what are you playing?

I picked up and played Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. I am not even done with the first season and I think I am already done with the game unless they patch it soon. I have a list of complaints.

• You use devices to craft one item at a time like Stardew. But they take up 2x2 squares and you need TONS of them. So your farm is going to look bad with these machines all over.
  • Character dialogue is a joke. Not a deal breaker with me. But all the villagers in the game have a personality of a cardboard box.
  • Events were bad. I only did the Easter Egg Hunt. But that event was only a cutscene and no actual gameplay like previous titles. A lot of fan favorite events are apparently not in the game either.
  • The framerate is an insult. The game drops massive frames all over. Factor in the 100 machines and animals on your farm and your game is going to be lagging like crazy after a couple in game weeks.
  • Game Balance is terrible. I can afford and get anything I want after two in game weeks. Feels like there is no good steady progression.,
  • Loading screens galore
  • The good marriage candidates I want are locked behind DLC.

The game has some good points. But it is all drowned out by the terrible things about this game. Especially the performance. This game MIGHT be worthwhile if you pick it up for PC. But I would avoid the Switch version. The developers mentioned that they plan on patching the game to improve on all those issues. But I really don't know if they will hold their word on it. I am sick and tired of this trend of fixing games after release.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently dying from too many games but that's because I'm 100% against buying used games, so I always buy day one   PS3: Dragon's Crown, Ducktales Remastered, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F, Kille

Breath of the Wild has finally been finished! Man, Hyrule Castle was an awesome final area and I’m really glad I waited until the end of my game to fully explore it. The music was epic, plenty of good

I picked up Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town on the Switch. Really enjoying it. I actually prefer it over Stardew Valley. I don't feel as stressed when it comes to the game. No quests and suc

Posted Images

I'm still on Guacamelee 2. It's been a fantastic game so far.

I do think that the two Guacamelee games are some of my favorite modern games. There isn't anything about them that I hate, and I can't really say that about the majority of the games I play these days. Atmosphere, music, character design, gameplay mechanics... It's all great stuff. I might have to play through the first game again after this one since I haven't played through it since...2015 or so.

• Like 1

Yeah, so I am putting POOT away for now. The thing that was keeping me invested into the game was the mining. Since it is a massive improvement and really well done. It also doesn't lag in there. Since my last post, I suppose I can mention some positives.

• The music is surprisingly good
  • Best mining system. No stupid and shallow combat. Just dodging moles that drain stamina.
  • The game boots up and has a functioning title screen

Really all I can say about it. The frame rate is just getting worse as I progress. The progression pacing isn't as bad as I thought originally.

Gonna start up Grandia 2 tonight.

• Like 1

Been jumping between non-RPGs, but have been playing more of Bastion again. I’m trying to finally beat this darn game so I can play the other two Super Giant games, Transistor and Hades. Bastion has been good but boy, you need to learn to reflect enemy attacks perfectly to avoid damage. The dodge roll has no invincible frames on it, so it’s kind of useless in combat in my opinion.

• Like 1

Finished Bastion, and it was good. I feel like the gameplay was finally clicking towards the end of the game, and my opinion on the full experience has improved. Personally I didn’t care for the narrow paths the game throws at you a lot, and sometimes it felt like you had to deal with too many enemies at once, even though I was playing on Normal.

Still, the game was fun overall, and as I said, my opinions did improve over time, especially in regards to the narrative and world design. This is one of those games where I would recommend playing it for the story more than anything, and if you can get it for $3 like I did, go for it. It’s got some wonderful music too, and I’m thinking of picking up the soundtrack if I can.

On a new, very stupid quest to play every Nintendo published 3DS game. As a way to not consider this wasted time,I'll probably do a little fanart for each and compile my thoughts about all of them in a 10 hour video. The list is 5 pages long and has a bunch of RPGs so I don't expect to be done with it for a few years.

Right now I'm play New Super Mario Bros 2,which I could give all my thoughts about after playing it for 10 minutes but eh I'll probably complete it

• Like 1
On a new, very stupid quest to play every Nintendo published 3DS game. As a way to not consider this wasted time,I'll probably do a little fanart for each and compile my thoughts about all of them in a 10 hour video. The list is 5 pages long and has a bunch of RPGs so I don't expect to be done with it for a few years.
Right now I'm play New Super Mario Bros 2,which I could give all my thoughts about after playing it for 10 minutes but eh I'll probably complete it
I just got that game the other day. That bad?

Whew, what an ambitious goal. I don't very often visit the Tube of You, but maybe my goal in a few years should be to watch all 10 hours of your upcoming review!
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I just got that game the other day. That bad?

Whew, what an ambitious goal. I don't very often visit the Tube of You, but maybe my goal in a few years should be to watch all 10 hours of your upcoming review!

Well,I wouldn't say it's bad,just not very innovative. If you played any of the New Super Mario games,you have basically played all of them. I'd still say they are quality games,just a bit bland and repetitive. It's kind of like eating a decent pizza without any toppings; yeah it's pretty good, very filling and tasty,but only because it's pizza (which is naturally good). You'd probably want some toppings on it but there's really nothing there.

With that said, I haven't played any New Super Marios since the Wii U released,so I'm enjoying it more than I expected.

• Like 1

I ended up playing a lot of multiplayer games in the last couple weeks. After wanting to play it for a while, I ended up getting the Halo Master Chief Collection and have been spamming matches a lot. I have a ton of nostalgia for some of these games since I played an obsessive amount of Halo 1-3 back during my high school days. I feel like I am reliving my "Halo dude bro" years again.

I am really thankful they released it on PC. Just a shame that Rare Replay is still Xbox exclusive. Literally the only Xbox One game that I would even bother with right now.