mma0701

what are you playing?

Despite being hyped for MediEvil and planning to play it all weekend, but I made plans on Friday so playing on day one didn’t happen. Then on Saturday, after I got out of work and I finally got the game, I had to spend for four hours waiting for it to finish downloading an update. By the time it was done, I was too tired to play and just watched horror movies.

Now it’s Sunday and I’ve finally gotten around to it. The camera and combat are just as jank as ever, which is a shame since they should’ve tried to fix it, but the presentation is lovely. The colors are much more vibrant, making game more visually pleasant to look at. It sounds like they just kept the original voices and added a narrator. The trophies look relatively simple to get (mostly completion with the odd request here and there) so maybe I’ll try for the platinum.

Since it was Halloween (no longer at the time of posting this) I figured I should try to finish off Cuphead since I finally reached The Devil. Man, fun fight, but that third phase was super annoying. But I managed to win and beat the game!

It took a long time to finish Cuphead from when I first bought it, but I’m glad I did. This was one of those games I followed since it was first announced even when it was just a known Xbox exclusive, and getting the ability to play it on Switch was a shock. I loved the artwork and animations, the music, pretty much everything about the game. Some bosses felt difficult for the sake of difficult, but like other tough games one man’s easy boss could be another man’s tough boss and vice versa.

I’m glad I finally have the game under my belt. I’m sure I’ll keep coming back to it to try and earn those last few achievements and see if I can find some of the secrets the game may have. It’s plenty of fun and a great visual experience if you love old school cartoons and animation.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:15 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Since it was Halloween (no longer at the time of posting this) I figured I should try to finish off Cuphead since I finally reached The Devil. Man, fun fight, but that third phase was super annoying. But I managed to win and beat the game!

It took a long time to finish Cuphead from when I first bought it, but I’m glad I did. This was one of those games I followed since it was first announced even when it was just a known Xbox exclusive, and getting the ability to play it on Switch was a shock. I loved the artwork and animations, the music, pretty much everything about the game. Some bosses felt difficult for the sake of difficult, but like other tough games one man’s easy boss could be another man’s tough boss and vice versa.

I’m glad I finally have the game under my belt. I’m sure I’ll keep coming back to it to try and earn those last few achievements and see if I can find some of the secrets the game may have. It’s plenty of fun and a great visual experience if you love old school cartoons and animation.

I want to give the game a try. I was able to beat Celeste thinking I'd never get through it or like it since it was billed as a "hard" game. Same thing with Cuphead. I guess it has an easy mode, though? I think if it goes on sale next I'll finally get it but I'll get it on Switch.

6 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I want to give the game a try. I was able to beat Celeste thinking I'd never get through it or like it since it was billed as a "hard" game. Same thing with Cuphead. I guess it has an easy mode, though? I think if it goes on sale next I'll finally get it but I'll get it on Switch.

It has a Simple mode for bosses, but if you only beat bosses on Simple you won’t be able to finish the game and enter the final area of Inkwell Isle.

2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Wasn’t the most highly praised feature of Celeste that the difficulty is incredibly customizable? That’s basically the only particular thing I, someone who hasn’t played it and haven’t gone out of my way to learn about, has heard about it.

1 hour ago, eal said:

Wasn’t the most highly praised feature of Celeste that the difficulty is incredibly customizable? That’s basically the only particular thing I, someone who hasn’t played it and haven’t gone out of my way to learn about, has heard about it.

That's true. It was like... yeah it's hard but you can make it less hard. I played without any modifications.

I need to get around to Celeste. It sounds like my kind of game. I enjoy challenging platformers.

this game made me go through all my states. From the frustration of not being successful to the joy of success, I have never felt such an attraction for a game It's simple: it became in 2 days the best hardcore platformer I ever played.

TweakBox word counter Tutuapp

Edited by avensis

I pretty much played nothing but Smash Ultimate today due to Terry Bogard joining the roster. The video covering him and all the SNK content this morning was great, he’s been a fun character to play as and (IMO) he does a better job with the cancel mechanic Ryu and Ken have in that it feels more natural for Terry. Could be because I’m more used to SNK fighters so it was easier for me to click with the timing.

