what are you playing?

You got up pretty early to defeat him :P

I know, but I have an odd sleep schedule. For about 3 weeks now I've been up at 6 AM regardless of what time I go to bed.

For all I know I could be sleeping in till 8 next week.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently dying from too many games but that's because I'm 100% against buying used games, so I always buy day one   PS3: Dragon's Crown, Ducktales Remastered, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F, Kille

Bravo, sir. That is quite an accomplishment.

Oh no! Being killed by fire is just insult to injury, especially in that level!

Posted Images

So I thought dual Tigrex were bad enough, but the dual Frenzied Tigrex were something else. Nearly took the entire time given to kill the two of them and keep myself alive. Luckily I never was knocked out and received the full payment for taking them down, but never again.

Ooooo, and now I can go hunt The Dah'ren Mohran, 4 Ultimate's equivalent to the Jhen Mohran! Fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between the two!

AND I CAN GO BACK AND HUNT THE SHAGARU MAGALA! This is a good monster hunting day indeed!

Since I was up at the crack of dawn again, I did some more Monster Hunting this morning before heading to class.

First I had a rematch with the Shagaru Magala. Man, I forgot how much fun that fight was. It's difficult due to all the explosions Shagaru likes to call forth, but God is it fun to fight one on one with that monster. Cost me a lot of healing items, but it was worth it.

Next was a dual battle with a Frenzied Rathian and Kut-ku. The Rathian went down way faster than the Kut-ku, which is odd since Rathians are the stronger monster all around.

Whatever the case, it made me realize I need to hunt Pink Rathians at some point so I can get some pink armor for my hunter. I named my 4 Ultimate hunter Ragnar (I even gave him a blue colored Palicoe sidekick named Healie!) so some pink armor would be perfect.

Now the question remains: who will my Generations hunter be? Carver, Amos, Terry, Melvin, Cannock (but not really cause death at every turn), or perhaps the return of Yangus from 3 Ultimate?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Since I was up at the crack of dawn again, I did some more Monster Hunting this morning before heading to class.

Ok, who's that character?

He looks like a short, stocky Paperboy.

Ok, who's that character?

He looks like a short, stocky Paperboy.

It's Ness from Earthbound.

Man, I made the switch to Switch Axe in 4 Ultimate, and I'm loving this weapon so much. I've had a much easier time fighting monsters thanks to the sidesteps and rolls you can pull off while wielding the weapon. Certainly has been a help on the dual monster quests I've complete this afternoon!

Alright Buru, I have the Generations demo a shot, and I have to say I like the two new monsters up for battles (the Great Maccao and Malfestio). Maccao is definitely a comical monster to throw you off with its actions and reminds of an animal (I want to say kangaroo) just because it stands on its tail to kick with its hind legs. The Malfestio was a great fight, though that inverted controls ailment is a nasty surprise.

I like the idea of the hunter styles. Guild for the classic gameplay and two arts, Aerial for easy chances at mounting monsters, and a last second dodge style are all great (can't remember what the 2nd was called, but it gave you 3 hunter arts). So after the demo and getting a taste for the new gameplay style, I'm all for it. I may hold off on getting the game myself though, but luckily my birthday is next month so I may ask for it then.

I don't plan on dropping 4 Ultimate though since it (and 3 Ultimate) still offer content not in Generations, such as G Rank, sub species monsters, different equipment, and so forth, so if you or gooie ever get 4 Ultimate when it's on sale (or right now since its like $20 for a physical copy) let me know and I'll play that with you guys. And of course once we have Generations we'll have to go online and hunt some monsters.

Sometimes the videos I find on YouTube...

It's paid to be back into Monster Hunter.

Sometimes the videos I find on YouTube...

It's paid to be back into Monster Hunter.

Give me your liver!

Ha, I decided to try out the Palico option in the MH Generations demo, and that was a lot of fun. If I can use that online to play and help out new players (namely randoms so they don't piggy back on more experienced hunters) then that would be great.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

FINALLY, I beat that damn Hermitaur! So glad to have that road block out of the way in single player!

Yes it is. 3 monsters to hunt (easy and medium monsters are brand new), 14 weapons to choose from, 4 hunting style options, and the option to play as a Palico.

I haven't tried many combos of weapons and hunting styles, but from the new ones I've used with sword and shield they've been nice.

Plus the Palico option was fun. It's so nice not to have to worry about a stamina bar when playing as a Palico too.

I've gotten the demo and am playing it. I'm liking the combat, but I don't really understand what the cats are doing. Are they just giving me stat boosts?

I'm planning to give the multiplayer a shot, too! I had a good deal of fun with it in the 4U demo.

They attack, heal, limit stamina usage, and so on. They are grab bags of support, and if they continue what they did with Palicos in 4 Ultimate then you'll have the option to recruit different ones with different specialties (healing, gathering, bombing, etc).

Yeah, I noticed they were giving me stuff like that, but then sometimes they'd say they were getting mad or something and I can't fully understand what initiated that or what it did.

It's initiated by the damage they receive or by chance. The type of Palico can affect both as well. My main Palicos in 4 (Healie and Dr. Paws) have gone into rage mode as soon as a monster appears.

Oh, OK! That makes sense, the thing was knocking all of us all over :P

Just tried my first round of multiplayer and had a lot of fun, but the people were saying "Set up a trap!" "I set up a bomb!" "Help me!" and I don't know how to do any of the things they ask of our group. :P We beat it though, so I guess I must've been fine! I definitely don't know how to do much more than spamming A and tapping bottom screen stuff, though...

Most messages are automated in the 3DS games when not in the lobby, so if someone sets up a pitfall or shock trap the game uses the appropriate message. There are quick messages you can access, but I don't remember the exact way to do it.

When on a hunt again push the Start button and check on of the pages for a Chat/Message option. It should bring up all the options.

In the full game(s) you can customize the messages.

As for combat itself, just keep messing around and it will all come together. Look up the controls got your weapon in the Hunters Notes via the Start button, or try alternating between X and/or A to find different combos. Most weapons (any with Shields, switch axe, charge blade, etc) allow you to block attacks or switch what the weapon can do.

Finally have access to high rank quests in 4, so now I can start gaining better drops for weapons and armor. Took long enough to get here compared to others, but better late than never. Some sub species are showing up too, so that could end good or bad depending on the changes between them and the main species.

Alright, I've played with the Generations demo a good bit, and I'm starting to really enjoy the hunts I'm doing. :) I'm slowly starting to grasp the combat better, though from what I've heard each weapon plays dramatically differently from each other, but I've been sticking to my trusty Dual Swords from the 4U demo thus far. ;) I also tried the Palico, but it's much weaker than everything else from what I've seen of online play, so I'm glad I learned that.

I've done the Great Maccao a few times, and the Intermediate monster (can't remember its name) once... except my team had a communication error towards the end and I was left solo, which wasn't what I was in the mood for, so I ended up quitting towards the end of the fight.

Planning to take down the Intermediate monster a few times, and then proceeding to the Hard one, but I'm already having a lot of fun and am seriously thinking about giving the series another go and grabbing a copy when it hits shelves in just 10 days. :)

Edited by gooieooie