Sign in to follow this  
mma0701

Dragon Quest Crystal Monsters Zoma Appears complete set

hey guys, it's been quiet some time and I just wanted to share this with you. My GF went to Japan in May to visit her family and brought me back this, amongst other things

934030_10151577792690256_16358133_n.jpg

486823_10151577792500256_651260582_n.jpg

260300_10151578190645256_312657422_n.jpg

From 2 boxes we managed to get one complete set and it was down to 2 toys left and missing 2 to complete the set...so intense. I'm gonna say Zoma is the rarest because not counting palette swaps I got at least one dupe of each character otherwise except him.

I've been looking for more but it's almost impossible to find them at a reasonable price (especially the 25th Anniversary set).  I only have three from set 10 and four from the 25th Anniversary set.  My GF found a box of Dragon King Appears for around 4500Y on Amazon and they only had one left so we ordered it, I'll be sure to post pictures once we receive it.

Edited by 진건0701
  • Upvote 2

Those are very nice. I'm jealous.

Ah, Jin, long time no see. Nice crystal monster collection you've acquired there!

Edited by GrandAlchemist

Ah, Jin, long time no see. Nice crystal monster collection you've acquired there!

Hey GA, nice to see you too. Yeah I hadn't been in the collecting loop for a while now. My ex-GF sent me some and my other friend had to go to her sisters wedding and got me some. As for DraQue, I haven't played it in well over a year I'd say.

Nice, nice. It has been quite some time since my last DQ game as well. It will probably be a while 'til I play again.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

Nice, nice. It has been quite some time since my last DQ game as well. It will probably be a while 'til I play again.

Unfortunately for me I'm not a big MMORPG fan, so I'll just patiently await for DraQue VII to be released in the west.

I'm not a fan of MMORPGs either. I'll probably give DQX a whirl, but I'm not expecting to be impressed.

Nice Crystal Monsters!  I have a few of them sitting around somewhere (ones you already have).  I used them at the end of fan pull chains in my house for a while.  That was fun!

I keep a Devil Slime on my bag :)

dslime.jpg

Wish I could find these easier, the quality is pretty good. I'm used to cheap anime keychains that fall apart after a month or two but this guy is holding strong after almost a year. 

• Upvote 1

That's really amazing ! I'm impressed !

In what materials are they ?

Since I'm relatively new to the DQ fandom, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I learns about all these DQ goodies...

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

That's really amazing ! I'm impressed !

In what materials are they ?

Since I'm relatively new to the DQ fandom, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I learns about all these DQ goodies...

they are made from PVC

excitemike: they are easy to find, the price is the problem. In Japan a box typically goes for around 4,000Â¥-5,000Â¥, but online from North America they go for 1.5x to 2x the price, which is a major rip off. The best way (which thankfully I have) is a friend(s) in Japan or a Japanese credit card and mailing address.

Edited by 진건0701

Oh yeah, the price is what keeps me away. Once in a blue moon I get lucky and come across some for sale in a store and I just can't resist.

Edited by Excitemike

I got a red slime (I refuse to call them "she-slimes" despite them being a little off-red nowadays) and a Goopi on my birthday a few years ago, but I lost the chain for one of them. They're nice, but I don't know what to do with them except for hang them from a shelf.

They always have the blue slime for the all of the keychain series dont they. Do you think we can gather up people in this forum and buy a whole bunch of them and split so it will ease the cost? Those in NA only though.

they have solid blue, translucent blue, and in this set kira kira blue (and gray)

I call it kira kira for fun, they actually just have sparkles inside them.

As for display, I remove the chains and put them in a display case. Perhaps I can post a link once I'm home.

Very nice. I'm jealous.