Sign in to follow this  
Arn

Mighty No. 9

No. I'm looking forward to this.

Capcom effectively killed Megaman, and I'm glad Inafune is picking up the pieces however he can.

It's good he's at our Beck and Call. (( HEHE. ))

Awesome! I missed out on the old mega man games when they were still new (born a bit late...) but this project looks promising. I'd totally back it if I had money...

So its basically a *sister* game to Mega Man? Awesome! :D

No, it's only Inafune way of upsetting Crapcom and pleasing us Megaman fans. :P

Backed it up. Seems interesting and something I would definitely play.

I never had any quarrel with Capcom. I enjoyed the Megaman X games, and I enjoyed using him in the vs. series, but I guess I am not a big Megaman fan per-se. I am a big fan of many of the other Capcom series', including Monster Hunter, Dead Rising, and Resident Evil (yes, including 6). Capcom is in my top list of favorite developers/publishers.

That because you are not MM fan or you are at least into much on the fandom.

Just look what Crapcom did on the past 3 years realed to MM and you will know.

3 games cancelled, bullshit character on Tekken vs SF and making damn social games that no1 play.

So its basically a *sister* game to Mega Man? Awesome! :D

More of a spiritual successor. It legally has no connection to Mega Man and isn't endorsed by the company but the fans and Inafune can look at each other and sarcastically say, "No, Capcom, it is not a Mega Man game (*wink wink*)."

I'm seriously thinking of donating for some of the goodies that you get but I only play PS3 and 3DS these days so I can only hope they reach the 2.5M goal (which I'm sure won't be a problem).  This isn't really a sister game to the Rockman series, this IS Rockman had Capcom not been little $#!&@es about it.  I'm sure Infune already had all this planned out in his head and just replaced Rockman with Beck.  I've been a huge fan since Rockman 2 (3 being my all time favourite) and I really enjoyed all the 2-D pre-PSX X games.  I don't know why but the jump to 32-bit just didn't have the same feel, and I'm not talking graphically.  Mighty No.9 looks to have the same feel as New Super Mario Bros.  same gameplay and feel, but a prettier coat of paint.  2015 can't come soon enough for this gem.

Steam is really trying to get ahold of Megaman... check the taskbar.

I want to donate but I got no money D:

At least with this Capcom will realize that gamers want more Mega Man. For a game that is only at the CONCEPT stage of development, with nothing other than art and gameplay elements detailed, Mighty No. 9 has made a buttload of money, far more than what it needed.

What? You have no idea how costly developing a game can be right? Just look at the team working on this $#!& for crying out loud.

I've saw waaaaaaaaay worse things being pleaded.

I gotta agree. Game development in this large a scale goes well beyond seven figures. The kick starter was more to check fan reaction.

It's obvious fan reaction is positive, and they will use the extra capital to make the game super awesome.

I'm aware that developing a game is crazy expensive, but I was simply saying, considering where they were at this stage of development, with nothing other than the concept set in stone, they have made a lot of money. And I did mention that this was partly to prove to Capcom that Mega Man is what people want. But for how much they wanted, and considering how much time is left on the Kickstarter, plus the fact that they are working with a small development team that will probably be earning a reduced pay, and that the game won't even be available until 18 months after the Kickstarter is done, they have made tons of money, more than what they asked.

Plus, it's also important to keep in mind that this is a platformer, not some ridiculously advanced Elder Scrolls game, the cost of developing it with what they have to work with shouldn't be THAT expensive. But still, I agree with you Ryu. They probably had most, if not all, of what they needed to develop the game before they launched the Kickstarter. The initial capital they asked for was probably to relieve the cost on themselves.