mma0701

what are you playing?

29 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
36 minutes ago, Twinkie said:
Its been over 10 years since I got hyped for Halo. Really excited for Halo 2 and 3. Will probably pick up when Halo 2 is out on PC. Especially with mod support.

Been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn some more. I got to the second half of the game and the difficulty took a big jump. Playing on hard seems to be the perfect balance for difficulty for me. I am just hoping this game doesn't spoil me too much by time I get to Breath of the Wild.

I'm definitely excited for Halo 1 - 3 to get ported. And ODST. That's the only one I haven't played. Well except for 4 and 5.

Halo 4 was alright. Halo 5 on the other hand... multiplayer was alright at best and that is just about the only good thing to say about it.

I just wanna grind multiplayer matches again on Halo 3. I miss rocket races.

Halo 4 was alright. Halo 5 on the other hand... multiplayer was alright at best and that is just about the only good thing to say about it.

That's what I've been doing in Reach. If you haven't, you should pick it up. It's great.

38 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

That's what I've been doing in Reach. If you haven't, you should pick it up. It's great.

I will once Halo 1 is out. Just kinda holding off on it to work on other games. Between the mods and multiplayer, I am afraid it will suck up all my time again lol

With Romancing SaGa 2 going in the "later" pile, and I left my 3DS at home this trip (so no Strange Journey for a few more days) I've been playing 2 games:

Hyrule Warriors is quite awesome. Love Linkle the most, like in DQHTWTWATBB, arrow people are moly favorite. Playing mostly a couple of long battles daily with my son, 2-player. Missing a lot of bonus stuff, but we're making progress together. At night I've gone back and tried to redo a battle or two for heart pieces and the gold spiders and such. So so much to do in each battle, it's tough to keep track of.

Grandia 2 is... beautiful and the battle system is . I LOVE Grandia 1's battle system and this is already a step up in the first 2 hours.

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Hyrule Warriors is quite awesome. Love Linkle the most, like in DQHTWTWATBB, arrow people are moly favorite. Playing mostly a couple of long battles daily with my son, 2-player. Missing a lot of bonus stuff, but we're making progress together. At night I've gone back and tried to redo a battle or two for heart pieces and the gold spiders and such. So so much to do in each battle, it's tough to keep track of.

Playing the Switch version?

It is probably one of my top 3 Zelda games. Not even joking. It is a great game to sit back and play. A friend and I would play it twice a week non-stop until we had 100% everything in that game. As much as I like the Dragon Quest Hero games, I wish they had a lot more to do like Hyrule Warriors did.

Playing the Switch version?

It is probably one of my top 3 Zelda games. Not even joking. It is a great game to sit back and play. A friend and I would play it twice a week non-stop until we had 100% everything in that game. As much as I like the Dragon Quest Hero games, I wish they had a lot more to do like Hyrule Warriors did.
Yes, the Switch one. Here the thing, I have played 3 Zelda games extensively: Zelda 2, the SNES one, and Ocarina of Time. That's it. So I never got this because what do I really know. But you're right, Twinkie, it's awesome. I wanted a Warriors/Heroes/Museuo game that I could play with my son multi-player, and this has been perfect. What's fun is he's played so much Smash Bros. on Switch that he's recognizing characters that are minor summons or whatever goes on there and I have never seen. So both me at 41 and Plattym4 at age 6 are having an absolute ball with the game.

Just killed a chicken I found in a hidden room. Oh man, bad call, I had chickens attacking me the whole rest of that level.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yes, the Switch one. Here the thing, I have played 3 Zelda games extensively: Zelda 2, the SNES one, and Ocarina of Time. That's it. So I never got this because what do I really know. But you're right, Twinkie, it's awesome. I wanted a Warriors/Heroes/Museuo game that I could play with my son multi-player, and this has been perfect. What's fun is he's played so much Smash Bros. on Switch that he's recognizing characters that are minor summons or whatever goes on there and I have never seen. So both me at 41 and Plattym4 at age 6 are having an absolute ball with the game.

Just killed a chicken I found in a hidden room. Oh man, bad call, I had chickens attacking me the whole rest of that level.

