Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

Ah, never knew that. I played DQMJ2P, but I've never seen or synthesized him. The white one is called シルãƒãƒªãƒŒã‚¹ (Shirubarinusu). Just noticed also that both of them are Dragon monsters.

The guide doesn't have all the monsters. I think it totals up to 764 only out of 800+, which most of them we know/seen already and/or from previous games. I'll try to up more pics later/tomorrow.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

From what I can gather from the scans, the Queen Slime is a magic-based monster.

Some new monsters. Sorry for the google translate. First 2 S-ranked monsters are the result of synthesizing the D-ranked monsters. Nice AI 1-3 traits too for the D-ranked monsters! Dunno how to get them though. Some of them are mentioned here, which mentions something about dream eggs. And/Or maybe through events only. Check them here for their google translated data (search for their monster numbers).

God of military arts Kunikuzushi (武神クニクズシ)

war4gy.jpg

God of war Togamihime (è»ç¥žãƒˆã‚¬ãƒŸãƒ’メ)

xc2efq.jpg

KamiSusumu Geppaku (神将ゲッパク)

a5gm8n.jpg

KamiSusumu Beetle (神将コガãƒ)

5v68nb.jpg

KamiSusumu Sion (神将シオン) and  KamiSusumu sappanwood (神将スオウ)

2crm2ki.jpg

KamiSusumu Ceylan (神将セイラン) and KamiSusumu amnesty (神将タイシャ)

be8rj5.jpg

KamiSusumu Tetsuguro (神将テツグロ) and KamiSusumu Tokiwa (神将トキワ)

zojs5w.jpg

KamiSusumu Wenig (神将ベニヒ)

2vd0f7s.jpg

Edited by Riffmaster

Got stats for end boss' first form (the one you can make, rather).

Name: ç‹­é–“ã®é—‡ã®çŽ‹ (The King of Darkness, Hazama)

Family: ???

HP: 1875

MP: 750

Atk.: 552

Def.: 552

Agil.: 621

Wis.: 552

Total: 5454

TRAITS:

-Ultra Gigabody: This is a 4-frame monster. Damage inflicted is increased 1.3x. Physical attacks/skills hit all enemies twice; the first hit applies a 1.3x bonus, while the second hit applies a 1.1x bonus. Damage cap is increased to 9999.

-AI4 Times: This monster will act four times each round, even if a direct instruction is given.

-Early Bird: This monster will always act first, with few exceptions. If competing with another Early Bird monster, a monster using a skill with increased priority similar to the Early Bird bonus, or if this monster and another with Early Bird use a skill with the same level of priority, the monster with more Agility will act first. Resistance to Paralysis, Sleep, Confusion, Poison, and Inaction is reduced two stages (a stage is flat 0.25, so -0.5)

-Wave of Panic: At the start of each round, there is a chance this monster will use Wave of Panic on a random target.

-Giant Killer: Damage inflicted to Big Hitter/2-frame monsters is increased 1.25x. Damage inflicted to Grand Slammer/3-frame monsters is increased 1.5x.

-ã„ã‚ã¤: At the start of the battle, there is a chance this monster will intimidate each enemy, inflicting Inaction (there are three traits with this effect, and I'm unsure which one is which).

-å—ã‘æµã—: +25 Trait. This monster may repel physical attacks.

-強ガードブレイク: +50 Trait. Enemy resistance to this monster's (something) skills is reduced two stages, but MP consumption is doubled. No effect on immunity or higher. (Description: "相手ã®å…¨ã¦ã®è€æ€§ã‚’2段階下ã’ã‚‹ãŒã€æ¶ˆè²»MPã¯2å€ã«ãªã‚‹")

-Hidden Power: +Star Trait. After 6 rounds, this monster's Attack is increased one stage (1.5x). After 7 rounds, its Defense is increased one stage. After 8 rounds, its Agility is increased one stage. After 9 rounds, its Wisdom is increased one stage. After the first 10 rounds, this monster's Attack, Defense, Agility, and Wisdom are increased two stages (2x). (Description: "攻撃力ã€å®ˆå‚™åŠ›ã€ç´ æ—©ã•ã€è³¢ã•ãŒã€6~9ラウンドã®é–“1段階アップã—ã€10ラウンド目以é™ã¯2段階上ãŒã‚‹ã€‚")

I put the Jap. description by anything I wasn't sure I had made sense of from Google's Engrish. For Hidden Power, I actually have two guesses: the one above, and a different one where the monster's Attack, Defense, Agility, and Wisdom are all increased by one stage simultaneously, but the boost is applied randomly at any time between turns 6-9. He DOES have a unique skillset (which ofc shares his name), but I didn't feel like typing it up.

Edited by Shinryu

Dat.... Hidden Power trait O_o. It will probably a staple skill for wifi matches. And maybe it can be transferred to smaller sized monsters. A nearly OP skill, if not for it being activated only after turn 6.

Video of ç‹­é–“ã®é—‡ã®çŽ‹ (The King of Darkness, Hazama) vs. its second form :D

Edited by Riffmaster

My first monster stats of this thread. It's none other than one of the updated demon lords... (Sorry, Shinryu, I may have to use your descriptions for the newer traits! Oh, and I made some new names for most of the new traits in the "localized style.")

ã—ん・りゅã†ãŠã†/New (or god) dragon king/LordDraco/Neo-Dragonlord

Rank SS/Size 4/Dragon Family

Skillset: New (or God, context is unclear) Dragon King

Traits:

超ギガボディ/Super Giga Body/Base Breaker (damage inflicted is increased 1.3x; physical attacks/skills hit all enemies twice; the first hit applies a 1.3x bonus, while the second hit applies a 1.1x bonus; damage cap is increased to 9999)
AI4回行動/Fearsome Foursome (attacks 4 times in a row)
神ã®æ¯å¹/Divine Breath (resistance to breath attacks by the target is lowered by one stage)
ã„ã‚ã¤/Imposing (can immobilize the enemy party at the beginning of a battle)
ギャンブルカウンター/Gamble Counter (takes more damage, but can counterattack)
デインブレイク/Dein Break/Crafty Zapper (reduces opponents' resistance to Zap-type effects; has no effect on monsters who are impervious to Zap)
炎ブレスブレイク/Crafty Fire Breather (reduces enemies' resistance to Fire Breath; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Fire Breath) (+25)
ã¨ãã©ããƒã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ«ãƒˆ/Occasional Oomph (can occasionally cast Oomph at the start of a round) (+50)
秘ã‚ãŸã‚‹ãƒã‚«ãƒ©/Hidden Power (after 6-9 rounds, each stat is raised by one stage (attack on turn 6, defense on turn 7, agility on turn 8, and wisdom on turn 9; after the first 10 rounds, every stat is raised by two stages) (+★)
How to obtain: Dragonlord Ã— Orligon (breed)
HP: 2205
MP: 750
ATK: 511
DEF: 483
AGI: 580
WIS: 483
Feel free to comment.
Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

As you may have noticed in my playthroughs that I haven't synthed any monsters yet. I like a challenge, and I have a habit of not synthing any monsters until I get lots and lots... well maybe like 60 or so. After I clear Sea World, I'm gonna start synthing. My Walkthrough for this game will be coming lout on gamefaqs this March, so watch for it.

;) I'm liking that Queen Slime design, and I'm liking the progressive Gender equality in the Slime Society :D

神ã®æ¯å¹/Divine Breath (resistance to breath attacks by the target is lowered by one stage)

It's worth noting that there's a larger number of breath category skills in this game. God of war Togamihime (è»ç¥žãƒˆã‚¬ãƒŸãƒ’メ)'s skillset in particular teaches seven - they all have "Flute" in their names, but they're classified as breath skills. One restores HP to the party, one restores MP to the party, one boosts the party's Attack, another Defense, another Agility, and the last Wisdom. There's also one that was introduced in Terry's Wonderland 3D that does Zam and Woosh damage to all enemies and has a high chance of reducing their tension.

