what are you playing?

Most Limited Run Games releases are “worth” the cost if you decide you don’t want it and haven’t opened it and sell it on eBay. In that sense, they retain their value, or even rise in value. But usually their prices are higher than only a fan might want to spend for a physical copy. So you have to ask yourself if you care enough about the particular game (or in this case, games) to spend more than it’s inherent value to own it. Because otherwise I’m sure the digital version is just as good.
But what happens when you open and then decide you don't want it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently dying from too many games but that's because I'm 100% against buying used games, so I always buy day one   PS3: Dragon's Crown, Ducktales Remastered, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F, Kille

Started playing Guacamelee 2 this morning. The soundtrack and visual for this game are so what I love. I love good vibrant colors in games. The humor is super well done too. Most lines get a chuc

I DID IT!!! The Champions Ballad DLC has been completed! Man, that final trial was pretty sweet and I really enjoyed all the puzzle solving you had to do. The battle that followed the dungeon was exce

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

But what happens when you open and then decide you don't want it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Depending on the game you could still make a decent profit on it or break even. I’m sure a Castlevania collection could easily retain its value opened.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished off Later Alligator. Pretty good and funny indie game overall, but there was some dialogue that didn’t quite hit the mark for me, not to mention how some characters were handled. That’s subjective though, and even those times the dialogue or characters didn’t do anything for me I wouldn’t say it was outright bad. Many of the characters had some pretty funny lines and interactions with you and with each other, and the variety of designs kept everyone feeling unique considering every character is an alligator!

I thought this was a one and done game in terms of seeing all the content, but there’s essentially a NG+ that drops you off at the beginning but let’s you skip having to redo any character events you’ve already done. Beating the game with 100% actually let’s you skip the entire game and re-watch the ending if you want too.

I really like the artstyle and point and click nature of the game. The way the game animates its characters and has the world in black and white reminds me of the show Dr. Katz from Comedy Central. There’s some good relaxing music, and the ending for helping all the characters actually caught me off guard. The game did a good job subverting expectations, that’s for sure. Also, really liked the goofy unlockables you could find by collecting all the puzzle pieces and by helping in the cellphone mini game. Those were hilarious.

Overall I’m glad I finished the game. While not everything clicked with me, the game was fun and was visually fantastic. When the writing hit the mark, it did its job and made me laugh out loud. Now I can move on to another indie game when the mood strikes.

• Like 1

I have been spending way too much time on Halo MCC then I admit. Ever since I bought the game, I keep going back to it. It is a nice time killer when I get frustrated with Nocturne.

The new Guilty Gear is out. But I have no idea when I will pick it up. All the dumb things about the game just stacked up over the past year to move it from a day one purchase to whenever I can get it on sale.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Twinkie said:

The new Guilty Gear is out. But I have no idea when I will pick it up. All the dumb things about the game just stacked up over the past year to move it from a day one purchase to whenever I can get it on sale.

I recently saw some Strive ranked gameplay on YouTube from Dotodoya (who I watch for his Dragon Ball FighterZ videos) and I was not impressed with Guilty Gear Strive at all. I had not seen much gameplay but I fell down a rabbit hole of information and...boy, this was not what I was expecting from a Guilty Gear game. It reminds me too much of Street Fighter with the slower gameplay, and I don’t like that.

Also, personal gripe, I don’t like Faust’s redesign. I like the silliness of Faust, but the new look he has with the creepy factor and overly shadowed design while still having silly attacks like the Afro throw...WTF is happening here?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I recently saw some Strive ranked gameplay on YouTube from Dotodoya (who I watch for his Dragon Ball FighterZ videos) and I was not impressed with Guilty Gear Strive at all. I had not seen much gameplay but I fell down a rabbit hole of information and...boy, this was not what I was expecting from a Guilty Gear game. It reminds me too much of Street Fighter with the slower gameplay, and I don’t like that.

Also, personal gripe, I don’t like Faust’s redesign. I like the silliness of Faust, but the new look he has with the creepy factor and overly shadowed design while still having silly attacks like the Afro throw...WTF is happening here?

It is a damn shame too. Outside Faust's redesign, I really like how the characters look. The animations and soundtrack is REALLY good. Just that everything else is just... ehhh. 

Probably not the biggest disappointment, but I am hoping they end up patching up the game down the road. Xrd got a lot of love. Hopefully Strive will as well to make it a decent competitive game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing a Metric ton of Deep Rock Galactic. I can't get enough of this game. I had never even heard of it until someone gifted me a copy of it a month ago today. I expected to play it with my friend until he or I got tired of it, but I've been playing almost daily for the last month. Some of it's features are why I love it:

• Space Dwarves
  • Customizable facial hair
  • 1-4 Player co-op PVE
  • NO PVP
  • Procedural generated caverns
  • 100% destructible environments

There is plenty to do to keep me engaged. Four classes to choose from. Different Hazard ratings (Difficulty) will affect your after mission stats so you earn more if you play on more difficult settings. Last week, I unlocked a mission assignment for 'Lethal' difficulty, the hardest difficulty. I can't wait to unlock that to play with my friends.

On top of that, you upgrade gear for each class, so the materials you get from the missions are used to improve your gear in an organic way. You unlock paint jobs and other visual changes for weapons from upgrading your weapon. There are even things that will spawn in the level that will unlock stuff like new colors for your gear and victory poses for your Dwarf when you finish a mission. Heck, you even get to upgrade how your Pickaxe looks from finding parts in the missions.

Once each class hits level 25, you get to promote them and you get to access even more content because of this. I just hit 25 with my Driller so I have to do my Promotion mission set, then I unlock new features to use, one of which I am really looking forward to. "Deep Dives".

I know these are going to be good because there is an achievement that says "Finish a Deep Dive in 45 minutes". Regular missions take me 30-40 minutes already to do, so I am super looking forward to what Deep Dives are all about. I have looked up absolutely nothing about this game, and it has been the best decision I've made.

I cannot get enough of this game. I'm already thinking about playing when I get home, and that's in 6 hours from now.

• Like 1