This place needs a morale boost.

So here's a picture of my son and my wife's King Slime plush we took this morning. He's 13 months now and won't be long before I start playing DQ games with him. My daughter is a big DQ fan and hopefully he will be too.

IMG_20130830_061906.jpg

• Upvote 9

The only reason I would want a kid right now is to continue the Dragon Quest fandom bloodline.

Get 'em while they're young!

My six year old nephew is so used to Dragon Quest being in Japanese that while we were playing Dragon Quest VIII in english today, he got upset there was english instead of Japanese.

Edited by Megalosaro
  • Upvote 1

Cute kid. Just watch, he'll grow-up thinking DQ is a kiddie series and wanting to play the latest Call of Duty.  :tounge2:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare XVI.

Hey, at least it's got roman numerals -- and he can play with an RPG! (Rocket Propelled Grenade)

cute :)  it does lift the spirits. if i ever had kids i'd start them out with the good old Nes, none of the average/mediocre games of today. (excluding Dragon Quest of course) 

Cute kid, man!

Trying to keep hold of all the DS titles for my little guy. If the 3DS lasts as long as the DS, at least he'll have those games to grow up to on a modern console. Don't think we'll ever play the original NES until he's old enough to deal with emulators. Then again, maybe the new flash cart for 3DS will allow lots of old emulation on that system.

Here is the Healslime that my girlfriend made for me with hama beads. Isn't that great? :)

1239592_10151646630433983_1062068187_n.j

Edited by knighTeen87
  • Upvote 1

I should show off some of my DQ-Themed perler bead art. Sadly, I don't know where I put it all.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I am doing my part to pass the DQ bug on to the next generation.  Two of my kids are currently obsessed with Rocket Slime.  My oldest is a seasoned pro now and working on a second playthrough since he nearly ran out of things to do on the first (just needed to catch some more Goodybags so he could add them to his tank crew).

Right now he is teaching his sister how everything works and is coaching her through the game.  Here's a snap of them during one of his "lessons":

ScottEmma_RocketSlime_scale.jpg

My other son isn't nearly old enough to play yet, but I am sure there will be enough DQ fever in the house by the time he is ready that it won't be any problem to grab his interest.

Edited by King Zenith
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...