Sign in to follow this  
Democrobot

Contest #103-Whip Up Some Whimsical Weaponry

maxi_axe.pngpentarang.pngseraphs_bow.pnghandrills.pngblack_tortoise_fan.pngstarsmasher.png

paring_knife.pngtrident.pnglaundry_pole.pngsoldiers_sword.pngsceptre_of_gitt.pnggiga_gringham_whip.png

Welcome to The Training Grounds of Denizia. Here, we train day in and day out to perfect our battle skills. Recently, all of our weapons have been stolen and with gold funds low, we cannot afford to buy more. Royal Fool Democrobot announces:

Use your vast alchemy skills to create an array of new weapons. If your fellow soldiers deem your alchemy skills adequate, thou shall receive a promotion in rank and a badge to prove it. Thou must seeketh to adhere strictly to the objective and rules, lest your submissions be stricken from the Imperial Scrolls of Honor:

Objective:
Create a weapon that you would like to see as a weapon for any upcoming DQ game. The image can be submitted in various forms, such as sprite, drawing, lego, clay, sculpture, ect. Submissions must contain an image and a very brief description of any added effects(if any).

Rules:
1) You may submit a maximum of two entries for this contest
2) Submissions must be sent to me via PM
3) You have until Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:00PM MST(Mountain Standard Time) to send me your submissions
4) Please submit your own original content only. You may not submit work that someone else has done. You may, however work with somebody.
5) BE ORIGINAL

Accepted submissions will be voted on by the Den community, so please do your best to keep your submissions anonymous. I will post all content to this thread as I receive it. The top three voted submissions will be crowned as our winners. If you have any questions, ask here or via PM.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

• Upvote 5

Hehehe.

• Upvote 2

Do we need to draw someone wielding the weapon? Or is just the weapon alone fine?

Do we need to draw someone wielding the weapon? Or is just the weapon alone fine?

I was thinking that too! Maybe I give it a shoot in this one!

Either will work. You can do it without the person, but if you want to draw the person, you can.

I have no skills in any kind of graphic art but I have not done any contests yet on here and this one sounds interesting! Im going to think about this tonight.

• Upvote 1

I also want to point out that you can make weapons that don't exist, like nunchuks etc. and flails can be submitted.

The first batch of entries.

Pooper Scooper

msg-8293-0-09953100-1378832712_thumb.jpgA specialized staff for collecting cowpats and horse manure!

Dark Sunblade

msg-8293-0-68641200-1378832721_thumb.jpgA sword that gains power when it's exposed to the sun.

Oh man, I wish I knew graphic design or could draw.

Oh man, I wish I knew graphic design or could draw.

You can always team up with somebody.

Entry alert!

The Strawberry Spear

msg-6727-0-87424100-1379169474.jpgInspired by my favourite fruit, a poison tipped blade is actually hidden within the giant strawberry head. Plus, the soothing aroma of the fruit can calm the mind, and restore a small amount of MP if used as an item in battle. While the number is small, it will not brake like a Prayer Ring.

And here are a few more.

Mirage Wheel

DQWheelWep.jpgA peculiar boomerang imbued with enchanted fog. May Dazzle enemies it hits. Allows for guaranteed escape from non-boss battles when used as an item.

Incarnu-Morpher

Incanu-Morpher.jpgA weapon that changes forms if used as an item while equipped in battle. Each form has a different power and effect from the rest.

Eletrco-blade

bth_LightSaber_zpsdaa79ec9.png?t=1379263A mystical glowing blade that reflects lightning-based attacks. Casts Dazzle when used as an item.

Grrr, just realized I was too late to enter this. :(

Sign in to follow this