regardless thanks to Hidden Power, dodges physical attacks more often because of Small Body, and at low HP can become effectively immune to anything except direct damage, and you think it's not strong enough?

EDIT: The Master Slime originated in Caravan Heart. Can't tell you how good it was there; I never finished that game because I didn't like the drastic changes to the Monsters series (and I was spoiled by Joker 2 at the time).

Edited by Shinryu

I was expecting something a bit weaker. How about some Jailcat now? They are soooo cute!

Here you go:

プリズニャン/Prisomeow (from "prison" and the English translation of "nyan" (meow))/Jailcat

Rank E/Size 1/Beast Family

Skillset: Woosh and Crack

Traits:

スタンダードボディ/Standard Body (placeholder trait)
ヒャド系ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Crackmeister (increases Crack-type effects by 15%; MP consumption of Crack-type spells is decreased by half)
ラブリー/Lovely/Strangely Alluring (can dazzle enemies and immobilize them at the start of a battle)
ã­ãŒãˆã‚Š/Roll Over (if asleep, this monster can attack by rolling over the enemy party) (+25)
ã¦ã‚“ã—ã®ãã¾ãã‚Œ/Comeback Kid (can occasionally revive itself after it is defeated) (+50)
ロケットスタート/Rocket Start (in the first three rounds, this monster can deal more damage than usual, but it decreases round 4 onward) (+★)
AI 1~2回行動/Tactical Trooper (attacks 1-2 times in a row) (+★, when upgraded to either Big Hitter or Grand Slammer)
ã¿ã‹ã‚ã—アップ/Artful Dodger (doubles the chance of evading enemy attacks) (+★, when upgraded to Grand Slammer)
How to obtain: I don't know how the hell you can get a jailcat in this game. Probably through wandering monster masters (as in TW3D), if there are any that carry this monster, or you can transfer it through the TW3D-DQM2R transfer tool.

HP: 1366

MP: 366

ATK: 805

DEF: 805

AGI: 854

WIS: 779

Feel free to comment.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

For a monster with the name "Zenith Slime", I'd expect it to be stronger.

It's a 1-frame monster that is guaranteed to act twice a turn, has Critical Massacre (doubles crit rate, which is normally 4%), Desperado (while at 1/4 HP or less, crit rate is multiplied by 16; stacks multiplicatively with Critical Massacre), randomly gets Oomph status at the start of a battle, randomly gets Accelerate status at the start of each round, boosts all its stats over time regardless thanks to Hidden Power, dodges physical attacks more often because of Small Body, and at low HP can become effectively immune to anything except direct damage, and you think it's not strong enough?

When I think "Zenith", I think something very God-like.

Rocket Start... So after round 4, your attacks continue to do less and less? I don't think I like the sound of that.

Apparently, Rocket Start decreases back to normal after the first four rounds, something that Google Translate (and the translation based on its nonsense) didn't quite make clear. Of course, I could be wrong, since I haven't owned the game yet.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Apparently, Rocket Start decreases back to normal after the first four rounds, something that Google Translate (and the translation based on its nonsense) didn't quite make clear. Of course, I could be wrong, since I haven't owned the game yet.

If that's the case, then that isn't so bad.

so i was thinking, do they limit some trait combinations? because i feel some combos would just be too good, for instance, obviously if something had magic counter, and you gave it the ability to counter physicall attacks, you couldnt do any damage at all to it. also as someone mentioned. a metal slime or something with metal body and blocking critical hits is kinda over powered in my opinion too. since metal slimes start out with around 1500 defense, add in a defense sp and you have almost 2000.

so my question is. has anyone found any limits to these? because if someone can make a magic counter and physical counter then the game is kinda broke unless they changed the way those traits work now.

BabyRyoga's guide in Gamefaqs mentions this, but I think he also doesn't know the exact cause/s (trait combinations) for the negative traits to be triggered.

V.   Reborn MonstersNew to DQM2 is the feature to rebirth monsters. Once you complete the first part of the story and obtain the ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®ã‚¿ã‚¯ãƒˆ Baton of Rebirth, youcan breed two monsters with a total of +100 or more to create a supermonster with the rank SS+★. This will consume one ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®å®ç  Gem ofRebirth, and allow the resulting monster to accquire two additionalcharacteristics; a third exclusive to that monster for reaching +100,and one from the other monster you breeded with, which will take the place of a characteristic of your choosing. Be careful, some combinationsthat bypass a certain threshold will also result in an additional,negative attribute being added to your monster, such as:アンラッキー Unlucky - Causes misses, procs occasionally with >75% HPオロオロ Flustered - Random chance of losing a turn強者ã®ã‚ˆã‚†ã† Strength Overload - Won't act on some even-numbered rounds自動MPダウン Auto MP Down - Lose 10% of MP at the end of a roundã—ょã†ã²MPx2 Consumed MPx2 - Abilities and spells cost twice as muchダメージ増ボディ Damage Taken Increase-type Body - Take more damage as                                          the battle progresses onã¡ã‚‡ã†ã¯ã¤ Fired-up - Chance to increase enemy's tension at battle startヘロヘロ Exhausted - Won't act on some odd-numbered roundsThere are also some characteristics that can't be taken. In general,some monsters can move up in body size to gain increased stats, dealmore damage, gain more turns per round, and fill more party slots, butit is unlikely (impossible?) that a monster can move to a smaller bodysize. Also, any trait involving number of turns on a large or ultra-large monster such as AI 3-4 actions per round or AI 4 actions per roundcannot be transfered to a smaller monster. Also keep in mind thatsometimes the game will dish out a stiff penalty without any explanationwhen you add certain traits in the form of a crippling statistic drop.Example, my Diamond Slime with 1400 Wis would go down to 790 Wis fortaking AI 2-3 actions per round. Likewise, ditching AI 3, 3-4, 4 actionsper round on a monster for a different trait that doesn't affect numberof actions per round will result in a substantial stat increase.

As for the increased actions per round (AI), I think its just fair that certain stat cap/s will be will be lowered in favor of getting more actions per round. Diamond Slime has a natural AI 1-3 when upgrade to G-size, btw. Further, Slime Blaster (Sula Blaster) already have these two traits, Attack Counter and Magic Counter, as initial traits lol. :D There are also some skills that bypass Attack Counter (which I forgot, its in Japanese :() and Magic Counter like breath attacks. Attack Counter also doesn't always apply. I dunno exactly what triggers it a Counter Attack though. I've seen metal slimes attack me with their normal attacks and most of the time by Dragon Baogia counters it, although I think 1/20 times he doesn't counter.

I hope the new guide book will shed some info about these.

@CH

Thanks for the Grendel! Btw, any chance you can share a list of your translated Japanese traits? My heads hurts so much relying on Google Translate lol :D

Edit: Just made something up when I saw Grendel's trait, 会心ã‹ã‚“ãœã‚“ガード (Critical Guard) [Guard Full Satisfaction by Google]. Metal Slimes with this trait makes them near immortal. Drop in some skills that ups their weak traits (Rukani, Bomie, Fool, etc. I dunno what they are though lol) like Rukanigado (Rukani Guard?), and they will near unkillable. There's also that SP skill, Ultra Guard SP, which boosts I think all resistances by two levels. Weapons can also be enchanted that ups resistance/s and/or stats. They make excellent meat shields! Only problem I think is they will be doing next to nothing in terms of damage :D

Edited by Riffmaster

If CH is willing, I'd like Diamond Slime's stats. I'd like to see how it measures to other metal monsters.

Those are beautiful! They have a Chocolate Golem and a Rainbow Bad Egg. Can we get the stats for them? PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE?!

Super stoked we finally have that list. Does anyone know if it's the complete list, or are there more guides coming out or special events or whatever? When I was going down the list I thought I did not see all the special reincarnated gold monsters, just one or two, but maybe my eyes deceived me.

I fought someone in an online battle with the Chocolate Golem a while ago, and I definitely need one. And I definitely need a party of all four Bou families, and all those rainbow slimes. Hopefully I'll tag someone with the McDonalds keys...

Also: I saw adult Terry's portrait in there. As I recall, there was a portrait for him in Terry no Wonderland 3D, but he was not an obtainable monster. Is that the same case here, or is he obtainable?

Edited by 1upsuper

I have some questions that have been bugging me. 1. Do the parts you select for your partner monster actually matter, or is it just cosmetic?

2. We know you can make monsters bigger (but only up to 3-frame), but if you make a monster bigger, can it be reversed later?

3. Did bigger monsters lose their resistances? I imagine the resistance tables are just incomplete, but I'm getting concerned. Bigger monsters (3-frame and 4-frame in particular) need two things to not suck horribly: first, they must be able to act more than once per turn, even if it's not guaranteed, to compensate for giving you less allies. Second, they MUST have resistance to status ailments, or else they're just a liability.

EDIT: Metal monsters now HALVE magic, elements, etc, instead of being straight-up immune, like they are in every other appearance in the Monsters and main series games. I don't think I agree with this.

Edited by Shinryu

I have some questions that have been bugging me. 1. Do the parts you select for your partner monster actually matter, or is it just cosmetic?

2. We know you can make monsters bigger (but only up to 3-frame), but if you make a monster bigger, can it be reversed later?

3. Did bigger monsters lose their resistances? I imagine the resistance tables are just incomplete, but I'm getting concerned. Bigger monsters (3-frame and 4-frame in particular) need two things to not suck horribly: first, they must be able to act more than once per turn, even if it's not guaranteed, to compensate for giving you less allies. Second, they MUST have resistance to status ailments, or else they're just a liability.

EDIT: Metal monsters now HALVE magic, elements, etc, instead of being straight-up immune, like they are in every other appearance in the Monsters and main series games. I don't think I agree with this.

1. Cosmetic only.

2. I've only very midly tested this, but when I upgraded by Gold Slime to size 3, and tried breeding him again, it shows that it will revert back to size 2.

3a. I think all 2 and 3 framed monsters can have more than 1 action per turn and it ranges from 1-3 to 3 turns. There are also 1-frame monsters that can have these but I guess you probably need to upgrade it to 2 or 3 frames and/or be Rebirthed.

3b. I don't know if they lost it. Looking at game-cap, I think the unmarked resistances are just normal resistances (0%). I don't think I have a complete picture about resistances either, but there are certain ways to add/improve resistances:

-Via skills, like those guard skills and other special skillsets that have these.

-Through breeding is another. I think monsters can gain resistances if they reach +25, +50 and/or +★. I don't think you can pass natural resistances of your parents to your offspring, unless you rebirth it and pass along a characteristic like 全ガード+ (All guard, resistances goes up one level) or something specific like マインドガード+ (Mind Guard, mind resistance goes up two levels).

-I think this is new to DQM2-3DS, but some characteristics like monster sizes (small, mega, giga and ultra giga) now have accompanying features to it, aside from the normal added damage (M and G sizes) and bonus skill growth (M and G), whole party attack (G, Super G):

>Small body - can sometimes act first, even though other monsters' stats (speed)/characteristics prevent this. I'm not entirely sure on this one.

>Megabody - Damage is increased depending on how much health you have left. I think it maxes to 2x damage very close to death. Zaki, poison, confusion, mind, paralysis, sleep, curse resistance goes up two steps. There's also this tension thing that I don't understand. :P

>Gigabody - Zaki, poison, confusion, mind, paralysis, sleep, curse resistance goes up three levels. The unknown tension also shows here. :P

>Ultra Gigabody - Zaki, poison, confusion, mind, paralysis, sleep, curse resistance up four steps, which can never be reduced by the opposing parties skills/characteristics(?). Damage cap increased to 9999. Attacks also deal a secondary damage in addition to the primary damage (like, Blarney hits for 500 and immediately afterwards, will hit for another albeit smaller damage, which is probably a percentage of the original damage).

