what are you playing?

On 1/5/2021 at 10:32 AM, Bururian said:

In previous years, I got a game called 'Dungeon of the Endless' which is a Tower Defense rogue like game. They have a whole franchise on the 'Endless' aspect of it and have made a few other games. For the last day of the steam sale, I got Endless Legend, which is a 4X game like Civ. I also picked up Endless Space, which is kind of like Stellaris as far as I can tell. I got it for free, though.

Also started playing Dungeon of the Endless again because that game really is my jam. It's a lot of fun.

I haven't played Endless Space yet. But Endless Legend is petty good. It isn't the best 4X game out there, but still worth the time. I still need to get around on trying out Dungeon of the Endless.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently dying from too many games but that's because I'm 100% against buying used games, so I always buy day one   PS3: Dragon's Crown, Ducktales Remastered, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F, Kille

Started playing Guacamelee 2 this morning. The soundtrack and visual for this game are so what I love. I love good vibrant colors in games. The humor is super well done too. Most lines get a chuc

I DID IT!!! The Champions Ballad DLC has been completed! Man, that final trial was pretty sweet and I really enjoyed all the puzzle solving you had to do. The battle that followed the dungeon was exce

Posted Images

So, a week or two ago All of the Lego Harry Potter games were on sale on the eShop. My fiancé, who is a total non-gamer, is a Harry Potter geek. 

I bought the games in hopes she would eventually try them out. Yesterday we fired them up and enjoyed about 90 minutes together. It was great. 

I’m not a huge fan of the style of the games but it was nice to share the Hobby with her. 

Hopefully we will get to play a little more next weekend.

• Like 2

My wife and I played thru all of those on the Wii :thumbsup:

Been playing plenty of Animal Crossing New Horizons. I think I’m finally at the point I can start making my island look more and more like Estard Island from Dragon Quest 7.

Also been messing around with the Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection. It’s been on sale for 50% off for about a week so I picked it up. I’ve never really dabbled in this SNK fighting series since I’m more of a King of Fighters man, but it’s been fun playing the collection. Love the character designs and gameplay, there’s a huge library of artwork and design documents you can look through, and history and developer comments for the series. Haven’t tried playing online yet, but I’m really liking what’s available game wise and extra wise. Always wanted to give the series a real shot and I’m enjoying it.

I’ve enjoyed Samurai Shodown 2 much more than Samurai Shodown 1. 1st game definitely feels like a clunky early 90s fighting game and doesn’t feel very rewarding to play, but SS2 feels much smoother and much better gameplay wise. Earthquake and Charlotte have been my favorite characters to play as so far.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
34 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ve enjoyed Samurai Shodown 2 much more than Samurai Shodown 1. 1st game definitely feels like a clunky early 90s fighting game and doesn’t feel very rewarding to play, but SS2 feels much smoother and much better gameplay wise. Earthquake and Charlotte have been my favorite characters to play as so far.

Better buy all the SNK games you can before a Saudi prince owns the company!

1 hour ago, eal said:

I’ve heard about that rumor. We’ll see what ends up happening.

18 hours ago, eal said:

Is this an ET thing? Is he going to track down all copies and bury them in a New Mexico landfill?

2 hours ago, Wes said:

Is this an ET thing? Is he going to track down all copies and bury them in a New Mexico landfill?

It’s a “the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia owns a company that intends to buy a majority stake in SNK” thing.

SNK has been bought in the past by larger companies and it never affected their business for the most part. If the rumors end up being true I’m guessing SNK games will still be available on various platforms and they will be able to continue future releases.

But speaking of SNK, I decided to play some Metal Slug X tonight. Bought the game awhile ago when it was on sale and man, I forgot how nuts these games could get. It’s a run and gun arcade game that just gets so over the top. Great character/sprite animations, the sudden appearance of MARS MARTIANS! who appear alongside the normal enemies, and the big final battle against the Mothership you fight with the help of the enemy forces is so good.

Good times playing Metal Slug, man. There arcade games can get pretty hard but they are so much fun.

• Like 1

Picked up the Castlevania Anniversary Collection since it was on sale for $5, and I can now day I’ve finally beaten the original Castlevania! I remember trying again and again to beat the game in my Wii via the Virtual Console release, but I had absolutely no luck once I got to area 4. I finally did it! Definitely was difficult, but since I’ve been stuck at home it gave me the chance to learn the later levels and win! Holy Water is your best friend in the original.

Felt good to finally beat the game. I’m not a diehard Castlevania fan or anything, but I’ve always known and admired the series for as long as I can remember. It’s one that’s always stuck out in my mind thanks to being talked about so highly in stuff like Nintendo Power back in the day, and seeing various games get coverage before...well, Konami became too much like Konami. I’m looking forward to playing the other games in the collection, and maybe this will lead me to checking out some of the Metroidvania styled games too.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Picked up the Castlevania Anniversary Collection since it was on sale for $5, and I can now day I’ve finally beaten the original Castlevania! I remember trying again and again to beat the game in my Wii via the Virtual Console release, but I had absolutely no luck once I got to area 4. I finally did it! Definitely was difficult, but since I’ve been stuck at home it gave me the chance to learn the later levels and win! Holy Water is your best friend in the original.

Felt good to finally beat the game. I’m not a diehard Castlevania fan or anything, but I’ve always known and admired the series for as long as I can remember. It’s one that’s always stuck out in my mind thanks to being talked about so highly in stuff like Nintendo Power back in the day, and seeing various games get coverage before...well, Konami became too much like Konami. I’m looking forward to playing the other games in the collection, and maybe this will lead me to checking out some of the Metroidvania styled games too.

