mma0701

what are you playing?

Nobody play Uncharted 3. It’s glitchy as #$*!, which makes some sections, especially fights, incredibly frustrating, it throws bullshit at you and says, “good luck, champ,” it’s janky, it’s actually crashed on me, and the story isn’t even good compared to the rest of the series. I’m like 2 hours left and determined to finish it and then never touch it again. I actually hate it.

Nobody play Uncharted 3.

Done.

43 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Done.

Joke’s on you, it has an optional turn based mode! Now you HAVE to play it! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Joke’s on you, it has an optional turn based mode! Now you HAVE to play it! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Pfft, that would imply there’s ever a point where you get a turn to do something.

48 minutes ago, eal said:

Pfft, that would imply there’s ever a point where you get a turn to do something.

That is the jist of turn based combat, yes. If you aren’t getting a turn in you probably have the game set to ATB mode or action RPG mode. It’s a common mistake.

Since I’m pretty much done with Mario Odyssey (apart from the final challenge level but I need a break from something difficult since today was pretty awful) I decided to start up Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I never had a chance to play it on the Wii U apart from a few levels, so I was pleasantly surprised I got the Switch version as an early birthday gift. So far I’m only in the first world, but it’s definitely looking and sounding like Donkey Kong Country. It was a big deal David Wise returned to compose music for the series, and the soundtrack so far has his fingerprints all over it and I LOVE it.

At some point I think I’ll start up a second file so I can mess around with Funky Mode. Funky Kong has been one of my favorite members of the Kong family for years, and I’m all too happy whenever Funky Kong is given a playable character role. Now if only Nintendo had brought him back for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe...

Posted (edited)

I played some Minsh Cap over the weekend. It's a pretty fun game. Makes me want to play Wind Waker on Switch.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Breath of the Wild has been rather interesting so far. As of now I can finally leave the Great Plateau thanks to the Paraglider I received, so now it’s really time to see what’s happened to all of Hyrule. The cutscene right before receiving the Paraglider was pretty good, though I must admit the full voice acting is a bit jarring for a Zelda game.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been as much fun as the original was. I’m happy King Boo and Dry Bones are back as playable characters, and I’m liking that they added Breath of the Wild Link and some new kart parts based on the Master Cycle Zero into the game. I’m almost done with the 100cc cups.

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Breath of the Wild has been rather interesting so far. As of now I can finally leave the Great Plateau thanks to the Paraglider I received, so now it’s really time to see what’s happened to all of Hyrule. The cutscene right before receiving the Paraglider was pretty good, though I must admit the full voice acting is a bit jarring for a Zelda game.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been as much fun as the original was. I’m happy King Boo and Dry Bones are back as playable characters, and I’m liking that they added Breath of the Wild Link and some new kart parts based on the Master Cycle Zero into the game. I’m almost done with the 100cc cups.

I wouldn't focus on the story too much. I think the best part is that you can find memories to expand on it on your own. I remember when it first came out and all the discussion around it was so fun to be a part of. I played a little bit of it again earlier this year and it's still fun, though I'm not sure when I'd do a whole other playthrough.

Posted (edited)

BotW is a fun game (and great-looking as a bonus). Even after beating the game I turn it on every so often to do some more exploring... Find some more shrines... A korok here and there. An enemy I haven't come across yet. It's relaxing.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

49 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I wouldn't focus on the story too much. I think the best part is that you can find memories to expand on it on your own. I remember when it first came out and all the discussion around it was so fun to be a part of. I played a little bit of it again earlier this year and it's still fun, though I'm not sure when I'd do a whole other playthrough.

I like minimalist stories, so that’s why I liked the cutscene revealing what happened in the past but no details were given on the rest of the world. I figure it will be like Etrian Odyssey games in that the further you go the more details you’ll learn, but things are kept vague enough you can fill in the spaces on your own with your own interpretation on the world/characters. It’s the same reason I like the Dark Souls (and Bloodborne) games so much as well.

I really enjoyed Breath of the Wild. Sadly I never got to finish the game. I bought my Switch and BoTW about 2 months after it first came out and had a lot of issues with my initial Switch. I managed to get close to 20 hours of BoTW in but I had to return my Switch in for repairs shortly after. They ended up deleting my data and this was before cloud saving. I just didn't feel like picking the game up since then. But as of recently I have been getting the itch to pick it up again. Maybe I will start it up once I clear my first Fire Emblem: Three Houses run.

Speaking of Breath of the Wild, has anyone been seeing all this news about Genshin Impact? So many people are upset about it. But I am not gonna lie, I am really interested in it.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Speaking of Breath of the Wild, has anyone been seeing all this news about Genshin Impact? So many people are upset about it. But I am not gonna lie, I am really interested in it.

Is that the one where people are smashing PS4s? Like...really? You're going to break a system that plays your games because it has ONE game that happens to be like another one? Don't people understand that the games industry love following trends and things come out years later after being developed for so long? Like...if you weren't almost done with a Battle Royale at the same time as PUBG and Fortnite you might as well scrap it and move onto another idea.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Is that the one where people are smashing PS4s? Like...really? You're going to break a system that plays your games because it has ONE game that happens to be like another one?

The funny part about it is that if it wasn't for that one guy smashing his PS4, many people wouldn't have known about the game. It has gotten so much free publicity from it that I can't stop laughing about it.

