mma0701

what are you playing?

4 hours ago, eal said:

Did you ever get around to Bayo 2? In my opinion, it was much better. It might sound strange considering Platinum is known for going big with giant hype battles, but Bayonetta 2 had a lot more human-sized boss battles, and the combat is just a lot more fun against a person your size instead of a giant #$*!ing monster.

No, but I do have the game. I’m hoping to play it sometime this year.

I finished off Agata Forest and am now on to Hana Valley in Okami HD. Fighting Waka went as well as I remembered (but it was mainly my fault since I swapped to the rosary beads and didn’t remember how to properly use then) but damn is he still one of my favorite characters from the game. Great musical themes too. The 1st dungeon went much faster than I remembered it being, so hopefully that will be the same case with the Moon Cave later on. That dungeon was one that seemed to take a long time.

One thing that graphically bugs me about this HD version is the slight bit of ghosting on certain character models. It seems like the black outlines from characters isn’t as thick as the PS2/Wii version. It’s probably due to the porting process, but it doesn’t ruin the experience. Just something I’ve noticed.

I finished off the Moon Cave last night in Okami and have ended part one of the game. The Moon Cave dungeon was as long as I remembered it being, but it was an interesting dungeon for the most part.

Next time I play it’s off to Ryoshima Coast!

Oof, Okami HD got uncomfortable to play real fast. I forgot Sei-an City was dealing with a virus/poisonous mist that was affecting the population of the city. Kind of bad timing to be in a place like this right now considering what’s going on in the real world at the moment. I might speed through this part of the game as quick as I can.

38 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oof, Okami HD got uncomfortable to play real fast. I forgot Sei-an City was dealing with a virus/poisonous mist that was affecting the population of the city. Kind of bad timing to be in a place like this right now considering what’s going on in the real world at the moment. I might speed through this part of the game as quick as I can.

Remember to keep a6 foot distance from all NPCs ;)

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Meanwhile, the Resident Evil 3 remake comes out next Friday.

2 hours ago, Woodus said:

Remember to keep a6 foot distance from all NPCs ;)

Hopefully that works. If all else the playable character is Amaterasu, a god in Japanese lore. If she gets sicked, we’re all boned.

28 minutes ago, eal said:

Meanwhile, the Resident Evil 3 remake comes out next Friday.

I actually have a friend who wanted to start playing the Resident Evil games recently. When I asked if it had to do with what’s going on now, he gave a mixed response of yes and no. It sounded like he was more interested in the RE3 remake than anything and that’s why he wants to look into the rest of the series, as well as the viruses that affect the people/animals in the series. He’s kind of a weird dude, but if it helps distract him from what’s going on now more power to him.

18 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I actually have a friend who wanted to start playing the Resident Evil games recently. When I asked if it had to do with what’s going on now, he gave a mixed response of yes and no. It sounded like he was more interested in the RE3 remake than anything and that’s why he wants to look into the rest of the series, as well as the viruses that affect the people/animals in the series. He’s kind of a weird dude, but if it helps distract him from what’s going on now more power to him.

He certainly wouldn’t be out of the norm. Like I mentioned in another topic, the movie Contagion has been spiking in popularity recently because it deals with a virus similar to COVID-19. Now that I think about it, the virus in that movie also involved with bats.

Before this started, I admitted to some friends and acquaintances that I am deeply fascinated with the Black Death. I’ll watch any decent documentary you throw at me about it. I just find it a very interesting period in history. My interest in that kind of thing is also a deciding factor to playing A Plague Tale: Innocence a couple months ago. So I get where your friend is coming from.

25 minutes ago, eal said:

He certainly wouldn’t be out of the norm. Like I mentioned in another topic, the movie Contagion has been spiking in popularity recently because it deals with a virus similar to COVID-19. Now that I think about it, the virus in that movie also involved with bats.

Before this started, I admitted to some friends and acquaintances that I am deeply fascinated with the Black Death. I’ll watch any decent documentary you throw at me about it. I just find it a very interesting period in history. My interest in that kind of thing is also a deciding factor to playing A Plague Tale: Innocence a couple months ago. So I get where your friend is coming from.

Maybe if I defeat the next boss in Okami (Blight), we can save the rest of the world...

spacer.png

Been a while since I posted, but in Okami I’m now in the Kamui region. This is probably my favorite portion of the game. Good story moments, some of the best music in the entire game, good environments, and the combat gets more and more frantic and fun.

The snowy landscape is excellent, and that theme when running around the landscape...mmmmm MMMMMMM is it good. Same goes for Oki’s theme. Love that song too.

I did it. Okami HD has been fully completed. Finished all the tomes for treasure, fish, animals, and so forth, and managed to collect all 100 Stray Beads.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really enjoyed replaying the game. This is only the second time I’ve played Okami, and the HD version was a lot of fun to play through. I forgot how much I had enjoyed the game years ago for the first time via the Wii version, so replaying it was an interesting experience. I had many times where I forgot all about something and then moments of “Oh hey, I remember this!” Definitely a wonderful experience from start to finish, and I’m glad that random whim to start it a while back paid off.

I need some really jolly vibes lately so I went back to the game that brought me so much happiness in my teenage years. I resubbed to Runescape and have been playing it quite a bit. I love that game so much, if I'm being honest it's my favorite game ever but I never think about it anymore. It's been perfect.

• Like 1