Anyway, I’m glad Terry is part of the roster now. His stage is actually a really fun idea, I love all the cameo character appearances, the song selection is top notch (especially all those KOF 13 and 14 songs ♥️) and it seems like a Fighters Pass well worth the money.

I’m glad with the Mii outfits related to SNK as well. I was REALLY happy Iori Yagami got one since he’s one of my favorite characters to play as in KOF games, and Ryo and Nakoruru getting costumes was cool too. I was hoping K’ and/or Kyo would get Mii outfits (especially K’ since he and other NESTs era KOF characters don’t appear as cameos), but it’s not a huge deal. I’m glad to see the Akira costume return for Virtua Fighter fans though.

The one issue? No reference to Rugal whatsoever. None of his themes, no Mii costume, no surprise cameo appearance, NOTHING! I’m disappointed his KOF ‘98 theme didn’t make it in at the least. Oh well. We get two versions of Geese Howard’s theme, so it makes up for it a little.

Also, I laughed at how they addressed no Mai in the KOF stage. Bayonetta is totally fine for the good boys and girls, but Mai? NOPE. That was funny.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Been playing The King of Fighters ‘97 a bit after work lately, but have started shifting gears to Breath of the Wild again. I’m now working on the Gerudo section. It still surprises me how much stuff you can find when exploring the world, not to mention just how damn big the world is. It’s a fun and interesting Hyrule to explore, so kudos to the dev team for their hard work.

I also discovered the Parasail mini game when activating Sheikah Towers. I spent way too much time on that mini game but it was fun! That catchy song that plays too just made me want to try over and over again!

I think we need to rename Zelda Breath of the Wild to “Breath of the OOOOO LOOK A DISTRACTION!” Because that’s what I feel like keeps happening, but in a good way!

I was trying to work on getting the Gerudo story done, but then one side quest led me to going out of my way and then another distraction caught my eye and then another thing I could do popped up and then I wanted to figure out where I missed a piece of armor so I went searching for that and then...well, you get the idea.

I was able to play the game a lot today, and like Super Mario Odyssey, it was fun to just explore and discover stuff. Worked in some of the necessary steps to progress the story, but was having as much of a good time just seeing what I could find and do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I think we need to rename Zelda Breath of the Wild to “Breath of the OOOOO LOOK A DISTRACTION!” Because that’s what I feel like keeps happening, but in a good way!

I was trying to work on getting the Gerudo story done, but then one side quest led me to going out of my way and then another distraction caught my eye and then another thing I could do popped up and then I wanted to figure out where I missed a piece of armor so I went searching for that and then...well, you get the idea.

I was able to play the game a lot today, and like Super Mario Odyssey, it was fun to just explore and discover stuff. Worked in some of the necessary steps to progress the story, but was having as much of a good time just seeing what I could find and do.

I found that was always happening to me. I'd set a course for a location and end up not getting there until 3 play sessions later because there was always something along the way.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I found that was always happening to me. I'd set a course for a location and end up not getting there until 3 play sessions later because there was always something along the way.

I think this is the case for all open world games. Even with that garbage Amazing Spider-Man game I was diverting somewhere else from where I was going because there was a collectible to get or a crime nearby to stop.

Stopped the Divine Beast Naboris and completed the Gerudo portion! Only one more Divine Beast to go in Breath of the Wild!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:44 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Stopped the Divine Beast Naboris and completed the Gerudo portion! Only one more Divine Beast to go in Breath of the Wild!

Which one is left? If it's the Goron you should look up the animation about getting to Goron City, it's pretty funny. No spoilers in the video either if you were worried about that.

16 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Which one is left? If it's the Goron you should look up the animation about getting to Goron City, it's pretty funny. No spoilers in the video either if you were worried about that.

The last one is the Rito. I did Goron City a few months ago before setting the game aside for DQXI S.

On the note of BotW, I finally got some of the amiibo exclusive armor for Link. Got Toon Link’s tunic from Wind Waker and the Twilight Pants from Twilight Princess. I’m hoping that now that I have the Majora’s Mask Link amiibo I can finally get the Fierce Deity stuff eventually. Fierce Deity Link is still one of my favorite 100% completion rewards from the series, so I’m down for running around BotW’s Hyrule as Fierce Deity Link.