Holy water is busted. I love it. The original Castlevania game definitely ranks in my top games. The Metroidvania-style Castlevanias are fun, no doubt, but there's something in the original Castlevania's gameplay that's just satisfying.

Edited by GrandAlchemist
12 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

Holy water is busted. I love it. The original Castlevania game definitely ranks in my top games. The Metroidvania-style Castlevanias are fun, no doubt, but there's something in the original Castlevania's gameplay that's just satisfying.

My favorite on the NES and SNES is Simon's Quest. The RPG elements, like leveling up, and the free roam were what I loved about it. When I visited my cousin, we set aside his new PS2 for a few hours to play FF1 and Simon's Quest on the old NES.

The only Castlevania game I've beaten so far is Portrait of Ruin. I probably need to step up my game on this series 😂

• Like 1
My favorite on the NES and SNES is Simon's Quest. The RPG elements, like leveling up, and the free roam were what I loved about it. When I visited my cousin, we set aside his new PS2 for a few hours to play FF1 and Simon's Quest on the old NES.
The only Castlevania game I've beaten so far is Portrait of Ruin. I probably need to step up my game on this series 
That was my favorite too and the only one I ever beat.

I'm trying to finish up The Outer Worlds.

Not sure what I'll work on after that. Maybe go back to DQX.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've been looking at various games lately, but I got a copy of Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS today. The RPG portion of it sold me after looking at Stardew and other farming sims.

Let's see how long I last, @Plattym3

• Like 1

Oh man, I have just been glued to my Switch for the last couple weeks.

I 100% completed Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. The blue coin grinding in Sunshine didn't get so bad after I got the terrible stages out of the way first. It was rather enjoyable once I got into the grind past that. It is a shame that this game's progression system and blue coins holds the game back for me. Mario's moveset in this game has to be the best of the series, but it is just held back on questionable design choices.

I originally planned on just playing Super Mario Galaxy over a longer period of time. I wanted to have it complete before 3D World hits next month. But I ended up enjoying this game a lot more then I anticipated. I ended up getting the entire game done in just 4 days. Might end up being one of my top five Mario games.

Gonna be playing more relaxing games for a bit. So I am most likely going to start Friends of Mineral Town back up.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to beat all the bosses on Expert difficulty in Cuphead. Since we’re doing a Side Quest episode on Indie games, I decided to pick up Cuphead again and have it fresh in my mind for the episode. I’ve slowly gone back to the game since I first beat it, trying to defeat every boss on Expert. I didn’t think I would actually pull it off before the episode though, as some bosses get downright nasty on Expert. You have to make good use of combining different shots and which charm you equip, as it really makes all the difference on the higher difficulty setting.

The bosses that gave me the most problems were those you have to fight in the airplane. In particular, Dr. Kahl and his robot, a boss that I already had so much difficulty with on Normal, was absolutely brutal to defeat on Expert. Actually defeating him was incredibly satisfying. Meanwhile the final boss, The Devil, was one I managed to beat on the 3rd attempt on Expert, getting a perfect score to boot! You would think The Devil would have been even more difficult!

Anyway, I’m glad I was able to do it and 200% complete Cuphead. Absolutely love this game and can’t wait to talk about it on Side Quest.

• Like 1

I bought a copy of New Super Mario Bros 2 at Disc Traders. I beat the main game, but still have other levels to beat. I also added the first New Super Mario Bros to my R4 card and beat the main story. They are both well done, not legendary like Mario World or Mario Bros 3, but they are definitely enjoyable games, and I'm glad to have a hard copy of at least one of them.

I'm also playing Ragnarok Online DS. My character was overpowered by trips to the Mirage Tower, so now I'm plowing through the story mode. Of course, that's something I've done with most RPGs, ever since finding the giant island in Breath of Fire 2, or areas like Rimuldar in Dragon Warrior 3.

I have over a dozen games (RPG and otherwise) on the backburner right now, including Castlevania and Rune Factory games. There's just so many great games, its impossible to play them all, even with all the time I have right now.

I managed to complete all I have wanted in Story of Seasons: FoMT. It was a big grind but I had fun with it. Though a lot of it was disheartening at times. I can see why a lot of players suggest doing preplanning if you wanted to do a full or near 100% run. I might do another playthrough to get the last achievement after I beat Super Mario 3D World. Though I am going to do a Grandia playthrough shortly. I am really looking forward to it. Especially considering that I have a JRPG itch right now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Started playing Guacamelee 2 this morning. The soundtrack and visual for this game are so what I love.

I love good vibrant colors in games. The humor is super well done too. Most lines get a chuckle out of me. I'm really looking forward to all the references the game will throw at me. Just in the starting area there was nearly half a dozen of them that I recognized. and some that I didn't.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been chain gaming lately *sigh*

PS4
Ys IX
Ion Fury

Switch
Grandia HD

4 hours ago, nectarsis said:

I've been chain gaming lately *sigh*

PS4
Ys IX
Ion Fury

Switch
Grandia HD

Healthier than chain smoking!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been slowly chipping away at Spider-Man for PS4. I’ve cleared the story on NG+ on the highest difficulty (which was a bit of a joke), knocked out most of the side content aside from the aggressively tedious random crimes, unlocked everything but the very last costume for doing everything, and upgraded all the gadgets. All that’s left are the secret photos, one really stubborn bonus objective at a Sable camp, those damn Benchmarks, and getting a gold on all the Challenges.

Today was an especially good day when it comes to the Challenges, which I expect to be the most difficult part of completion. Of the 16, I’m down to only 5! The last few are gonna be tough as there aren’t as many tricks you can try as a way to improve your odds; it all comes down to skill. But I think I have a real shot at knocking the game out by the end of the year at the relaxed pace I’m taking it.

• Like 1