“minor summons or whatever goes on there”

You do that old man way of explaining stuff sometimes. Your age is showing, Twinsie. 😜

And that’s hilarious you didn’t remember NOT to attack the Cuccos. That’s usually the one thing that sticks with players who haven’t touched a Zelda game in years!

Thus the Cucco was deemed to OP to be playable.

“minor summons or whatever goes on there”

You do that old man way of explaining stuff sometimes. Your age is showing, Twinsie.

And that’s hilarious you didn’t remember NOT to attack the Cuccos. That’s usually the one thing that sticks with players who haven’t touched a Zelda game in years!
Thus the Cucco was deemed to OP to be playable.
It did bring a gold one up to beat, but man that damn thing was harder than the level boss. I kept at it for a while, thinking I'd get a good reward for winning, but there's so many critical missions going on and side missions, I had to rush off eventually to do something else.

I will say that maybe 10 hours into this game, I'm having an absolute blast. Maybe if they indeed do release the Switch version of DQHTWTWATBB+DQH2 I will play it. I played DQHTWTWATBB and did 97% of that game, just 2 bosses I couldn't beat. The 2nd one? Not so much. I beat that game and then quit. I really loved the cast of that game so much & exclusively used them, it kinda annoyed me how many of the sidequests were character-specific and I didn't really want to switch to the other people and do them. Maybe a 2nd time around I'd do it.

I decided to beat Dragon Quest 3 today while listening to a new record. It was the second game I beat this year (same day as I beat Celeste which was the first) and it'll be the last one I beat this year. Game is a god damn masterpiece. 

Just realized I posted in this, the non-RPG topic today. D'oh.

I now have 7 of the 8 Instruments in Link’s Awakening Switch. I remember why replays of the game usually stopped between the 6th and 7th dungeon. The Face Shrine has some tricky puzzles, but the Eagle Tower....god, now THAT is the dungeon I still hate playing through. Some of the puzzles are good, but that dungeon layout gets annoying to trek through. Not to mention once you enter and finish the dungeon, Link loses his little buddy the Flying Rooster...😭

Now one dungeon remains. I still have some heart pieces and secret seashells I need to find, so I may have to scour the island to find them or see if Dampe has any as rewards for the dungeon maker game.

Finished off Link’s Awakening! Man, the last dungeon was actually pretty fun. Much more interesting that the Eagle Tower, that’s for sure.

Beating the game is always a mixed emotion. Without going into story stuff, this is one of the Zelda games where getting to the end makes you question the entire journey, which is something you don’t really see in games much. Of course, there is the silver lining that you can pick out if you pay attention and did well while playing the entire game, so there’s still a bit of hope in the end. That ending cutscene and credits got to me though! I’m getting too sentimental about this kind of stuff the older I get!

I really enjoyed playing the remake. It was fun playing a more traditional Zelda game after playing Breath of the Wild, and I had a blast exploring Koholint Island all over again. With how long the game is it’s just the right length that a replay wouldn’t take that long, and with the newly added Hero mode for a higher difficulty it gives you a chance to play the game again with some more danger to it.

I’ll be getting back to this game again soon enough I’m sure, as I want to wrap up all the Dampe Dungeon maker maps. Thankfully I found out you only earn Rupees for completing them and there’s no special item tied to them, so they will be good for something to do when I need to unwind or want to play some more of the game without making a new file.

Grezzo, you and Nintendo did a fine job with this remake. Definitely a 9/10 for me, and a reminder of why I enjoyed the Gameboy Color version of the game in a whole new way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Finished off Link’s Awakening! Man, the last dungeon was actually pretty fun. Much more interesting that the Eagle Tower, that’s for sure.

Beating the game is always a mixed emotion. Without going into story stuff, this is one of the Zelda games where getting to the end makes you question the entire journey, which is something you don’t really see in games much. Of course, there is the silver lining that you can pick out if you pay attention and did well while playing the entire game, so there’s still a bit of hope in the end. That ending cutscene and credits got to me though! I’m getting too sentimental about this kind of stuff the older I get!

