Cobi and Tara's Adventure 3D Megathread

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Luca's Wonderful Mysterious Keys 

7Mc7f8v.jpg

Screenshots (image heavy):

dq_monsters_2-1.jpgdq_monsters_2-10.jpgdq_monsters_2-11.jpgdq_monsters_2-12.jpgdq_monsters_2-13.jpgdq_monsters_2-14.jpgdq_monsters_2-15.jpgdq_monsters_2-16.jpgdq_monsters_2-17.jpgdq_monsters_2-18.jpgdq_monsters_2-19.jpgdq_monsters_2-2.jpgdq_monsters_2-20.jpgdq_monsters_2-21.jpgdq_monsters_2-4.jpgdq_monsters_2-5.jpgdq_monsters_2-6.jpgdq_monsters_2-7.jpgdq_monsters_2-8.jpgdq_monsters_2-9.jpg004.jpg011.jpg010.jpg009.jpg

Information:

- A remake of the Gameboy Color games Dragon Warrior Monsters: Cobi's Adventure and Tara's Adventure

- February 6th release for Japan! Thanks to DranzerX13

- For the Nintendo 3DS system

- Features over 800 monsters 

- No news on whether it keeps the Key system from the originals yet

- Make custom monsters out of other parts of monsters. (Using four parts), you can create some lovely monsters, such as Witch Slimes, and it's hinted that you may be able to do custom textures, although don't take my word for it! Credit to KiTa

- New G-Type monsters, which are 4 spotters!

- New over world abilities; Threaten, by quickly turning around to spook a monster! Crouch, to attempt to avoid a monster when it's pursuing you! Whistle at far away monsters to provoke them to attack you! And dance with an enemy monster, because why not?

- Both Coby and Tara can jump now, and even fly in certain areas for short periods of time later on!

- Blacksmithing is now in the game, where you can craft new weapons and bolster old ones. You can also use weapons in multiplayer now, maybe giving your monsters an edge against your opponent! Credit to DranzerX13

- You get a special â˜… weapon at the beginning of the game, allowing you to upgrade it along the course of the game.

Now, who's looking forward to (not) getting this game? I'm gonna be getting it day 1, so stay tuned!

Edited by Proshall
  • Upvote 9
  • Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought that now that this has a release date, we could consolidate this all into one thread again. I'll update the OP when applicable information comes out.   Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru and Lu

Yeah...we're never getting this game unless it gets fan translated, so I really can't look forward to it much.   It does look really good though, just like their work with the first game.

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!   I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system tho

Can't wait to not play this game in English! SE is so great to their fans!

I recently played through the GBC version for the first time and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the key system though but I did have other games on my backlog that I wanted to play so I pretty much did the main story and that was it. The random worlds seemed too repetitive with the only goal to get stronger so for me there was really no point. Now if they added some sort of super boss that required grinding in key worlds then would be more inclined to do them.

• Upvote 5

yes!!! i knew this was coming out before but i didnt know it was going to be released in january?!?! i cant wait to get it :) i recently got terrys wonderland about 2 months ago now ill have this?!?! im a happy camper :) looks amazing btw and umm 800+ monsters? count me in :) whats the key system though? i never played the original monster series.

• Upvote 2

In the second game you go to different worlds by going through a door in the main area instead of the traveler's gates used in the first game.  You go to different worlds by getting different keys; some of them lead to story worlds that progress the story and others you can get randomly and lead to generic worlds that have a few extra monsters to fight and catch.

• Upvote 2

The key system was similar to DQIX 's grotto system. You randomly found keys (some were story-specific and needed) with these odd names. The name determined the types of monsters and how rare they were in the worlds.

• Upvote 2

well i cant wait for this game, day 1 buy online if i can get it :) i mean 800+ monsters?!?! i cant even comprehend that many lol i thought the 600 from terrys wonderland was insane. i know its probabbly gonna be alot of the same monsters but still thats a big number in my opinion :) tons of possibilitys :) also what does the "super G sized monsters" mean? anyone know? is it just a 3 slot monster thats even stronger?

• Upvote 2

I couldn't help but notice something on the site:

side_img.png

Look familiar? He/She/It was in the trailer. Looks like they're pretty important, like I suspected. What their role is, I'm not sure, though it most likely has to do with the postgame.

Edited by Shinryu
  • Upvote 1

I'm actually somewhat expecting Blarney the Blue Serpent to be a 4-frame monster, if only because of how crazy that image suggests its body size and length are.

Blarney is a totally original name and I definitely didn't pull it from anything I may or may not have rewatched recently.

Honest.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually somewhat expecting Blarney the Blue Serpent to be a 4-frame monster, if only because of how crazy that image suggests its body size and length are.

Blarney is a totally original name and I definitely didn't pull it from anything I may or may not have rewatched recently.

Honest.

AND SO THE POWERPUFF GIRLS ARE BORN

But there are monsters that are as big if not bigger than Blarney the Blue Serpent, such as Stromgarde Citadel and possibly even Estark and Bjorn, which are all 3 slotters.

Edit: Z1cJYlP.png 

This thing is appearing a lot, there's an info page now, but I probably can't translate it; http://www.dragonquest.jp/dqm2/info/

Edited by Proshall
  • Upvote 1

The page, like the Terry's Wonderland page, has alt-text with the Japanese in it.  Google Translate works on that.  So if you google translate and then mouse over the text, it'll show up in Pigeon English.

• Upvote 1

This game looks specular and with over 800 monsters, that will be a lot of gameplay just to scout 'em all!

• Upvote 4

It's interesting how they said of the custom monster "...that you can bring on an adventure...".

I wonder if it means that there is a special side-quest for which you can use your monster, but otherwise it is unavailable for the main quest / Wi-Fi.  Or maybe you really can just mix and match to make any monster combination out of the 800-odd monsters that are already in this game.  The number of potential combinations would be mind-blowing if there isn't some kind of restriction on it.

Very interesting development in any case and I look forward to learning more about it.

"4 different monster parts" I wonder if it works by size or not? Probably does. Either way, I think it'll take the Great Dracky body and the Goodybag mouth. Haven't decided on what else yet. This should be fun!