Hayao Miyazaki Retires!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-01/hayao-miyazaki-to-retire-from-making-feature-films

When I heard this I couldn't help but feel sad. I've loved Miyazaki's works ever since I was a kid when I was introduced to his films through Spirited Away, which remains to this day to be my all-time favorite film. The article said he might still do smaller works but he's pretty much called it quits when it comes to full-length movies. Do any of you have a particular favorite movie of his?

Mononoke Hime(Princess Mononoke and Kaze no Tani no Naushika(Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind) are my 2 favorite works of him, but I just love all of his works can't deny that.

He will be missed, Princess Mononoke was one of the first "contemporary" anime-style movies I saw growing up.

... I'm downloading Vampire Hunter D. >_>

I was sad to hear this bit of news. I saw a few of his movies while growing up, such as Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away, but it wasn't until I saw Howl's Moving Castle that I really became interested in his work as well as other Studio Ghibli productions. That film was (and still is) simply amazing, and to this day it's still one of my all time favorite movies.

Some of my other favorite Miyazaki movies are Castle in the Sky, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and My Neighbor Totoro.

Even though Miyazaki has retired, his legacy and his many wonderful films will no doubt live on for a long time.

Honestly I'm not a fan of studio ghibli, but it's better than most anime I've seen. Castle in the sky was ok, though I haven't seen it in quite a while. I didn't like Howl's moving Castle, I found it rather boring. However, I have heard that it doesn't follow the book very well. (I haven't read the book, I don't know.)

I'm not a big fan of spirited away, but I like the stomping head guys that the old crow lady has in her house. When I saw that movie for the first time, I had just been playing Dragon Warrior VII and they instantly reminded me of the FireGiant boss. (Also, now, MegaMoai's)

I have loved all the movies I have seen created by him. I only recently watched Laputa, though, and I found that it is exactly the genre I have always liked, and ended up being my current favorite (that is saying something, I thought I could have no favorites with him).

I could say so many good things about each of his movies.