mma0701

what are you playing?

Alright, managed to get the full Twilight Princess armor set in BotW! Thanks Smash 4 Link amiibo! You’ve done me proud. It’s a shame these outfits are amiibo only items for those who don’t buy amiibo.

played a bunch of Doom, and Killzone on the PS4...man the levels can be LOOOOONG.

On 11/27/2019 at 6:48 AM, nectarsis said:

played a bunch of Doom, and Killzone on the PS4...man the levels can be LOOOOONG.

I replay the classic Doom probably about once a year. Even after all these years I still don't know where the hell I am going with the later stages.

4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I replay the classic Doom probably about once a year. Even after all these years I still don't know where the hell I am going with the later stages.

That reminds me of when I replay Banjo-Tooie. I’ve replayed it and Banjo-Kazooie so many times over the years, but when I get to Grunty Industries in BT...my brain just blanks. It’s one of the largest worlds in the game and the layout inside the factory can get confusing.

12 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That reminds me of when I replay Banjo-Tooie. I’ve replayed it and Banjo-Kazooie so many times over the years, but when I get to Grunty Industries in BT...my brain just blanks. It’s one of the largest worlds in the game and the layout inside the factory can get confusing.

I played Banjo-Tooie and never beaten it. When I played the game when it first came out the world sizes just felt way too overwhelming for me at the time. I really need to go through and try to finally beat that game.

As long as it doesn't have any Tick Tock Wood like stages I think I should be able to handle it now.

10 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I played Banjo-Tooie and never beaten it. When I played the game when it first came out the world sizes just felt way too overwhelming for me at the time. I really need to go through and try to finally beat that game.

As long as it doesn't have any Tick Tock Wood like stages I think I should be able to handle it now.

Oh no. The levels may be bigger than the first game, but they aren’t as difficult as the final levels of BK, Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Clock Wood. Personally I think CCW is far easier than Rusty Bucket Bay, but that’s because Bay has a lot of bullshit ways to kill you quickly.

As a kid, I was blown away by the levels. I looked over articles for the games in Nintendo Power so much, wondering what the levels would look like in game. I totally get how they would be kind of intimidating due to the scope, but they are well designed And fun to explore.

For those with a NSO account the NES controllers are on sale for $30 (were $60). The SNES ones won't be back in stock until 2020 and I have a feeling after the stock of the NES ones dry up they won't be selling them again. 

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-entertainment-system-controllers.html

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

For those with a NSO account the NES controllers are on sale for $30 (were $60). The SNES ones won't be back in stock until 2020 and I have a feeling after the stock of the NES ones dry up they won't be selling them again. 

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-entertainment-system-controllers.html

That is tempting. I kinda want to get the NES controllers for Balloon Fight when I have company over. I ended up passing the SNES controllers and got an 8bitDO and works great for 2D games.

37 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

That is tempting. I kinda want to get the NES controllers for Balloon Fight when I have company over. I ended up passing the SNES controllers and got an 8bitDO and works great for 2D games.

Yeah I tend to play the NES and SNES games in handheld so I don't really have a need for them. You can use them to play the Switch versions of the Dragon Quest games though...

Along with Pokemon Silver, I've been playing one of my favorite Mega Man games again: Mega Man IV GB/Rockman World 4. Other than that, I played a little bit of Luigi's Mansion 3, but stopped playing it a few hours in. Not that I was having a bad time, but I get so easily distracted playing games I've played many times before when I should be playing newer games that are in my backlog. I was playing the Switch version of Dragon Quest III too, but I really wasn't getting all that into it. While I appreciated the new translation, the static battles and lack of extra content like the pachisi tracks makes this version feel like the NES version but without the old RPG archaic charm.

• Like 1

I managed to beat Dragon Quest Builders 2 last week. But that platinum trophy was annoying thanks to the pet breeding. The other grinding wasn't too bad since I was just making things while working on them which is fun. By the time I got to the pet breeding I was pretty worn out of the game at that point and just watched some videos until I had it done.

I was gonna start Fire Emblem: Three Houses back up when I finished, but I ended up finishing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. Took me 2 hours to beat the game from where I ended. Then I decided to get the platinum trophy for that game. That was a big mistake. I don't mind a good grind, but the grinding that is required to get the platinum trophy is one of the most dreadful grinding I had ever experienced. I am going to finish the game tonight or tomorrow since I am through the worst of it. But I really beat myself into the ground with this game. Really great game though as long as you don't try to platinum it.

I really want to play Horizon Zero Dawn next. I am not going to be tackling the harder difficulty on Fire Emblem yet, so I will be able to balance between those two games.

21 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I really want to play Horizon Zero Dawn next. I am not going to be tackling the harder difficulty on Fire Emblem yet, so I will be able to balance between those two games.

Fun game! I rushed through it to play Zelda when they both came out next to each other but I went back to it earlier this year and had a blast doing side stuff as well as the main story. I didn't finish it because I think Dragon Quest builders 2 came out but I'm looking forward to the sequel on PS5.

36 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I managed to beat Dragon Quest Builders 2 last week. But that platinum trophy was annoying thanks to the pet breeding. The other grinding wasn't too bad since I was just making things while working on them which is fun. By the time I got to the pet breeding I was pretty worn out of the game at that point and just watched some videos until I had it done.