I really enjoyed playing the remake. It was fun playing a more traditional Zelda game after playing Breath of the Wild, and I had a blast exploring Koholint Island all over again. With how long the game is it’s just the right length that a replay wouldn’t take that long, and with the newly added Hero mode for a higher difficulty it gives you a chance to play the game again with some more danger to it.

I’ll be getting back to this game again soon enough I’m sure, as I want to wrap up all the Dampe Dungeon maker maps. Thankfully I found out you only earn Rupees for completing them and there’s no special item tied to them, so they will be good for something to do when I need to unwind or want to play some more of the game without making a new file.

Grezzo, you and Nintendo did a fine job with this remake. Definitely a 9/10 for me, and a reminder of why I enjoyed the Gameboy Color version of the game in a whole new way.

I heard there is a big issue with the game having frame drops. Did that ever bother you while playing? My biggest concern is how annoying it would be to play with the drops.

I heard there is a big issue with the game having frame drops. Did that ever bother you while playing? My biggest concern is how annoying it would be to play with the drops.
It was only bad in a couple of spots. Annoying to me, but not a deal-breaker.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

It’s really not as bad as people make it out to be. I played both on my tv and in handheld mode and I never noticed anything super bad. The worst the game got was when I was traveling around with BowWow and reached Goponga Swamp. That’s when the game had some noticeable slowdown.

• Like 1

I haven't touched Horizon: Zero Dawn in almost a week. Was too busy this holiday season with just hanging out with friends. Started playing Runescape again. Got sucked into doing some content I missed out on. So that has been taking up all my free time. Hopefully I will be caught up with what I want by tomorrow. Going to try to get in as much HZD as I can for the rest of the week. AGDQ is going to be starting up this weekend. So I wanna hop on that and probably play some Mario Maker or something while I watch it. Looking forward to this year's schedule.

Posted (edited)

I’ve been playing a lot of Breath of the Wild the last few days. I’m impressed with how much stuff I’m still finding in this game! Just tonight I found an area called the Forgotten Temple in the valley near the Hebra Mountains. Not a very exciting name, but it really gave me a Skyward Sword sacred grounds kind of vibe. The giant goddess statue especially made me think of that game and what happens during the ending.

I also managed to help Kass finally return to Rito Village. It was kind of heart warming seeing him be reunited with his daughters and them all performing a rendition of the Rito Village theme together.

I’m also very impressed with all the ways they came up with to solve puzzles or how to open certain shrines. There’s so much you can do with Breath of the Wild’s mechanics. It’s very impressive stuff, so major props to the dev team.

I’m so close to finishing the game though. I’ve basically been running around trying to find any shrines I missed and see if I can find any Koroks too. I got the DLC Expansion Pass for Christmas, but I’m waiting to access all that content once I’ve finished the game first. Maybe this weekend I’ll finally finish off the main game and finally rescue Zelda, but all in due time. I’m still enjoying just exploring and seeing what there is to see. Only other open world game I really felt that with was Red Dead Redemption 2.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Ripping through A Plague Tale: Innocence, with only two chapters to go. There’s a lot of technical problems to it, but thankfully none of them truly weigh it down. Completion seems pretty straightforward so when I’m done I might go through all the chapters I missed collectibles in a clean up what’s left.

Played nothing but Horizon Zero Dawn all week I managed to compete just about everything this game has to offer. Completed all side quests. Got all the collectibles. Just working on the main story. There is a lot of characters that are forgettable, but I am really enjoying the story.

Decided to start up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The game is very good, while having a few blemishes here and there. The feel of being a real Jedi is definitely present in this one, though I sometimes miss the OP-ness of Starkiller from The Force Unleashed, though Cal is steadily growing stronger.

Posted (edited)

Breath of the Wild has finally been finished! Man, Hyrule Castle was an awesome final area and I’m really glad I waited until the end of my game to fully explore it. The music was epic, plenty of good treasures and items to find, and learning some of the character backstories through the books spread throughout the castle (as well as the final memory I needed) was awesome and really shed some light on a few things. I did find it really bizarre just how many Koroks I found scattered about the place. They must be punk Koroks or something since they were hanging out so close to Ganon...

Going back out into Hyrule I managed to find the final memory spot, and found two more shrines I missed. But after that...