35 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The last one is the Rito. I did Goron City a few months ago before setting the game aside for DQXI S.

On the note of BotW, I finally got some of the amiibo exclusive armor for Link. Got Toon Link’s tunic from Wind Waker and the Twilight Pants from Twilight Princess. I’m hoping that now that I have the Majora’s Mask Link amiibo I can finally get the Fierce Deity stuff eventually. Fierce Deity Link is still one of my favorite 100% completion rewards from the series, so I’m down for running around BotW’s Hyrule as Fierce Deity Link.

Nice! I like the Rito power the most. I only ever had the Gaaurdian and Moblin amiibo so I never really got anything good from their chests.

6 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Nice! I like the Rito power the most. I only ever had the Gaaurdian and Moblin amiibo so I never really got anything good from their chests.

I was half hoping that using the Guadian amiibo would spawn one on the rare occasion. That would be a funny “Oh #$*!!” moment later on.

Damn, I really wish someone would have told me the Thunder Helm from the Gerudo region was such a useful tool, because it has been a godsend against electric wielding enemies and thunder storms. It has been one of my favorite items since I got it.

Same with Urbosa’s power too. That cause a huge AoE attack is VERY good for big groups of enemies. It’s been my favorite Champion power so far.

Anyway, been doing a lot of exploring today, mainly focusing on trying to find more shrines and Koroks. I think I’m doing okay on Korok hunting. I have about 200 seeds. I want to slap Hetsu though for the price increase on Korok seed upgrades for weapon slots. It’s getting as bad as the last Great Fairy wanting 10,000 rupees!

Edit: Had troubles with the horse mini game at the Highland Stable, managed to beat it shortly after complaining about it here. I’m not a fan of that mini-game at all but decided to edit out my angry rant about it.

I finding a lot of stuff I missed out on in Breath of the Wild. Found the giant horse and the horse god, found a pretty good amount of Koroks, and thanks to amiibos I’ve gotten a few more other game outfit pieces, including the Fierce Deity Mask!

Didn’t get much time to play today, but I did complete a few side quests in BotW. Got some new armor to help fight any Guardians I come across, and a few more shrines I accidentally missed. I almost have a full 3 stamina bars, and once that’s topped off I’ll put the rest into hearts. I’m thinking it’s time I head to Rito town before I get game fatigue with BotW. It’s been fun playing it again, but I don’t want to get burned out by all my excess exploring right now.

I also played some Smash Ultimate. I’m trying to get everyone to a 9.9 rating in Classic Mode, but it’s not the only thing I’m going for when I play. I know better than to sit and keep retrying if I don’t get it. It will probably just be a goal I work on on occasion for fun or if I need to pass the time somewhere.

I think playing some Smash Ultimate tonight happened because a guy I work with on occasion had a lot to say about the game while at work today. We had some pretty good discussions about potential new characters, the released DLC characters thus far, and our experiences fighting with friends. Made the work day go by quick and it was fun just discussing the game and some others too.

So apparently I'm back into Stardew Valley. It's one of my favorite games and playing it on Switch makes it easy to sink hours on end into it. I picked up my second file again and I'm just about out of Spring Year 1 so I'm pretty much starting fresh.

• Like 1

So apparently I'm back into Stardew Valley. It's one of my favorite games and playing it on Switch makes it easy to sink hours on end into it. I picked up my second file again and I'm just about out of Spring Year 1 so I'm pretty much starting fresh.
I rarely replay games, but that one's been pulling at my brain. I keep telling myself Rune Factory 4 is coming for Switch with better fighting and I know I'll sink 100 hours into it. Holding strong.

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I rarely replay games, but that one's been pulling at my brain. I keep telling myself Rune Factory 4 is coming for Switch with better fighting and I know I'll sink 100 hours into it. Holding strong.

I've tried to play a Harvest Moon game and Rune Factory 4 after Stardew Valley and I can't get more than an hour into them. Stardew Valley is perfect and going back to something that inspired it is impossible to me now because I feel like it does everything better than what came before it.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar