Chanticleer Rants - Fan pessimism about TW3D's localization

Welcome to Chanticleer Rants, and we live in a world where most of us who have heard of TW3D have given up hope of it ever being localized.

Today, I'm going to rant about how the people have given up hope, when really the localizers are keeping details hush-hush and taking their time with localization.

I know it may be too short, but please bear with this, as this is my first rant.

What? Don't you care about how the localizers will put cactiball, inopp, and bewarewolf in different locations, since they were DQMJ2Pro exclusives in the Japanese version? Do you really expect them to get done with the postgame script so quickly!? What about the usual puns they're probably putting out in the scripts?! And what about the renames of the remaining Caravan Heart and DQMJ2Pro monsters, as well as the TW3D originals?!?

I can understand giving up hope on Rocket Slime 3D (since it's been released for nearly 2 years and still no word) and Dragon Quest VII (since they expect the localizers to copy-and-paste the original Enix script). At the same time, I really don't understand why we have to give up on DQVII. It's only a few months old, and Dragon Quest localizations take time.

Who knows? Nintendo/Square-Enix might be purposefully screwing with us so they can save everything for the 25th anniversary of Dragon Quest in the US.

And that's my rant on pessimism for TW3D's potential localization. Tune in next time as I rant about random shizz.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

I had to look up Dragon Warrior's release in the U.S.

August 1989 first release, so that would make it August 2014.

My critique of your most interesting rant, me being someone who's positive it ain't coming.

1. too short

2. blindly? Wouldn't that lead to more typos.

3. the problem is that "we live in a world where most of us have [never heard of] TW3D"

My critique of your most interesting rant, me being someone who's positive it ain't coming.

1. too short

2. blindly? Wouldn't that lead to more typos.

3. the problem is that "we live in a world where most of us have [never heard of] TW3D"

1. I'm not too good at long rants, so...

2. Not "blindly" in the literal sense. I just wanted to be a parody of a few ranters on the web, and I guess I sorta failed.

3. Sorry, didn't think of that. What I meant to say was, "We live in a world where most of us who have heard of TW3D have given up hope of it ever being localized."

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Haha, good man! I'm glad you have hope. I've kinda stopped getting excited for new releases, but I'm glad you haven't. Your optimism makes me think someday we'll get games again! Maybe not TW3D, but the next game or the next game. Me, I'm very closely going to follow this 3Ds flashcart that's coming out and see if I can't play the Japanese versions. Done it before, I'll try it again if it's feasible.

I HAVE A SCION! WOO!

I'm super-pessimistic about TW3D getting localized, though. It's been out long enough for some kind of notice, even a TBA, but has SE acknowledged any of our questions? No.

I have to agree with Felix. Until I see proof, as far as I'm concerned, DQ is dead. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has reached out by now on a couple of the recent DQs (( Slime was popular, and Terry would've done well as it would've came out well before Pokemon X/Y )) and SE said "Nah, we're gonna make card games instead LOL".

Really, I see them more releasing ports of DQ1-6 on mobile/tablet devices before we get anything more. :| (( DQ1-3 on 3DS VC plz. ))

Really, I see them more releasing ports of DQ1-6 on mobile/tablet devices before we get anything more. :| (( DQ1-3 on 3DS VC plz. ))

That could actually be a good thing. Consider it: Making Dragon Quest available to millions (billions?) for cheap and expanding the audience could make future releases more possible.

Edited by eal

With how popular the FF iOS/Android ports are? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The SNES versions would be super-cheap to localize, and 4-6 is already on DS, and the FF ports of 3 and 4 ARE the DS versions, so... (( Same for CT iOS/And. ))

(( I say SNES 'cause well... SNES. ))

Too bad SE is only interested in mobile games that suck as much money out of their loyal customers as possible via in-app purchases.

I mean, jeez, Final Fantasy: All the Bravest? No gameplay, and a $0.99 charge to buy one out of 30+ RANDOM characters! You can't even pick your favorite, it's totally luck of the draw! I don't even play Final Fantasy and that irritates me!

• Upvote 2

I'm still optimistic as well.

Well, there's certainly nothing coming in 2013, so why not?

I don't know where I was going with that, this thread just got me curious about when the first game was released. You do have a point though, it would make some sense.

Too bad SE is only interested in mobile games that suck as much money out of their loyal customers as possible via in-app purchases.

I mean, jeez, Final Fantasy: All the Bravest? No gameplay, and a $0.99 charge to buy one out of 30+ RANDOM characters! You can't even pick your favorite, it's totally luck of the draw! I don't even play Final Fantasy and that irritates me!

I'd be okay if they made more games like Final Fantasy Dimensions and less like ATB

I don't know where I was going with that, this thread just got me curious about when the first game was released. You do have a point though, it would make some sense.

Making sense? Squeenix? Wait, that's the falicy in your logic right there.

Making sense? Squeenix? Wait, that's the falicy in your logic right there.

(Note to self, be more specific next time about what I'm optimistic about)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Really, I see them more releasing ports of DQ1-6 on mobile/tablet devices before we get anything more. :|

Late reply, but actually, they did! DQI through VIII are being released on iOS/Android (though currently only in Japan).

Key word is currently. Oh well, we'll get them and then us tabletholders will be happy. I see us getting TW3D mid next year, an announcement being made after the Christmas holidays. If at all.

I haven't give up complete hoe on TW3D, but it's pretty close. We're definitely getting DQVII 3D.

(I hope the iOS version is the same as the 3DS version -minus the extra screen- and that we get both, or if not both, at least the iOS version because I don't own a 3DS and don't know when I'll be able to afford one. Also, iOS controller support.)

• 3 weeks later...

;) And numerous Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy 7 and Kingdom Hearts Sequels. :ws-slimedead:

Kingdom Hearts was meant to be a series.

I'm looking forward to the DQ tablet re-releases. It's gonna be fun. And the only DLC-enabled SE game I've seen (( AYB )), has failed pretty bad due to fan pissyness.