Edited by Twinkie

Huh. Didn't realize there was yet another BotW clone coming out. I am also looking forward to Gods & Monsters and Decay of Logos. But I don't think anyone smashed anything over the announcements of those games.

4 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

Huh. Didn't realize there was yet another BotW clone coming out. I am also looking forward to Gods & Monsters and Decay of Logos. But I don't think anyone smashed anything over the announcements of those games.

Gods & Monsters looks cool but I want to see gameplay. It's a Ubisoft game si it'll likely go on sale soon after it releases. 

The funny part about it is that if it wasn't for that one guy smashing his PS4, many people wouldn't have known about the game. It has gotten so much free publicity from it that I can't stop laughing about it.
Great PR move. Have a company employee bring in a broken PS4 bought on the sly and smash it at a media-packed event. Brilliant!

2458e4dab9036f2d9bcb8e7bb053b9b0.jpg
Is that the one where people are smashing PS4s? Like...really? You're going to break a system that plays your games because it has ONE game that happens to be like another one? Don't people understand that the games industry love following trends and things come out years later after being developed for so long? Like...if you weren't almost done with a Battle Royale at the same time as PUBG and Fortnite you might as well scrap it and move onto another idea.
Person. Singular. One.

Stunt.
  • Like 1

Here we go:

*Super Mario Odyssey - Finally, FINALLY beat the final challenge in Super Mario Odyssey! The final portion was easily the most stressful since you have to completely restart if you fall, but thankfully after a few tries I finally nailed it, finished off the challenge, and collected every Power Moon! After a visit to one of the shops I reached 999 moons and got to enjoy the reward for that, and had a rematch with the stronger version of the final Bowser fight.

I completely LOVED Mario Odyssey. It was one of those games I never wanted to end, and I really enjoyed it from start to finish. It was a lot of fun. I loved the level designs and freedom in the gameplay, the many hats and costumes were cool to collect, the soundtrack was fantastic, there were a lot of really cool and rather surprising moments (looking at you, Ruined Kingdom!), and the many changes that occur in the game as you make progress were excellent touches. I can’t wait to replay the game in the future.

*Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - I didn’t play this one much on my day off, but I did manage to finish off the Autumn Heights world. I’m really liking Tropical Freeze even though I haven’t played it much. It has a lot of cool levels in the first two worlds alone.

*The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Haven’t played this one much either since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been my go to game (excluding on my day off) but I did do some exploring in the game. Headed to the region south of the Great Plateau and had to bob and weave through the enemies to reach the tower there, but after that I made my way towards the east again to try and reach Kakariko Village. I do wish there was more music that played as you roamed the wild, but I do like the faint piano tunes you hear and how in any ruins you find a sad tune starts to play. I forget the name of the ruined town I came across, but it definitely struck things went to #$*! 100 years ago in Hyrule. It reminds of seeing the ruined Hyrule Castle Town in Ocarina of Time.

I’ll have to get back into this game more this weekend. I SUPPOSE I should try and do what the game wants me to...maybe.

6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ll have to get back into this game more this weekend. I SUPPOSE I should try and do what the game wants me to...maybe.

Nah #$*! that, do what you want. I'd say unlock all the towers so you can see the whole map and then play how you want. Do the divine beasts in the order you want. I see them more as suggestions like...yeah, we're over here and you can run straight to us if you want but look at all this cool stuff around us! I say the Zora and bird people (I'm not up on Zelda lore) beast dungeons give you the best rewards at the end. The desert one sucks all together and by the time I made it to the Gorons I was ready to fight Ganon so completing the beast was mostly trivial.

12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Great PR move. Have a company employee bring in a broken PS4 bought on the sly and smash it at a media-packed event. Brilliant!

Quick, now someone go to PAX West this month and smash a PC/Switch/PS4 since we haven't gotten Dragon Quest X, Mori Mori 3, Joker 3, etc :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Quick, now someone go to PAX West this month and smash a PC/Switch/PS4 since we haven't gotten Dragon Quest X, Mori Mori 3, Joker 3, etc :P

It should be a 3DS considering how many damn 3DS Dragon Quest games we didn’t get.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It should be a 3DS considering how many damn 3DS Dragon Quest games we didn’t get.

lol a 3DS game in 2020. RIP 3DS.

3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I say the Zora and Rito

There you go, sir.

I did the Rito one last and when I got that ability I was like, "Well, if I had known what I would have got from here to start with, this would have been the first place I went!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Nah #$*! that, do what you want. I'd say unlock all the towers so you can see the whole map and then play how you want. Do the divine beasts in the order you want. I see them more as suggestions like...yeah, we're over here and you can run straight to us if you want but look at all this cool stuff around us! I say the Zora and bird people (I'm not up on Zelda lore) beast dungeons give you the best rewards at the end. The desert one sucks all together and by the time I made it to the Gorons I was ready to fight Ganon so completing the beast was mostly trivial.

spacer.png

Seriously though, I’m just going to see what happens. It will probably be like when I played Red Dead Redemption 2: do a story mission or two, go off and explore for X amount of time, see if I find side quests or whatever when exploring, rinse and repeat.

I know nothing about what happens, where anything is, and so forth, and I would really prefer to keep it that way unless I get absolutely stuck.

19 minutes ago, GrandAlchemist said:

There you go, sir.

I did the Rito one last and when I got that ability I was like, "Well, if I had known what I would have got from here to start with, this would have been the first place I went!"

Yep and the Zora one is especially helpful early on.