4. Yup. By default those monsters now have those resistances. But then, Metal trait is also another trait that's been changed. We all know the damage reduction and MP consumption side of it. New to it are:

Any metal - Tango damage caused by poison, suicide, of balance, damage caused by Parupunte can not be prevented -> I dunno what this means, but I've been attacked by an unknown (to me) skill that has a visual effect of a balance scale O_o

Light metal - Mera, Gila, Io, Bagi, Hyado, Jibaria, Dane, Dolma, squash, flame breath, breath snowstorm resistance go up a notch.

Metal, Hard metal and Ultra Hard metal - Mera, Gila, Io, Bagi, Hyado, Jibaria, Dane, Dolma, squash, flame breath, breath snowstorm resistance up two steps.

Poison, paralysis, sleep, confusion, curse resistance go up a notch.

Yeah. Now, for metal monsters (and the rest of the monsters too) its: default resistances + metal trait

Also, these Size traits, metal traits and other traits (below) can be passed on to your offspring when synthed. There are accompanying changes to this if your the offspring does not naturally have this/these traits: Updated Source

Vb.  Reborn MonstersNew to DQM2 is the feature to rebirth monsters. Once you complete the first part of the story and obtain the ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®ã‚¿ã‚¯ãƒˆ Baton of Rebirth, youcan breed two monsters with a total of +100 or more to create a supermonster with the rank SS+★. This will consume one ã—ã‚“ã›ã„ã®å®ç  Gem ofRebirth, and allow the resulting monster to accquire two additionalcharacteristics; a third exclusive to that monster for reaching +100,and one from the other monster you breeded with, which will take the place of a characteristic of your choosing.Be careful, some combinations that bypass a certain threshold will also result in an additional, handicap characteristic being added to your monster. Each characteristic is worth either a + value or a minusvalue (exact values listed in characterisic section), and if the totalends up as a positive number, one or more of the following handicapswill be added based on monster rank and how many in the positive:アンラッキー Unlucky - Causes misses, procs occasionally with >75% HPオロオロ Flustered - Random chance of losing a turn強者ã®ã‚ˆã‚†ã† Strength Overload - Won't act on some even-numbered rounds自動MPダウン Auto MP Down - Lose 10% of MP at the end of a roundã—ょã†ã²MPx2 Consumed MPx2 - Abilities and spells cost twice as muchダメージ増ボディ Damage Increase Body - Take more damage as the battle                                   progresses on to later rounds.ã¡ã‚‡ã†ã¯ã¤ Aggravator - Chance to increase enemy's tension at battle startヘロヘロ Exhausted - Won't act on some odd-numbered roundsIn general, monsters can move up in body size to gain increased stats,deal more damage, and fill more party slots, and gain an additionalcharacteristic based on what size they move up to. However, monsterscannot move to a smaller body size. Also, any trait involving number ofturns on a giga or ultra-giga monster such as AI 3-4 actions per round or AI 4 actions per round cannot be transfered to a smaller monster.Also keep in mind that some characteristics will apply a stat modifier toyour monster's total stats, that will increase or decrease their maxHP, MP, atk, def, spd, and int values by a percentage.Similarly, because these modifiers exist, if you trade a characteristicon the list from a monster that has it inherently to remove it, theirstats will will rise, sometimes in an extreme manner. A good exampleis removing 4 actions per round from an ultra-giga monster like TrueDragon Lord or Gran Estark, which will result in  1000-1500 of each attribute and up to over 4000 HP. Here is a list of the modifiers:Note: all refers to every attribute not explicitly listed. Two sets arelisted for some modifers; the first applies if either light metal body orno damage modifying characteristic such as metal or hard metal body ispresent, the second applies with metal, hard metal, ultra hard metal bodySmall Body: HP*0.7, all*0.8   + metal: HP*0.7, def/spd*1.0, all*0.8Mega Body: HP/MP*1.5, all*1.05  + metal: HP/MP*1.5, def/spd*1.0, all*1.05Giga Body: HP/MP*2.0, all*1.1  + metal: HP/MP*2.0, def/spd*1.0, all*1.1Ultra Giga: HP/MP*2.5, all*1.15   + metal: HP/MP*2.5, def/spd*1.0, all*1.15AI 1-2 act: all*0.9   + metal: def/spd*1.0, all*0.86AI 1-3 act: all*0.8   + metal: def/spd*1.0, all*0.72AI 2 act: (Same as AI 1-3 act) + metal: "  " AI 2-3 act: all*0.7   + metal: def/spd*1.0, all*0.58AI 3 act: all*0.65 + metal: def/spd*1.0, all*0.51AI 3-4 act: all*0.62   + metal: def/spd*1.0, all*0.47AI 4 act: all*0.6 + metal: def/spd*1.0, all*0.44(The following are applied BEFORE the above, and only effect HP)Light Metal Body: HP*0.5Metal Body: HP*0.33Hard Metal Body: HP*0.25Ultra-Hard Metal Body: HP*0.2Always Magic Counter: HP*0.88Always Attack Counter: HP*0.75

Would also like to add that the trait Fast (is this the early bird trait?) and Ultra Fast, when passed on to the offspring, will yield negative results too:

ã“ã†ã©ã†ã¯ã‚„ã„ (How fast this) - When you take over in the nascent combination, poison, mind, paralysis, sleep, confusion resistances is lowered two steps.

超ã“ã†ã©ã†ã¯ã‚„ã„ (Ultra-fast action) - Faster than fast (lol :D). When you take over in the nascent combination, poison, mind, paralysis, sleep, confusion resistances decreases 5 steps.

In closing, anyone knows what the plus numbers mean here? The +20, +84, +90, +1260, etc...

29c12eq.jpg

The lower right part of that is: normal stat cap (175, 650, 650 etc), rebirthed (210, 780, 780, etc), megabody (227, 843, 590, etc) and gigabody (303, 1124, 618, etc)

@Democrobot

Sorry I dunno what Rainbow Bad Egg is :(... But here is Chocolate Golem's :D
Edited by Riffmaster

Aww They aren't gonna make a monster list like they did for the 1st 3DS monsters game? Or do they update it another time?

(Can't draw without any good references :( )

Edited by Neo_Mametchi

SNIP

Oh, well if it's just cosmetic, that eases my worries of trying to make something I think looks good, only for the game to go "enjoy your piece of garbage" and riddle it with terrible stats and traits because I didn't understand some bizarre system that was in place.

ã“ã†ã©ã†ã¯ã‚„ã„ is indeed the Early Bird trait; in Terry's Wonderland 3DS, they altered the trait so that it lowered resistance to status ailments by two stages (a stage is 0.25, so this would be -0.5), presumably to balance it out. In contrast, Last Word was made to INCREASE resistance to status ailments by two stages, again presumably to balance it out (most of the monsters with Last Word tend to have terrible Agility and couldn't dream of going first most of the time anyway).

I explained somewhat how resistance stages work in another topic, but basically they're applied additively, not multiplicatively; when a monster is neutral to something, the value is 1x, and the game will hide it from the monster's resistance list. However, there isn't a 1.25x resistance level (at least not before DQM2 3DS; I don't know if they've changed it); if a drop in resistance would result in a 1.25x resistance level, it skips to 1.5x, which is "vulnerable to" in English. If a monster becomes more resistant to something it is vulnerable to that would result in a 1.25x resistance level, it will skip to 1x; a two stage boost would result in 0.75x, or essentially half the normal effectiveness. 0x is "Xproof" in English, where X is whatever the resistance is for, so for example Frizzproof. Starting in Terry's Wonderland 3DS, a monster that would fall BELOW 0x will change the value to -1x, or "healed by" in English, but the game is fairly strict on when they'll actually do this - skillsets won't trigger it, but if you do the rank up system and pick the Resistance option, it would change all 0x into -1x. The next tier of resistance is reflection, but there's no way to get that.

The changes to stats based on addition of a metal body trait, Counteractivist, and Bouncer seem about the same as in Terry's Wonderland 3DS (only a handful of monsters "learned" the latter two through the rank-up system; it wasn't something you could pick with the ultimate combination feature, thankfully).

Looking at the picture, they list level numbers at the top of the columns. I can't read Japanese, though, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

All in all it looks like they actually care about balance and they seem to know what they're doing, which is more than can be said for Pokemon nowadays. They probably decided to tie the boosted status resistances for bigger monsters to the specific traits since now you can go Rita Repulsa on anything below 3-frames.

Edited by Shinryu

I just have one question... How exactly do you increase the size of a monster.

You can increase it by Rebirthing a monster of your choice. Equip the Staff of Rebirth (different from Phoenix(?) staff) and you will get an option on what trait you want your monster to get from the other parent. Choosing megabody or gigabody will move the monster a frame up. :D

Ultra gigabody can only be inherited by your montner though.

Edited by Riffmaster

You can increase it by Rebirthing a monster of your choice. Equip the Staff of Rebirth (different from Phoenix(?) staff) and you will get an option on what trait you want your monster to get from the other parent. Choosing megabody or gigabody will move the monster a frame up. :D

Ultra gigabody can only be inherited by your montner though.

Good to know. I was wondering how this worked. Can you make larger monsters smaller or does it only work to make them bigger?

No, you can't reduce monster size, afaik. Although, if you made a monster bigger through rebirthing, and you rebirth it again, it will go back to its original size along with its supposed stat changes. Unless you pick that size increasing trait again from the other parent in that second rebirthing process.

And any monster can get any trait this way? All of a sudden, this game got a ton more depth.

Yup! Any monster smaller monster can get bigger, except for G and Super G sized monsters. Only the montner (your monster partner) can get any size, up to Super G. Although you can upsize, actions per round is not included in this, although this is not a problem mostly because these rebirthed monsters usually gain an additional actions per round trait when upsized. There are some though that don't, and I believe these are monsters that are already attacking up to 3 times per round (1-3, 2-3 or 2) as their natural trait.

I think the small sized monsters are still the best in wifi battles. A team of 4 can have 12 skills, 24 traits and up to 12 actions per turn distributed to the party. This allows them to have several very overpowering combos that can nullify larger sized monsters' traits/skills (and d*** I can't even understand almost all of them). The only downside to that is performing the necessary actions per round, and 30 seconds (per round) for me is squat since I can't understand Japanese lol :D, so I just stick to my Super G monster. I don't care much about winning in wifi since I think the overall balance in this game is kinda bad. I just focus on getting through the wifi battle as fast as possible so that I can fight them again in my streetpass, and get the key they are sharing and scout monsters from them (highest allowed is A-rank). :D :D

So you can only bring rank A monsters in to wifi? Or just for streetpass?

• Upvote 1

Someone asked about how to get ニジゴロン, the rainbow egg monster, and it's recently been revealed how. In a promotion on SE's official Japanese website that began yesterday, you can enter your 3DS Friend Code (You must have participated in at least one GP, IIRC) and your Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light ID number (must be level 20) and you will get a code for a Manmodeus for Super Light and a code for the rainbow egg for DQM2. You also, of course, must have a SE Japan website account, which is easy enough to make. If you're playing both of these games, there's no reason not to do this. The rainbow egg monster is S-rank, so  this will likely be the only way to get it, barring another future event for it, since you can only scout A-rank streetpass monsters.