HOLY #$*! THE FINAL BATTLES WERE GREAT. They went all out with Ganon’s designs. I was really surprised by the design of Calamity Ganon once you fought him at last.

The ending...well, I’m split. On the one hand the cutscenes before and after the credits were good, though the last few lines about the Master Sword and powers related to it was an odd thing to do end on. But on the other hand, that was a really lame credits sequence for a Zelda game.
I was expecting something like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword’s endings where we get to see what’s happened to some of the folks we met and some kind of epic medley of songs from the game. Instead it was just still images and individual character themes strewn together with no natural flow from one piece to the next. Honestly it was kind of underwhelming for as grand as the game was. I suppose they had their reasons for it, but....well, a lame credits sequence can take some of the oomph out of the finally. A more unique music piece could have saved it, like what Dark Souls games do. They just have standard credit scrolls but a song that captures the entire journey up to the ending.

Ah well. That gripe aside, I’m glad to finally have the game finished. I still have the DLC to play and plenty more Koroks to find, but I’ll save those for another time. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Breath of the Wild from beginning to end, and the (roughly) 145 hours I spent playing the game the last few months was great. So many things about the game were fantastic, and you can tell a lot of love and hard work went into so many aspects of the game. Really reminded me of why The Legend of Zelda has been one of my favorite game series since the N64 days.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 2

Breath of the Wild has finally been finished! Man, Hyrule Castle was an awesome final area and I’m really glad I waited until the end of my game to fully explore it. The music was epic, plenty of good treasures and items to find, and learning some of the character backstories through the books spread throughout the castle (as well as the final memory I needed) was awesome and really shed some light on a few things. I did find it really bizarre just how many Koroks I found scattered about the place. They must be punk Koroks or something since they were hanging out so close to Ganon...
Going back out into Hyrule I managed to find the final memory spot, and found two more shrines I missed. But after that...
HOLY #$*! THE FINAL BATTLES WERE GREAT. They went all out with Ganon’s designs. I was really surprised by the design of Calamity Ganon once you fought him at last.

The ending...well, I’m split. On the one hand the cutscenes before and after the credits were good, though the last few lines about the Master Sword and powers related to it was an odd thing to do end on. But on the other hand, that was a really lame credits sequence for a Zelda game.
I was expecting something like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword’s endings where we get to see what’s happened to some of the folks we met and some kind of epic medley of songs from the game. Instead it was just still images and individual character themes strewn together with no natural flow from one piece to the next. Honestly it was kind of underwhelming for as grand as the game was. I suppose they had their reasons for it, but....well, a lame credits sequence can take some of the oomph out of the finally. A more unique music piece could have saved it, like what Dark Souls games do. They just have standard credit scrolls but a song that captures the entire journey up to the ending.

Ah well. That gripe aside, I’m glad to finally have the game finished. I still have the DLC to play and plenty more Koroks to find, but I’ll save those for another time. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Breath of the Wild from beginning to end, and the (roughly) 145 hours I spent playing the game the last few months was great. So many things about the game were fantastic, and you can tell a lot of love and hard work went into so many aspects of the game. Really reminded me of why The Legend of Zelda has been one of my favorite game series since the N64 days.
The DLC does add some extra flashback cutscenes that add a great deal to the story, not worth missing imo.

BotW was good, no doubt about it. But I miss classic Zelda dungeons. Sincerely hope we get those back next time.

Been playing a bunch of Stardew Valley recently. I was originally trying to role play as Torneko but I've kind of fallen off that. I named my farm Endor and made my character look like him. It's seriously one of my favorite games ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Been playing a bunch of Stardew Valley recently. I was originally trying to role play as Torneko but I've kind of fallen off that. I named my farm Endor and made my character look like him. It's seriously one of my favorite games ever.

Less Dragon Quest savvy people might think you’ve named your farm after a planet in Star Wars, which, frankly, could have done with some farming.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

Less Dragon Quest savvy people might think you’ve named your farm after a planet in Star Wars, which, frankly, could have done with some farming.

I did enjoy a town in Dragon Quest sharing a name with a Star Wars thing.