Ditto on that, I should have been working on the pet thing the whole time, but waited till the end, made it way more tedious.

• Like 1

I’ve been working on 9.9ing Classic Mode for all the characters in Smash Ultimate when I need a break from the Romancing SaGa 2 race with Platty. Only have 22 characters left to get 9.9 with.

The ones that keeps eluding me more than any others are Bowser and Hero’s due to the final battles in each. First part is fine, but the second enemy that shows up for both just SUCKS to deal with, especially if you take too much damage in the first half of the battle. One wrong move and all the progress goes down the toilet.

On 12/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

Fun game! I rushed through it to play Zelda when they both came out next to each other but I went back to it earlier this year and had a blast doing side stuff as well as the main story. I didn't finish it because I think Dragon Quest builders 2 came out but I'm looking forward to the sequel on PS5.

Yeah, I am having a lot of fun with it so far! The game had a bit of a slow start for my taste, but once it opens up it becomes really fun to play. Pretty damn fun to play around with the tools you get. One of my favorite aspects of open world games is approaching combat in different and unique ways. And this game pulls that off perfectly.

God, Duck Hunt and Zero Suit Samus’s Classic modes in Smash Ultimate are becoming the bane of my existence. I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to get to the final boss for both and then either get screwed out of enough points at the end or to get comboed to death by Master Hand & Crazy Hans in ZSS’s path.

And I was playing so well last night and clearing so many more at 9.9... 😭

I’ll say that the Smash Ultimate versions of the Hands are definitely the most intimidating. They gave the two of them some really nasty tricks, and if they both decided to attack at once you can get into trouble quickly.

I wish you could play Classic mode online and enlist some help from another player, because frankly I’m starting to feel like I can’t successfully beat some of these on my own even when I get so close to victory.

Well, I did it. Everyone now has a 9.9 rating for Classic Mode in Smash Ultimate. By my sheer determination and bull-headedness, I did it. Honestly I’m disappointed the game didn’t have a milestone for doing that, but whatever. I’m glad it’s finally done. Felt fitting that Mario was the last character I got 9.9 with since Mario is usually the go to first character.

I don’t recommend doing what I did, but if you’re crazy and determined to get something done like me then go for it. I’m too dedicated to Smash Bros I guess, which is why I went for it.

I will say that going for 9.9 for everyone did give me more of an appreciation for characters I don’t use as much....but it also cemented why I don’t use a small handful of characters at all too.

Now to get away from Smash for awhile and go back to Romancing SaGa 2.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well, I did it. Everyone now has a 9.9 rating for Classic Mode in Smash Ultimate.

Bravo, sir. That is quite an accomplishment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Been playing Zelda: Link’s Awakening on the Switch since I got it on Wednesday. I’ve really been enjoying it, and have been finding a lot of new stuff as I’ve been explored Koholint Island. I’m liking that they added some new stuff to find and collect, but man, it’s been throwing me off with all the extra Secret Seashells I keep finding! 

So far I have 5 of the 8 Instruments of the Sirens, but it’s at this point where I really don’t remember exactly what to do and how the dungeons are. The Catfish’s Maw dungeon was the start of that, with the only thing I remembered being how annoying the skeleton mini-boss is.

Definitely liking a lot of what they did with this remake. It’s been nice playing a more traditional styled Zelda game after playing Breath of the Wild so much.

Well, I did it. Everyone now has a 9.9 rating for Classic Mode in Smash Ultimate.

Cool. I actually kinda know what this means. My kids play that mode all the time. I did it for the first time Christmas Eve with Plattym4. I don't think any of our people are past 5 or maybe 6.

Been playing a ton of Halo Reach on PC.

4 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Been playing a ton of Halo Reach on PC.

Its been over 10 years since I got hyped for Halo. Really excited for Halo 2 and 3. Will probably pick up when Halo 2 is out on PC. Especially with mod support.

Been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn some more. I got to the second half of the game and the difficulty took a big jump. Playing on hard seems to be the perfect balance for difficulty for me. I am just hoping this game doesn't spoil me too much by time I get to Breath of the Wild.

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Cool. I actually kinda know what this means. My kids play that mode all the time. I did it for the first time Christmas Eve with Plattym4. I don't think any of our people are past 5 or maybe 6.

Do you start on the default 2.0 difficulty or do you bump it up to the 5.0 max? The higher your starting difficulty the higher your ending difficulty will be.

Some characters definitely have easier Classic modes than others though, so that makes a big difference.

Its been over 10 years since I got hyped for Halo. Really excited for Halo 2 and 3. Will probably pick up when Halo 2 is out on PC. Especially with mod support.

Been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn some more. I got to the second half of the game and the difficulty took a big jump. Playing on hard seems to be the perfect balance for difficulty for me. I am just hoping this game doesn't spoil me too much by time I get to Breath of the Wild.
I'm definitely excited for Halo 1 - 3 to get ported. And ODST. That's the only one I haven't played. Well except for 4 and 5.

Do you start on the default 2.0 difficulty or do you bump it up to the 5.0 max? The higher your starting difficulty the higher your ending difficulty will be.
Some characters definitely have easier Classic modes than others though, so that makes a big difference.
Ehhh.. No clue