Sign in to follow this  
Motdrafin

Cave Story...or Denpa Men 2?

I've had the FE:A/SMT4 $30 eShop credit since July, and I have already spent it on Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Metroid II, with $19 left. I thought Denpa Men 2 and Cave Story looked really cool, though I can only get one. Which one is better, and why? Also, I almost always find RPGs much better than platformers, though I read somewhere that Cave Story has a good story and is similar to Metroid (I LOVE METROID!!!), which is a plus in my book. I also heard Denpa Men 2 has a lot of grinding, though I do not really mind that.

tl;dr: Cave Story or Denpa Men 2?

Edited by Motdrafin

Both are equally good. Cave Story is a damned good platformer, it also DOES have a decent story. I have it on my 3DS, and it's super-solid, just like the original release. I think it also comes with the Cave Story+ extras that came off Steam, as well as it looks good in 3D mode.

Denpa Men is... quirky. I have Denpa 1, and I haven't played much of it. It's a basic RPG, think DQ basic as terms of battle. The storyline seems a little... wonky.

I'd recommend Cave Story for your credit, and with the remaining 9$, get yourself a couple more VC titles. Try Kirby 2 and the other Oracle zelda. But get the other Oracle first.

get all the street pass games, they are more than worth paying the $15.00 for all 4

If you live in Japan, get all the StreetPass games.

If you live in non-metro US, don't even bother. And don't even bother then if you live in the US. :|

• Upvote 1

I live in downtown Vancouver and not only does my GF and 5 of my co-workers have 3DS so I can meet them on a daily basis, if I go out walking for an hour I'll get at least 5-10 street passes.  I thought everyone used street pass.

Also, if you go to places like an Aquarium it's extremely easy to go street passes.  I went a couple days after I got my 3DS (not because of that) and I met 9 people within an hour.

Edited by 진건0701

I went to the Atlanta Aquarium in Atlanta, Georgia, on Labor Day.

I got 0 Streetpasses.

I went to Underground Atlanta the same day.

I got 0 Streetpasses.

You're lucky you get any at all in the US. I believe I've ranted on it before.

I went to the Atlanta Aquarium in Atlanta, Georgia, on Labor Day.

I got 0 Streetpasses.

I went to Underground Atlanta the same day.

I got 0 Streetpasses.

You're lucky you get any at all in the US. I believe I've ranted on it before.

I suddenly feel so fortunate to live in Canada (even more so)