what are you playing?

Got all 120 stars in Mario Galaxy and unlocked Luigi mode for my file. I...don’t want to play the game much anymore for the foreseeable future after how damn annoying the Purple Comet Coin challenges were. Geez man, I forgot how annoying some of the challenges were. I was getting very frustrated at them and the game as a whole. Definitely need to stay away from Galaxy for a long time. Haven’t gotten that genuinely mad at a game in awhile.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 2
  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently dying from too many games but that's because I'm 100% against buying used games, so I always buy day one   PS3: Dragon's Crown, Ducktales Remastered, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F, Kille

Spyro 3’s progress has been the slowest of the three games for sure. I’ve reached Evening Lake (the third hub world) and have completed Bentley’s level. Man, I don’t remember if he was like this in th

Got all 120 stars in Mario Galaxy and unlocked Luigi mode for my file. I...don’t want to play the game much anymore for the foreseeable future after how damn annoying the Purple Comet Coin challenges

Posted Images

I have been busy playing through Prinny 1 and 2. I finally managed to get all collectables in both games today.

My main problem with the game going in was the button mashing. I was well aware of it before going into the game, but it is just absurd how much you have to do it. Especially in the first game. I ended up playing most of the game (up to the last boss) on the highest difficulty and no turbo but it nearly broke me. After that playthrough I opted to use turbo and play on the easier difficulty. Which made the game a lot more enjoyable. But that brought up the problem that the turbo use was trivializing the bosses. So I had to keep turning the thing off every damn boss fight if I felt like it.

Then there is the problem with the stiff jumping. The game is so rigid with the platforming that it took a while to get used to. I didn't find this to be that big of a deal once I got the hang of it. But going from a fluid platformer to this is going to take a while to adjust to.

Both of those problems persists with both games. Not just the first.

The level design of the original is very questionable. Especially the last "DLC" stage. I missed a ground pound on an enemy, only to fall for a good 3-4 seconds and landing on a previous checkpoint. So I LOST progress all because I had ground pounded in the wrong spot. Then when you got to the very top, there was nothing. No place to go. No hints on where to go. So I had to Youtube it. What did you end up having to do? You have to do a very well timed LEAP OF FAITH that was NEVER hinted in the level design. To make matters worse, I was only about half way through the stage. I ended up watching the rest of the video, including the boss fight and moved on to the next game. The entire level felt like it was designed by a 10 year old on Mario Maker. I didn't end up completing all the levels in the first game because of this.  I had to take a day break before going into the sequel.

Luckily the sequel improved on just about everything. Better balanced bosses, better level design, better bonus content, and made some of the complaints of the previous game and made them better. One of them being that there is a way to get "turbo" but in return you lose out on attack power. Which is fine considering the new combo system gave you a damn good damage buff that helped out a lot. So I ended up doing a lot of this game without the assist of turbo. Sadly the stiff jumping was a problem with the game. But the power up system and additional mechanics made me enjoy this game A LOT more. The facility system was really neat as well.

Looking back at both the games, it is pretty clear that the Disgaea IP is what really carried them. Even though I really liked Prinny 2, I don't know if I can really suggest it to anyone. If anyone was going to play these games, I would personally just advise them to skip the first game and only play 2.

That being said. I am going to start up Rogue Galaxy later tonight. Gonna be keeping my word on playing it.  I am pretty excited since I am a fan of a lot of Level-5's work.

I resumed the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, specifically to fully finish off Spyro 3. I’ve reached World 4, Midnight Mountain, but am now going back to previous levels since I now have all the characters unlocked. My opinion on Spyro 3 has improved since the last time I played the game, so I’m glad I’m enjoying myself with the game compared to the first time I played it on the Reignited Trilogy.

However...I ran into a really weird glitch. When playing the level Charmed Ridge in world 3, I was just about to end the level when I killed an enemy and all of a sudden the sound cut out entirely. I thought it was my TV. but going back to the Switch home menu and selecting other icons/scrolling through games there was sound. It wasn’t just Spyro 3 either; the entire Trilogy lost sound. When I closed and started up the game again, the sound was back like nothing happens. Not exactly sure how I caused that glitch, but there you go.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mario 3D All-Stars collection update just went live. It came with the changes that was mentioned late last month on having the inverted control option. But the ONE big thing that they put into the patch is Gamecube controller support for Sunshine! So we got analog controls!

I made a good call on holding it off for a bit. Going to start the game back up soon!

56 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

The Mario 3D All-Stars collection update just went live. It came with the changes that was mentioned late last month on having the inverted control option. But the ONE big thing that they put into the patch is Gamecube controller support for Sunshine! So we got analog controls!

I made a good call on holding it off for a bit. Going to start the game back up soon!

Didn’t Sunshine already have analog controls? I never felt like controlling FLUDD or any other movements were hindered when using my pro controller or playing in handheld mode.

Either way, glad the update is up.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Didn’t Sunshine already have analog controls? I never felt like controlling FLUDD or any other movements were hindered when using my pro controller or playing in handheld mode.

Either way, glad the update is up.

It technically did since it is simply an iso running on an emulator. The problem is that there are no controllers that I am aware of that have analog triggers. The GameCube controller worked but only as a third party controller. This proper support has allowed the use of them. They also fixed a lot of things like the menu lag.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

It technically did since it is simply an iso running on an emulator. The problem is that there are no controllers that I am aware of that have analog triggers. The GameCube controller worked but only as a third party controller. This proper support has allowed the use of them. They also fixed a lot of things like the menu lag.

I see. I’ll have to see if I notice anything next time I bought the collection up. Guess I never noticed anything disruptive while playing through all three games if there was delay of some kind.

19 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Ok Twinkie, I did notice something when playing Sunshine: the strange cubes in the sky are gone. I don’t remember those from the original release, and apparently they were called dev cubes or something like that?

Anyway, noticed those are gone now and that the game did load a bit faster. Maybe if we’re lucky at some point we’ll see a version select added for Super Mario 64. I doubt it would happen, but that would be neat.

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Ok Twinkie, I did notice something when playing Sunshine: the strange cubes in the sky are gone. I don’t remember those from the original release, and apparently they were called dev cubes or something like that?

Anyway, noticed those are gone now and that the game did load a bit faster. Maybe if we’re lucky at some point we’ll see a version select added for Super Mario 64. I doubt it would happen, but that would be neat.

Yeah. Those were dev cubes that showed up on all emulators for some reason. Dolphin did (or still does not sure) have that same problem as well. They fixed the graphical glitch from using the turbo nozzle underwater too apparently. So they did some good touch ups with the emulation with Sunshine. 

A version selection would still be a good thing. But my biggest nitpicking with the collection was the analog support. I can't complain at this point lol