LordDraco's skillset is pretty solid and gives him most of the things he could want:

5: Kazap, 15: Scorch, 25: C-C-Cold Breath, 45: Sag Ward, 65: Sap Ward, 85: Gobstopper Ward, 110: ã›ã„ã—ã‚“ã¨ã†ã„ã¤/United Soul (Caravan Heart fanslation) (Ability skill, costs 15 MP. On the next round, the monster's number of turns is increased by 1), 150: Kazapple, 200: Lightning Storm, 250: Cremate

sooo i have no idea what to do again, i beat the giant bird and the boss right after it. is that the end of the post game? pretty sure i got some key after it so i think i still have something else to do. any help is nice, thanks.

It's worth noting that there's a larger number of breath category skills in this game. God of war Togamihime (è»ç¥žãƒˆã‚¬ãƒŸãƒ’メ)'s skillset in particular teaches seven - they all have "Flute" in their names, but they're classified as breath skills. One restores HP to the party, one restores MP to the party, one boosts the party's Attack, another Defense, another Agility, and the last Wisdom. There's also one that was introduced in Terry's Wonderland 3D that does Zam and Woosh damage to all enemies and has a high chance of reducing their tension.

Oh! I didn't know that! I'll make sure to update the Divine Breath description with what you just told me next time.

Oh, and by the way, couldn't find any stats for the Nameless King of Darkness, but I do know its breeding combination has to do with the King of the Dark Threshold (which was already posted on this topic as "The King of Darkness, Hazama"), its first form.

And now, time for another updated demon lord:

ジェノシドー/Genosidoh/Malrocide (a name I made up myself; a combination of "Malroth" and "genocide," since the Japanese version also went with "genocide" and "Sidoh")

Rank SS/Size 4/??? Family

Skillset: Genosidoh

Traits:

超ギガボディ/Super Giga Body/Base Breaker (damage inflicted is increased 1.3x; physical attacks/skills hit all enemies twice; the first hit applies a 1.3x bonus, while the second hit applies a 1.1x bonus; damage cap is increased to 9999)
AI4回行動/Fearsome Foursome (attacks 4 times in a row)
ã‚„ã¿ã®ã¯ã©ã†/Wave of Panic (triggers Wave of Panic (impairs the attributes of an opposing monster)
ã„ããªã‚Šå†¥ç•Œã®éœ§/Sudden Underworld Fog (can trigger Underworld Fog (causes all healing abilities to hurt instead of heal) without warning)
ザキブレイク/Zaki Break/Crafty Whacker (reduces enemy resistance to Whack-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Whack) 
ベタンブレイク/Betan Break/Crafty Donker (reduces enemy resistance to Donk-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Donk) 
ドルマブレイク/Dhoulma Break/Crafty Zammer (reduces enemy resistance to Zam-type spells; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Zam) (+25)
ã¨ãã©ã冥界ã®éœ§/Occasional Underworld Fog (can occasionally trigger Underworld Fog (causes all healing abilities to hurt instead of heal) (+50)
秘ã‚ãŸã‚‹ãƒã‚«ãƒ©/Hidden Power (after 6-9 rounds, each stat is raised by one stage (attack on turn 6, defense on turn 7, agility on turn 8, and wisdom on turn 9; after the first 10 rounds, every stat is raised by two stages) (+★)
How to obtain: Malroth Ã— Blarney the blue serpent (breed)
HP: 2295
MP: 900
ATK: 552
DEF: 442
AGI: 504
WIS: 442
Feel free to comment.

So I played around with a monster maker on a Jap. site for DQM2 3DS (the one like the site for Terry's Wonderland 3D). From what I can tell, how the new trait tutoring mechanic works is that you erase one of your monster's present traits, and replace it with a different one. As far as I can tell, you can have a monster get any trait this way, within reason (no, your 1-frame monster doesn't get to have the 4-frame body trait). To the right of this option, however, was listed a few negative traits: Foot DraggerDisenchantedLate Riser, all those things.

What I don't get is what it's for; while you could choose one of them, you could also choose "None," and leave it alone. I also see no real reason why you would want to give your monster a negative trait.

