what are you playing?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently dying from too many games but that's because I'm 100% against buying used games, so I always buy day one   PS3: Dragon's Crown, Ducktales Remastered, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F, Kille

Spyro 3’s progress has been the slowest of the three games for sure. I’ve reached Evening Lake (the third hub world) and have completed Bentley’s level. Man, I don’t remember if he was like this in th

So, a week or two ago All of the Lego Harry Potter games were on sale on the eShop. My fiancé, who is a total non-gamer, is a Harry Potter geek.    I bought the games in hopes she would eventua

Posted Images

Huh, for some reason I thought I heard that the Japanese version had button options but that it was removed in the U.S. release. I have the game as well and the touch screen only never bothered me.

I wish I could remember where I heard about the supposed button controls in the Japanese version.

MegaMix has button play, maybe that's what you're thinking of? It's how I've been playing.

Huh, for some reason I thought I heard that the Japanese version had button options but that it was removed in the U.S. release. I have the game as well and the touch screen only never bothered me.

I wish I could remember where I heard about the supposed button controls in the Japanese version.

MegaMix has button play, maybe that's what you're thinking of? It's how I've been playing.

No, this was years ago when I heard that tidbit.

Just finished up the demo for Rhythm Heaven Megamix. It was pretty fun, glad to see they brought back Ringside from Rhythm Heaven Fever.

I might pick up an eshop card this week and buy the full game when I go a huntin' for the Kirby series Kirby amiibo.

I want to buy it, but Instead will probably get the new Monster Hunter game in about a month since I do a weekly lunch with friends, and we've been playing Final Fantasy Explorers up until today, we're pretty much done with the game at this point, so it's time to move on, and Monster Hunter is probably the next game :P

Hey, if you do pick up MH Generations I'd love to play online with you. I'm always looking for new Monster Hunter friends to hunt with.

It's not if, it is when.  :)

I played about 20 hours of MH3U on the Wii U, so I'm familiar with the systems, but I'll still need a refresher. The demo is out a week from today so I'll download that and play a bit.

Edited by Bururian

Alright, sounds good. Just let me know when you get and we can plan out some hunts.

Monster Hunter has always seemed like fun, and when I played the demos I enjoy it with the characters they have (I quite enjoyed the Dual Swords), but I got 3 Ultimate a few years back and... I kinda suck? :P I find it really difficult when I don't have good stuff like they throw on me in the demos. 

The ability to play as a Felyne, though... that caught my interest and made me consider picking up the new one at some point in the future. Maybe I just need more practice, it's a series that I think I'd enjoy if I understood it better.

I'll give the demo a shot when it's released to start, at least!

Edited by gooieooie

Yes, it can be a hard series to jump into as a new player. I had the same problem when I started the series back with Tri on the Wii, but repeating fights with early monsters helps you figure out what your weapon(s) can do and when you should dodge, charge, etc.

Crafting can be a hurdle, but it's nothing impossible. The games have gotten much more user friendly (especially 4 Ultimate), so give it another shot and you may find you like it.

Yeah, I'll give the demo of the new one a shot and see how I like it. It's not so much that I didn't like it, it's just that I found it really difficult. :P I think I ranked up two times last time I played it, but I feel like I could really enjoy it once I start to grasp it a bit better.

It's best to start offline of you're new to the series. Playing online right away can be a pain because the monsters are much stronger, plus later game monsters have a tendency to show up as HR 1 and 2 quests or they like to show up with no warning.

I don't think the 3DS version of 3U can go online, so I actually haven't tried online besides the demos! :P I find the demos fun, but with a good challenge, but I can't get myself to that stage in the main game. ;)

You say the game has become more user friendly though, so perhaps I'll give this new one a shot at some point! I actually did find myself interested in 4U when I saw gameplay, but never ended up getting it.

Edited by gooieooie

It's best to start offline of you're new to the series. Playing online right away can be a pain because the monsters are much stronger, plus later game monsters have a tendency to show up as HR 1 and 2 quests or they like to show up with no warning.

I made that mistake of going online almost instantly, and it very nearly made me hate the game. I didn't realize that even playing by yourself online it made the game harder.

I don't think the 3DS version of 3U can go online, so I actually haven't tried online besides the demos! :P I find the demos fun, but with a good challenge, but I can't get myself to that stage in the main game. ;)

You say the game has become more user friendly though, so perhaps I'll give this new one a shot at some point! I actually did find myself interested in 4U when I saw gameplay, but never ended up getting it.

I only have the Wii U version of 3 Ultimate, so I forget about the 3DS version. Wasn't sure what version you had (may have missed it in a previous post) but when you said you only went up to rank 2 or 3 I thought you meant via online play. Oops.

Either way, the newer games (or at least 4 Ultimate, not sure on Generations) has some very nice tutorials and optional quests to help you get acquainted with the controls, different weapons, customizing the bottom screen to your liking, and so on. The demos just throw you into the action and say "GOOD LUCK!" but the full games help you out. Plus starting you off with a full set of armor and the basic iron forms of each weapon type is a nice bonus.

I made that mistake of going online almost instantly, and it very nearly made me hate the game. I didn't realize that even playing by yourself online it made the game harder.
It's a good way to challenge yourself, but playing online by yourself against some monsters can be a nightmare. Tried that with Deviljho once and NEVER AGAIN.

Some would be near impossible if you weren't prepared properly, like the Jhen Mohran, the Goldbeard variant Ceadeaus, or the nasty post game monsters of 4 Ultimate.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I am hoping the demo will be good. I don't know what Generations is about, but I assume it's kind of a Legacy game that will include all types of monsters from all the different games. 

I could google and find out, or I could just play :P

I don't think the 3DS version of 3U can go online, so I actually haven't tried online besides the demos! :P I find the demos fun, but with a good challenge, but I can't get myself to that stage in the main game. ;)

I only have the Wii U version of 3 Ultimate, so I forget about the 3DS version. Wasn't sure what version you had (may have missed it in a previous post) but when you said you only went up to rank 2 or 3 I thought you meant via online play. Oops.

Either way, the newer games (or at least 4 Ultimate, not sure on Generations) has some very nice tutorials and optional quests to help you get acquainted with the controls, different weapons, customizing the bottom screen to your liking, and so on. The demos just throw you into the action and say "GOOD LUCK!" but the full games help you out. Plus starting you off with a full set of armor and the basic iron forms of each weapon type is a nice bonus.

It's a good way to challenge yourself, but playing online by yourself against some monsters can be a nightmare. Tried that with Deviljho once and NEVER AGAIN.

Some would be near impossible if you weren't prepared properly, like the Jhen Mohran, the Goldbeard variant Ceadeaus, or the nasty post game monsters of 4 Ultimate.

Ah, I see! That does sound helpful for learning the basics.

Also, quick silly question; is the L Button used for anything mandatory? I can't remember. My 3DS' L button is very finicky, so I'm hoping there isn't. :P

L is used for items. You hold the button then flip through the pages with A and Y. When you find the one you want you press X to use it, then you can close the "menu" by letting go of L.

Yes, in 4 Ultimate you can. There are a lot of configuration options in 4 Ultimate actually. I'm guessing Generations will have it as well.

I am hoping the demo will be good. I don't know what Generations is about, but I assume it's kind of a Legacy game that will include all types of monsters from all the different games. 

I could google and find out, or I could just play :P

I try to go into a new Monster Hunter game without knowing what monsters to expect. Makes it a little more fun that way. I'm hoping if this is one big legacy game, we'll see monsters from the Japan only games as well as the return of some creatures from Tri like the Lagiacrus or King Ludroth. Granted that means swimming would have to come back...hmm...

I have a love/hate relationship with Gobul.

I love his armor. I hate underwater fights.

The Plesioth became my most hated underwater monster. That damn water beam attack of his is so fast, and he's a pain to fight on land as well.

I would include the White Lagiacrus, but he's land only.