Let's see if the metal king death star has improved any:

メタルスター/Metal star/Metal king death star

Rank SS/Size 3/Slime Family
Skillset: Seal
Traits:
ギガボディ/Giga Body/Grand Slammer (attacks strike all enemies and damage dealt by skills and abilities increases)
AI 2~3回行動/Tactical Master (attacks 2-3 times, even when directly given an order)
メタルボディ/ Metal Body (cuts damage sustained from enemy attacks to 1/3)
ã«ã’ã‚ã—/Escape Artist (monster will always be able to flee from battle)
ã²ã‚“死㧠呪文会心/Magical Desperado (a spell-based equivalent of Desperado; increases the chance of haywire spells when HP is extremely low)
ã¨ãã©ãインテ/Occasional Ping (occasionally casts Ping on the triggerer) (+25)
ã„ããªã‚Šèµ¤ã„霧/Sudden Red Mist (can trigger Red Mist (seals off all slash moves for a few turns) without warning at the start of a turn) (+50)
スタンダードキラー/Standard Killer (deals heavy damage to Small Body and Standard Body monsters) (+★)
How to obtain: Liquid metal king slime Ã— Sliderk robo (breed)
HP: 341 (sliiiiiiiiightly higher compared to TW3D's 340HP)
MP: 731 (lower compared to TW3D's 795MP)
ATK: 211 (lower compared to TW3D's 250ATK)
DEF: 1500 (lower compared to TW3D's 1600DEF)
AGI: 1110 (lower compared to TW3D's 1200AGI)
WIS: 785 (lower compared to TW3D's 1000WIS)
Feel free to comment.

Well I think all the metal slimes got nerfed in relation to Terry's. :(

yes but a metal slime with forbearance was annoying as heck, extra annoying if it was a diamond slime with it, hp and mp auto recovery? anyone say never ending tank? of course it might of only been slightly more annoying than it should since i only put a little over 100+ hours into terrys, so my team wasnt anything that special. i had like 360+ hours in monster joker. but still lol anyways hoping i can improve in monsters 2 again :)

Well, Metal Slimes were so imba in Terry, so they nerfed them. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Now, if we could please get the stats for the Nimzo upgrade size 4 thingy(I'm assuming that he has one), that would be great. Nimzo was and still is my favorite final boss.

Well, Metal Slimes were so imba in Terry, so they nerfed them. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Now, if we could please get the stats for the Nimzo upgrade size 4 thingy(I'm assuming that he has one), that would be great. Nimzo was and still is my favorite final boss.

There is no Nimzo one. The only slot 4 boss monsters are Zoma, LordDraco and Malroth.

Now I wanna play it. Problem is, I can't import at all, even with mum's permission, and I really don't need another 3DS. Localize it, goddamn it!

Anyway:

ドラゴンマシン/Dragon machine
Rank S/Size 2/Material Family
Skillset: Mime
Traits:
メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)
AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (acts twice in succession)
会心 出やã™ã„/Critical Massacre (doubles the rate of critical hits)
メタルキラー/Metal Killer (reduces Metal Body traits by one level: Ultra-Hard Metal>Hard Metal>Metal>Light Metal)
ã¨ãã©ããƒã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ«ãƒˆ/Occasional Oomph (can occasionally cast Oomph at the beginning of a turn) (+25)
最後ã®ã‚ãŒã/Last Gasp (when this monster takes damage greater than current HP, the remaining damage is dealt to the attacking monster)  (+50)
スタンダードキラー/Standard Killer (deals heavy damage to Small Body and Standard Body monsters) (+★)
ライトメタルボディ/Light Metal Body (damage taken is halved, while MP consumption increases x2) (+★, when upgraded to Grand Slammer)
How to obtain: Coatol × EvilMech (breed)
HP: 1796 (lower compared to TW3D's 1850HP)
MP: 473 (higher compared to TW3D's 430MP)
ATK: 738 (lower compared to TW3D's 800ATK)
DEF: 927 (lower compared to TW3D's 1000DEF)
AGI: 927 (lower compared to TW3D's 1000AGI)
WIS: 464 (lower compared to TW3D's 508WIS)
Feel free to comment.